Train Life - A Railway Simulator

Train Life - A Railway Simulator

View Stats:
I can't understand why they let this game die.
Even after four years, I still want to express my sadness. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that they simply buried the game. I'm going to go out on a limb here. It could have been the ETS 2 of train games.

In my opinion, no other train game has achieved what Train-Life did. That sense of an open world. There are countless train games on Steam, some of which even tried their hand at multiplayer. But if they had given this game a co-op mode for up to 4–6 players, and passengers, things would be different today. It’s not always just about the best graphics. Sometimes a modular approach is the better way. They could have added DLC areas, etc.

Instead, they just let it die. They released a taxi game in the hope that it would be better. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. In my opinion, that decision was wrong.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
The Team was moved to a different game, Taxi Life, by the Publisher nacon who by now has declared insolvency.

I agree that it is rather sad.
Agreed. This game combined things like ETS2 with Railroader and Transport Fever (the train portion), it really had a lot going for it. I too bought this game (dirt cheap) before realizing the company abandoned it. It is fun but there was so much more that needed fixing/updating

To be honest there are so many games listed on Steam that have been abandoned in the middle of the production. Steam should start cracking down on this. If devs abandon games leaving them unfinished (no I am not talking about those devs that slow roll updates/patches), they pay a hefty fine (in the thousands) to Valve and are forbidden for 5 years before they can put a new game on Steam. These games should be unlisted or pulled entirely off Steam. Once that 5 years is up then they'd have to be on 1 year of probation and provide an authentic road map of their new game.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50