トランプ政権は、詐欺疑惑を受けてミネソタ州への育児資金を差し控えると発表 BBC 2025/12/31
US withholding childcare funds from Minnesota amid fraud probe
トランプ政権は、保守系YouTuberがソマリア移民が運営する複数の施設が保育を提供せずに公費を流用していると主張したことを受け、ミネソタ州への保育料支払いを凍結したと発表した。
The Trump administration said it has frozen child care payments for the state of Minnesota after a conservative YouTuber alleged that several centres run by Somali immigrants were taking public money without providing care.
火曜日にXに投稿された動画で、保健福祉省(HHS)高官は話題となったこの動画を引用し、「ミネソタ州で蔓延していると思われる露骨な詐欺」を摘発すると述べた。
In a post on X on Tuesday, a top official with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) cited the viral video, and said the agency would target "blatant fraud that seems to be rampant in Minnesota".
州当局は、動画に見られる詐欺疑惑を否定している。
State officials have pushed back against allegations of fraud in the video.
ドナルド・トランプ大統領が米国へのソマリア移民の入国を望まないと表明したことを受け、ミネソタ州は米国最大のソマリア移民人口を抱える同州で最近、移民取締りを強化している。
Immigration enforcement has recently ramped up in the state, home to the largest population of Somali immigrants in the US, after President Donald Trump said he didn't want them in the country.
「ミネソタ州への保育料の支払いを全面的に凍結しました」と、保健福祉省のジム・オニール副長官は火曜日のXへの投稿で発表した。
"We have frozen all child care payments to the state of Minnesota," HHS Deputy Secretary Jim O'Neill announced in an X post on Tuesday.
オニール副長官は、この決定は「ミネソタ州が過去10年間、州内の不正な保育施設に数百万ドルもの税金を流用してきたという深刻な疑惑」が浮上する中での決定だと述べた。
He said this decision comes amid "serious allegations that the state of Minnesota has funneled millions of taxpayer dollars to fraudulent daycares across Minnesota over the past decade".
保健福祉省は、問題の保育施設の徹底的な調査が完了するまで、州への年間1億8500万ドル(1億3700万ポンド)の支払いを停止すると発表した。
The department said it would suspend the annual payment of $185m (£137m) to the state, pending a full review of the centres in question.
オニール氏の投稿には、保健福祉省(HHS)が今後すべての州への支払いに「支出防衛」システムを導入するとも記されていた。同氏は、このシステムでは「州に資金を送る前に、その正当性と領収書または写真による証拠の提示が必要となる」と述べた。
O'Neill's post added that HHS would introduce a "defend the spend" system for all future payments to every state. This would require "justification and a receipt or photo evidence before we send money to a state", he said.
ニック・シャーリー氏が先週末に投稿して以来、複数のソーシャルメディア・プラットフォームで数百万回再生されている動画は、シャーリー氏が訪問した際に12カ所近くの施設がサービスを提供していなかった、あるいは子どもがいなかったと非難している。
The video by Nick Shirley, which has received millions of views across multiple social media platforms since being posted over the weekend, accused nearly a dozen centres of not providing any services or having any children present when Mr Shirley visited.
ミネソタ州児童・青少年・家族局のティッキ・ブラウン局長は、動画に登場した施設は定期的に検査を受けていると述べた。
Minnesota Department of Children, Youth, and Families Commissioner Tikki Brown said the sites featured in the video have been subject to regular checks.
「動画で使用された手法の一部には疑問を抱いていますが、動画が提起した詐欺に関する懸念を非常に深刻に受け止めています」と彼女は述べた。
"While we have questions about some of the methods used in the video, we do take the concerns that the video raises about fraud very seriously," she said.
州当局者はBBCの米国メディアパートナーであるCBSニュースに対し、今週、一部のサイトを再度視察したと述べた。
State officials also told the BBC's US media partner CBS News that they visited some of the sites again this week.
さらに、2つのサイトはすでに閉鎖されていたと付け加えた。
Two had already shut down, they added.
CBSはこれらの施設の公開記録を調査した結果、不正行為の証拠は見つからなかったものの、安全性、清潔さ、設備、職員研修に関する違反行為は確認された。動画で言及されている施設のうち、2施設を除く全てが有効な認可を受けており、過去6ヶ月以内に州の規制当局の視察を受けている。
CBS found no evidence of fraud when it reviewed public records for the centres, although it did find citations related to safety, cleanliness, equipment, and staff training. All but two of the facilities mentioned in the video had active licenses and were all visited by state regulators in the last six months.
直近の査察は12月4日にスウィートエンジェル・デイケアで行われ、この施設はソーシャルメディアで特に注目を集めている。
The most recent inspection was on 4 December at Sweet Angel Daycare, a centre that has drawn particular attention on social media.
FBI長官カシュ・パテル氏は今週初め、「最近のソーシャルメディアでの報道」を認識しており、ミネソタ州における不正行為の捜査はパンデミック以降継続していると述べた。
FBI Director Kash Patel said earlier this week that he was aware of "recent social media reports", and that investigations into fraud in Minnesota have been ongoing since the pandemic.
「FBIは、これは非常に大きな氷山の一角に過ぎないと考えています。私たちは引き続き資金の流れを追跡し、子どもたちを守ります。この捜査は現在も継続中です」とパテル氏はXに記した。
"The FBI believes this is just the tip of a very large iceberg. We will continue to follow the money and protect children, and this investigation very much remains ongoing," Patel wrote on X.
3月、連邦陪審は、現在は解散したミネソタ州の団体「Feeding our Future」の代表を、検察が史上最大規模のパンデミック支援金詐欺と呼んだ2億5000万ドル(1億8600万ポンド)の不正流用で有罪判決を下した。
In March, a federal jury convicted the head of the now-defunct organisation Feeding our Future in Minnesota for what prosecutors called the largest-ever fraud of pandemic aid, which involved $250m (£186m).
ミネアポリスは、トランプ大統領が全米の都市で数ヶ月にわたって展開している移民・犯罪対策の新たな標的となっている。
Minneapolis is the latest target in Trump's months-long immigration and crime crackdown in cities across the US.
今月初め、トランプ大統領はソマリア移民を米国に受け入れたくないと述べ、記者団に対し「彼らは出身地に帰るべきだ」「彼らの国は良くないのには理由がある」と述べた。
Earlier this month, Trump said he did not want Somali immigrants in the US, telling reporters they should "go back to where they came from" and "their country is no good for a reason".
ミネソタ州は、2024年の大統領選でカマラ・ハリス前副大統領の副大統領候補となる民主党のティム・ウォルツ知事が州知事を務めている。
Minnesota is led by Democratic Governor Tim Walz, the running mate of former Vice-President Kamala Harris in the 2024 election.
移民問題などでトランプ大統領と対立してきたウォルツ知事は、「犯罪の捜査と起訴への支援は歓迎する。しかし、PR活動に終始し、移民を無差別に標的にすることは、問題の真の解決策にはならない」と述べた。
Walz, who has sparred with Trump on immigration and other issues, said: "We welcome support in investigating and prosecuting crime. But pulling a PR stunt and indiscriminately targeting immigrants is not a real solution to a problem."
いいなと思ったら応援しよう!
よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m