HelixVision

HelixVision

Does installing this over 3DFM disable global driver hack?
For those DX11 games in Win 10? I have no option to toggle it on/off anymore since installing this software.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Jan 15, 2021 @ 1:53am 
To be honest, I'm not sure exactly what happens in this scenario, but you can run both 3DFM and HelixVision without conflict now. The global hack is disabled when 3DFM quits I think, but I'm not certain.

The global hack is not an option in HelixVision itself. As a Steam app, we cannot modify the user's video driver that way.

Is it your intent to run the global hack while using VR?
Originally posted by Bo3b:
To be honest, I'm not sure exactly what happens in this scenario, but you can run both 3DFM and HelixVision without conflict now. The global hack is disabled when 3DFM quits I think, but I'm not certain.

The global hack is not an option in HelixVision itself. As a Steam app, we cannot modify the user's video driver that way.

Is it your intent to run the global hack while using VR?


No, I was going to try 3DTV Play with 3DFM again after a reformat/reinstall and there's no option there now for the global driver hack in the nvidia driver tab like there used to be in Win 10 1909. Now using a fresh install of Win 10 1809, maybe I don't need the global driver hack for DX11 games on this version of windows?
Jan 15, 2021 @ 3:07am 
Originally posted by No Known Stereotype:
No, I was going to try 3DTV Play with 3DFM again after a reformat/reinstall and there's no option there now for the global driver hack in the nvidia driver tab like there used to be in Win 10 1909. Now using a fresh install of Win 10 1809, maybe I don't need the global driver hack for DX11 games on this version of windows?
In recent versions of 3DFM, the option has hidden by default because we worry about people being banned in games because of our hacking the video driver. You can make that switch show by ticking the option in ApplicationSettings. But as noted, this is not available at all in HelixVision.

That's correct. If you are going to run 1809, you won't need the global driver hack at all, because the DX11 crashing problem does not exist there.

You will still need to modify the 3D Vision driver version to match driver if you use anything over 425.31, but it otherwise should work fine. HelixVision will also run fine on 1809, and follow the same setup rules and not require the driver hack.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50