Blood Bowl 3

Blood Bowl 3

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
A new home for Blood Bowl
Today we're excited to share some big news: Slitherine is now the publisher of the Blood Bowl video game franchise.

We're incredibly excited to continue shaping the future of Blood Bowl and we can't wait to show you what's coming next.

Join us on July 22nd during the Slitherine Next livestream on the Slitherine Twitch channel [www.twitch.tv] at 18:00 CEST.

The showcase will feature updates across some of Slitherine’s major upcoming projects and franchises, including Blood Bowl, along with other announcements from our development lineup.

We'll be taking a closer look at the future of Blood Bowl, sharing major updates, exciting announcements, and giving you a first glimpse of what's ahead.

Are you ready for the next kickoff?
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Now I'm really excited :-).
Originally posted by Grulemugg:
So no more Cyanide? Oh thank god!
Cyanide is still the developer, only the publisher changed from Nacon to Slitherine
Bon, ça règle un des problèmes... un éditeur de jeux de Handball ne pouvait pas comprendre ce qu'est la licence BB... Du coup, on va encore leur laisser une chance...
Quand même, Siltherine... Ils sont connus pour éditer des "bons petits jeux", je me demande s'ils auront les épaules ? Parce que bon, va falloir refaire toute l'audio de BB, avec des traductions dans des vraies langues, payer pour refaire le code pour que les mutations soient visibles sur les mobs (et corriger les bugs...), ça va coûter bonbon. Enfin, ça ressemble à un coup de poker, si Cyanide a faire son boulot et que la prod suit, ce sera le coup du siècle, sinon ça risque de plomber cet éditeur correct jusqu'à présent.
Bref, Wait and see, mais notre patience a ses limites aussi...
Hopefully they end this half-baked live service model. It very clearly isn't working all that well, and it is probably costing a ton of money.
no more cyanide?

Oh wait, no....

Who cares then? It's Cyanide the real problem
Why so much hate for Cyanide?

Oh wait,

It't the internet. I forgot.

Seriously though, Cyanide are a small games company that makes some awesome games. I have racked up an inordinate number of hours on all their Blood bowl iterations and Mordheim: City of the Damned. Ironically, every time Cyanide bring out a new version of Blood Bowl, the community hates on it and reminices how great the previous version they made was.

There are two main compaints people make (I'm ingoring the RNG because that's in your head).
1. They released BB3 full of bugs
2. They are money grabbers

The first compaint is understandable but they have stuck with the game (like they did with BB2) and worked on it until it is close to perfect. They have perservered despite the hate to bring all the haters a great product. I think they deserve some love for this.

The second complaint fails to consider that they are a business which has to pay its developers so they can bring you a good product. The way they have done this is with skins. You can choose to buy them or not, They don't make a jot of difference to the mechanics. Some people like them, if you don't, ignore them. Thankfully it is not pay to win. That would send me running.

So I think we should fcous less on our first world problems and apreciate how awesome we have it. Cyanide (and the internet) could do with some positivity.
Congratulations to Slitherine!

I love Slitherine - own & played so many games by them, and modded some - so I am incredibly positive on this.

Except that as a developer I had a fantasy sport game prototype and now I think BB is going to be huge again - BB3 had some positive deliveries, though I'll discuss one direction below - so I will keep a look at what BB has in store now.

About Cyanide: yes I really like Mordheim (though it's a game tough to navigate or packaged a bit wildly). they undertake things ambitiously and on the art part especially they are good and generous.

About the BB3 game, my main disappointment was AI, and I don't think there are excuses for this, especially on the third title in a franchise (or the fourth if you count Chaos League).

Just like I appreciated so many things in Mordheim, there are some I like in BB, even in BB3. Very good additions on Eternal League and an incredibly nice "sporty UI" in the game, with so much creativity and generosity into it. But AI was the main department that not only hindered my pleasure when playing, but made me stop, feeling many actions were inconsequential because it was so unrealistically bad.

It stuns me with its inability to even make a pass. It even goes worse episode after episode, apparently. "Dropping the ball on this", I mean abandoning all ambition on it, has been my main disappointment in Cyanide handling of the game.

As a developer, I would even have loved to work on this, so I don't know what happened internally that repeatedly made AI wrong. There are some things it manages to do, but so many it does not even bother doing. Many programs handle things far more complex in other studio games, such as 4X games or complex simulations, so for this reason I would like a change in what the studio targets, or if not possible at all, a change in studio maintaining the game.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50