HelixVision

HelixVision

Katanga Fatal Error, SteamVR action manifest
When Attempting to play the Witcher 3 (first game attempted on helixVision after purchase) through the HelixVision launcher, Katanga launches and hangs until a NullReferenceException error window appears.

- I'm fairly certain I followed the instructions correctly.
- Using Index controllers, headset, & steam controller.
- Driver's are set up properly I believe.


Any help would be really appreciated!

--Here is the log--
Initialize engine version: 2017.4.26f1 (3b349d10f010) GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1 Direct3D: Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1] Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (ID=0x1b06) Vendor: NVIDIA VRAM: 11127 MB Driver: 27.21.14.5206 Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly - Completed reload, in 0.036 seconds <RI> Initializing input. <RI> Input initialized. <RI> Initialized touch support. OpenVR initialized! The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object '_Stats') is missing! (Filename: Line: 1758) UnloadTime: 0.970700 ms <b>[SteamVR]</b> Error loading action manifest into SteamVR: NoData (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51) <b>[SteamVR]</b> GetInputSourceHandle (/unrestricted) error: NoData (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51) <b>[SteamVR]</b> GetInputSourceHandle (/user/hand/left) error: NoData (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51) <b>[SteamVR]</b> System.ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.UInt64,Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input_Sources].Add (UInt64 key, SteamVR_Input_Sources value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input_Source.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input.Initialize (Boolean force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Valve.VR.SteamVR.CreateInstance () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51) <b>[SteamVR]</b> Error loading action manifest into SteamVR: NoData (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51) <b>[SteamVR]</b> GetInputSourceHandle (/unrestricted) error: NoData (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51) <b>[SteamVR]</b> GetInputSourceHandle (/user/hand/left) error: NoData (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51) <b>[SteamVR]</b> System.ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.UInt64,Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input_Sources].Add (UInt64 key, SteamVR_Input_Sources value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input_Source.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input.Initialize (Boolean force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Valve.VR.SteamVR.CreateInstance () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51) <b>[SteamVR]</b> Error loading action manifest into SteamVR: NoData (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51) <b>[SteamVR]</b> GetInputSourceHandle (/unrestricted) error: NoData (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51) <b>[SteamVR]</b> GetInputSourceHandle (/user/hand/left) error: NoData (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51) <b>[SteamVR]</b> System.ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.UInt64,Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input_Sources].Add (UInt64 key, SteamVR_Input_Sources value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input_Source.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input.Initialize (Boolean force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Valve.VR.SteamVR.CreateInstance () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51) Awake CreateSetupMutex RecenterHMD UpdateCurve state: 0.4 Set environment state: 2 Sharpening state: 1 sharpness: 1.5 Hint state: 1 Start: Command line arguments: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\HelixVision\Tools\Katanga\katanga.exe --game-path C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3\bin\x64\witcher3.exe --game-title The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt --steam-path C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam --steam-appid 292030 --launch-type Steam --game-path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3\bin\x64\witcher3.exe --game-title: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt --steam-path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam --steam-appid: 292030 --launch-type: Steam CurrentDirectory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\HelixVision\Tools\Katanga Successful hook library Init Launch type: Steam for Game: witcher3.exe WaitForGame...witcher3.exe Launch EndOfFrame -> Got shared handle: 40001702 ..eyes width: 3840 height: 1080 format: RGBA32
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Jan 15, 2021 @ 2:12am 
We've had other people run into this missing SteamVR bindings as well. It's not clear what makes this happen.

Try doing a clean uninstall of the SteamVR itself, and delete the folder if anything is left. This has helped people get past the binding error.


If that doesn't seem to fix it, it's possible to edit the steamapps.vrmanifest under Steam\config to direct the manifest to where it is normally specified.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1127310/discussions/0/2793873675754424007/#c2793873675759111656
Reinstalling did not solve, but modifying the vrmanifest did. However, I am experiencing the exact same problem. Every launch it erases the modification to the file. Setting as read only hacks it
Jan 15, 2021 @ 5:45pm 
Very strange, the mechanism that Steam uses to update this is not clear. We have so far been unable to pin down the scenario where this gets corrupted.

Might be worth making a backup of the file (for easy restore). Then try shutting down Steam and SteamVR altogether, then delete that file so that it has to recreate it from the server settings.

Your seeing the file get restored after editing suggests that Steam has somewhere cached the file in a broken state. It would also be worth trying the Clear Download Cache in Settings->Downloads. And maybe the Web Browser Cache under the Web Browser section, although this is not likely.
Jan 20, 2021 @ 5:29am 
If you guys happen to see this response- please let me know whether you ran the Demo before running HelixVision.

Another person ran into this missing manifest problem, and reports that they ran the demo first. It's possible that there is some contention between the two.
Originally posted by Bo3b:
If you guys happen to see this response- please let me know whether you ran the Demo before running HelixVision.

You mean exactly for this game and running the demo just before starting the game? Or do you ask if the Demo did run at all on that system (even days before).
Jan 21, 2021 @ 4:23am 
Originally posted by cer:
Originally posted by Bo3b:
If you guys happen to see this response- please let me know whether you ran the Demo before running HelixVision.

You mean exactly for this game and running the demo just before starting the game? Or do you ask if the Demo did run at all on that system (even days before).
If you ran the HelixVision Demo any time before buying the full version.

Our Demo is a complete build of Katanga, including the SteamVR controller support, and I think there is an off chance that if people run it, then switch to full HelixVision that it might generate this broken manifest problem.

Maybe a naming conflict. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem.
Originally posted by Bo3b:
Originally posted by cer:
If you ran the HelixVision Demo any time before buying the full version.
Yes, I did run the demo. Found it real cool and thus bought the full version.
So far I didn't encounter a "NullReferenceException error window" but I couldn't get any game to run so far (which is probably a VRidge issue). Next week I should receive a real HMD (Reverb G2) and thenn will see if I run into that issue.

If one experience the problem, should the demo be uninstalled, or wouldn't that help?
Jan 22, 2021 @ 7:29pm 
Originally posted by cer:
Yes, I did run the demo. Found it real cool and thus bought the full version.
So far I didn't encounter a "NullReferenceException error window" but I couldn't get any game to run so far (which is probably a VRidge issue). Next week I should receive a real HMD (Reverb G2) and thenn will see if I run into that issue.

If one experience the problem, should the demo be uninstalled, or wouldn't that help?
Good to know, thanks for the info. I don't know if uninstalling Demo would help or not, because I don't understand the problem yet. In any case, would not hurt, and you can always get the slide show functionality by double clicking the katanga.exe.

I'm not sure about the Null reference you are seeing, I'm fairly sure that must be related to the VRidge software, as you are the only person seeing it. The missing SteamVR actions is rare, but we have maybe 8 reports of that happening, so it's clearly something.
I do not(!) see the Null reference, that was the BurgerKing. So no connection to VRidge here.
See here for what fixed it for me, as well as an alternative (more laborious) method in an earlier post of mine in the same thread...

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1127310/discussions/0/2793873675754424007/#c3111392579697157427
Feb 26, 2021 @ 5:45pm 
Just noting that I've pushed out an update to the SteamVR Input mechanism that should fix this problem once and for all. However, there is a non-zero chance that it blows everyone out of the water instead.

This does not require an update of the app itself, 'just' settings on the Steam server.

Please let me know if you see any missing manifest files, or the controllers are not working.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50