HelixVision

HelixVision

Is there any way to get Reshade to work?
I'm trying to use Reshade with HelixVision but it doesn't seem to work. I can see the Rehade overlay in the game window on my monitor and it's applying the effects to that output, but the image in VR is unaffected. It looks like Katanga is hooking into the image before Rehade is being applied. I've also tried to apply Reshade directly to HelixVision by placing the dxgi.dll and the rest of the Reshade files in the Katanga folder, but that doesn't do anything either.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Mar 3, 2021 @ 5:45pm 
This can work, but the load order will be significant. If it's a 3Dmigoto game for example, the Reshade will need to load before the 3Dmigoto, otherwise the hooks are out of order. Generally speaking I think having reshade be dxgi.dll should work, but there is a lot of variance in games. You can connect using VisualStudio to see what the DLL load order winds up being.

It might be necessary to use the proxy load mechanism in 3Dmigoto to get the load order correct.

You might also take a look at an experimental Reshade prototype: https://github.com/BlueSkyDefender/Depth3D/issues/10

This is being set up with SuperDepth3D in mind, but it does both normal Reshade and also connects to VR and 3D Vision at the same time. You could for example skip the special loader version of 3Dmigoto, and use this to connect instead.
Thanks for the suggestions Bob.

I tried using the proxy loading in 3Dmigito but Reshade causes a crash. The last line of the log says Unable to resolve hook.

The Reshade prototype you linked behaves just like the regular one, it works on the window but not the HMD.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there's any way to get Reshade working in VR in general. it seems like it hooks into things fairly late in the chain and will only hook into the window and not the HMD.
Mar 4, 2021 @ 8:13pm 
I'm following the Reshade code now, and there is a recent pull request that adds OpenVR support: https://github.com/crosire/reshade/pull/202

Since you can code, you might want to try cloning the reshade repo, and make a custom build to experiment with this top of tree. It's not been released yet.


I think maybe the interaction of Reshade hooking and 3Dmigoto hooking are incompatible. This worked at one point, but I'm no longer sure.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50