キューバ、米国船籍のスピードボートで集団銃撃事件、計画は「武装侵入」と発表 BBC 2026/2/27
Cuba says group shot on US-registered speedboat planned 'armed infiltration'
キューバは、水曜日に自国沖で拿捕した米国船籍のスピードボートに乗っていた10人が「テロ目的の侵入」を計画していたと非難した。
Cuba has accused 10 people aboard a US-registered speedboat it intercepted off its coast on Wednesday of planning "an infiltration with terrorist aims".
キューバ内務省によると、国境警備隊はボートに乗っていた4人を射殺、6人を負傷させた。フロリダ州船籍のスピードボートの乗組員が先に発砲したとしている。
Border guards shot dead four people and injured the other six on the boat, the Cuban interior ministry said, alleging that those on the Florida-registered vessel had fired first.
マルコ・ルビオ米国務長官は、ワシントンがこの「極めて異例」の事件を捜査中だと述べた。
US Secretary of State Marco Rubio said Washington was investigating the "highly unusual" incident.
この銃撃事件は、米軍がキューバの緊密な同盟国であるベネズエラのニコラス・マドゥロ大統領を拘束し、後継者によるキューバへの石油供給を阻止してから2か月も経たないうちに発生し、両国間の緊張が高まっている時期に起きた。
The deadly shooting comes at a time of increased tension between the two countries, less than two months after US forces seized Cuba's close ally, Venezuelan leader Nicolás Maduro, and stopped his successor from supplying it with oil.
キューバ内務省はオンライン声明で、スピードボートはキューバ領海に侵入し、同国北部沿岸のカヨ・ファルコネス沖1海里で拿捕されたと述べた。
Cuba's interior ministry said in an online statement that the speedboat had entered Cuban territorial waters and was "one nautical mile off Cayo Falcones", on the country's northern coast, when it was intercepted.
また、キューバ船の船長はその後の銃撃戦で負傷したと付け加えた。
It added that the commander of the Cuban boat was injured in the firefight that ensued.
ミゲル・ディアス=カネル大統領は、キューバは「主権と国家の安定に対するいかなるテロリストや傭兵による侵略に対しても、断固たる決意と断固たる姿勢で自国を防衛する」と述べた。
Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel said Cuba would "defend itself with determination and firmness against any terrorist and mercenary aggression against its sovereignty and national stability".
その後、キューバのカルロス・フェルナンデス・デ・コシオ外務次官は記者団に対し、米国は「これらの遺憾な事件の解明」に協力する「意欲」を示したと述べた。
Later, Cuba's deputy foreign minister Carlos Fernandez de Cossio told reporters the US had shown a "willingness" to cooperate on "clarifying these regrettable events".
同氏は船内にいたとみられる10人の名前を挙げ、そのうち4人が死亡したことを確認した。キューバ当局は先に、10人全員が米国在住のキューバ国籍であると発表していた。
He named 10 individuals believed to be on board, confirming four of them had been killed. Cuban authorities said earlier all 10 were Cuban nationals residing in the US.
また、逮捕され、陰謀への関与を自白したとされる11人目の人物も特定した。
They also identified an 11th person they said had been arrested and had confessed to being part of the alleged plot.
フェルナンデス・デ・コシオ氏は、すべての情報はまだ暫定的なものだが、今後数日中に詳細が発表されると述べた。
Fernandez de Cossio said all information was still preliminary but more details would be provided in coming days.
キューバ当局は、乗組員のほとんどが「犯罪および暴力行為に関与した前歴」があると付け加えた。
The Cuban authorities added that most of them had "prior records involving criminal and violent activity".
声明によると、スピードボートからは拳銃、アサルトライフル、即席爆発装置(IED)に加え、その他の戦術装備が回収された。
Handguns, assault rifles and improvised explosive devices were recovered from the speedboat, along with other tactical gear, according to the statement.
BBCベリファイは、在米キューバ大使館から提供されたスピードボートの登録情報(FL7726SH、フロリダ州登録)を調べたが、BBCが利用しているどのプラットフォームでも所有者情報や追跡履歴は得られなかった。
BBC Verify checked the speedboat's registration details provided by the Cuban embassy in US (FL7726SH, Florida registered) but they yielded no ownership details or tracking history on any of the platforms the BBC relies on.
キューバ内務省は過去にも、カリブ海の島から米国へのキューバ人密輸に従事していたとして、米国の民間船舶による領海侵犯を非難している。
Cuba's interior ministry has in the past denounced other incursions into its territorial waters by privately owned US boats it said were engaged in smuggling Cubans from the Caribbean island to the US.
この事件は、キューバから米国へ向かう移民を乗せたいかだを捜索していた米国拠点の団体「ブラザーズ・トゥ・ザ・レスキュー」所属の小型民間機2機をキューバ国防軍が撃墜してから、ほぼ30年目に起きた。
The incident also comes almost 30 years to the day since Cuban defence forces shot down two small civilian planes belonging to Brothers to the Rescue, a US-based group that searched for rafts carrying migrants from Cuba to the US.
1996年のこの事件では乗員4人が死亡し、米国で激しい非難を引き起こした。
Four people aboard were killed in the 1996 incident, triggering outrage in the US.
キューバ政府が水曜日の事件の乗客の一部身元を公表する前に、ルビオ上院議員は、キューバ軍が拿捕したスピードボートには米国政府職員は乗っていなかったと述べていた。
Before the Cuban government released some of the passengers' identities of Wednesday's incident, Rubio had said that the speedboat intercepted by the Cubans had not been carrying US government personnel.
米国務長官は、米国はキューバ政府から提供された情報に頼るのではなく、事件の真相と乗船者の行動を独自に検証すると述べた。
The US secretary of state said Washington would not rely on information provided by the Cuban government, and would instead independently verify the facts of the case and what those on board were doing in the area.
長官は、トランプ政権がキューバ政府への圧力強化を推進する中、カリブ諸国の首脳らと会談するため、セントクリストファー・ネイビスを訪れていた。国務長官は、その他の地域問題にも対処するため、同国を訪問していた。
He spoke from Saint Kitts and Nevis, where he had travelled to meet Caribbean leaders amid the Trump administration's push to ramp up pressure on Cuba's government, as well as other regional issues.
両親が1950年代にキューバから米国に移住したルビオ氏は、ハバナの共産党政権を厳しく批判してきた。
Rubio, whose parents emigrated to the US from Cuba in the 1950s, has been a harsh critic of the Communist-run government in Havana.
トランプ大統領は水曜日、「キューバの現状は容認できない」とし、「変革が必要だ」と述べた。
He said on Wednesday that "Cuba's status quo is unacceptable" and "needs to change".
「キューバは抜本的な改革を行う必要がある」と述べ、共産党指導部に対し「キューバ国民に経済的、そして最終的には政治的自由のための空間を開く」よう強く求めた。
"They need to make dramatic reforms," he said, urging its Communist leadership to "open the space for both economic, and eventually political, freedom for the people of Cuba".
先月、ベネズエラのマドゥロ大統領が米軍の軍事作戦で拘束された後、ドナルド・トランプ大統領はキューバに対し、「合意を成立させなければ」具体的な結果を招くと警告した。
Last month, following the seizure of Venezuela's Maduro in a US military operation, Donald Trump told Cuba to "make a deal" or face unspecified consequences.
当時、トランプ大統領は「キューバへの原油輸出は今後一切行わない」とも述べた。政権はベネズエラからの原油輸出を阻止し、キューバに原油を輸出する他国への関税賦課も示唆している。
The US president also said at the time that there would be "no more oil going to Cuba". His administration has blocked shipments from Venezuela and threatened tariffs on other nations delivering oil to the island.
この動きは、キューバが長年苦しんでいる深刻な石油・燃料不足をさらに悪化させるものとなった。
The move has further exacerbated the already crippling oil and fuel shortages Cuba has been suffering for years.
しかし、米国財務省は水曜日、「キューバ国民の商業的および人道的利用を支援するため」、石油販売を含む一部の小規模な民間取引を緩和すると発表した。
On Wednesday, however, the US Treasury said it would ease some small private sector transactions, including oil sales, to "support the Cuban people, for commercial and humanitarian use".
キューバ内務省の最初の声明は、こうした緊張関係に言及し、「現在の課題に直面し、キューバは領海を守り、主権を守る決意を改めて表明する」と述べた。
The first Cuban interior ministry statement alluded to these tensions, saying that "in the face of current challenges, Cuba reaffirms its determination to protect its territorial waters" and safeguard its sovereignty.
いいなと思ったら応援しよう!
よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m