RetroSpace

RetroSpace

View Stats:
changing the cleaner to water or what am I doing wrong
So I assuming I add the water to the sprayer. The bottom portion seems to gray out when I play around in my inventory but then nothing happens. Q - is how do I switch these different things into the spray bottle(s)? Or I am completely on the wrong track.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Originally posted by Stegve★2098★:
So I assuming I add the water to the sprayer. The bottom portion seems to gray out when I play around in my inventory but then nothing happens. Q - is how do I switch these different things into the spray bottle(s)? Or I am completely on the wrong track.

Wondering this too. Can't switch to oil or acid with the default spray bottle. Maybe it's for the flare gun which can do more once leveled up.

Can't drop the default wrench or spray bottle into storage at janitor haven to free up space - thought this was a bizarre design choice.
To switch "ammo" for the cleaner, or element for the flare gun, hold the reload button for a few moments. It'll cycle between Water, Oil, and Acid in that order for the cleaner, and for the flare gun, Fire, Acid, and Electric in that order. Funny little thing I ran across, not sure if it's a bug or intentional: switching types for the cleaner reloads as well, but switching element types for the flare gun does *not* reload it, despite the animation for the switching being the same as the reload animation, for both "weapons".
Originally posted by Bob Biscuit:
To switch "ammo" for the cleaner, or element for the flare gun, hold the reload button for a few moments. It'll cycle between Water, Oil, and Acid in that order for the cleaner, and for the flare gun, Fire, Acid, and Electric in that order. Funny little thing I ran across, not sure if it's a bug or intentional: switching types for the cleaner reloads as well, but switching element types for the flare gun does *not* reload it, despite the animation for the switching being the same as the reload animation, for both "weapons".

Thank You, yes R works to show a reload, it is not obvious what product I have added. When I hit the change button via the reload it shows a graphic changing the product, to which IDK? I currently have 3 jugs of universal cleaner spray bottles and going into inventory then back out out the leaving inventory screen shows "universal cleaner" with different volumes of cleaner but it could also be unknown givin nothing has changed product after switching through a bunch of attempts. I am using the "R" on my key board. If I use "1", it does switch between the flare gun and back to Universal cleaner. I cannot seem to bring ups a "change product screen" with either "R" or "1" by either long holds or short taps.
Originally posted by Stegve★2098★:
Originally posted by Bob Biscuit:
To switch "ammo" for the cleaner, or element for the flare gun, hold the reload button for a few moments. It'll cycle between Water, Oil, and Acid in that order for the cleaner, and for the flare gun, Fire, Acid, and Electric in that order. Funny little thing I ran across, not sure if it's a bug or intentional: switching types for the cleaner reloads as well, but switching element types for the flare gun does *not* reload it, despite the animation for the switching being the same as the reload animation, for both "weapons".

Thank You, yes R works to show a reload, it is not obvious what product I have added. When I hit the change button via the reload it shows a graphic changing the product, to which IDK? I currently have 3 jugs of universal cleaner spray bottles and going into inventory then back out out the leaving inventory screen shows "universal cleaner" with different volumes of cleaner but it could also be unknown givin nothing has changed product after switching through a bunch of attempts. I am using the "R" on my key board. If I use "1", it does switch between the flare gun and back to Universal cleaner. I cannot seem to bring ups a "change product screen" with either "R" or "1" by either long holds or short taps.

Unfortunately, the best way I know to keep track of what type is currently loaded in the cleaner is to check the model in your character's hand, specifically the color of the label -blue is water, red is oil, green is acid. That said, my personal preference is to scrap oil that I find, and use the 0/0 ammo indication as a marker for where I am in the ammo type cycle, since I only ever use the cleaner to prep an elec/acid trap or clean up so I don't hurt myself on a puddle of something (especially since even bloodstains can make the invis gadget zap you if walked on).

For the Flare Gun, it needs to be upgraded to at least level 2 to switch elements, and the little lights on the side of the gun change color to indicate the element type -red is fire, green is acid, blue is elec.


Thinking of... Devs, if you're reading this, think you can make it so the cleaner has clear wording/icons on the bottle in hand, and the flare gun updates its appearance at level 2 to have a little screen with an element symbol on it corresponding to the selected type? I know I personally have a hard time telling whether I've got water or acid equipped in low lighting, and color blindness is a thing some people have to deal with. I hesitate to suggest a UI change, mostly because I get what you were going for with this being an immersive sim, and moreso that the helmet is entirely optional (and thus another means is necessary to identify with).
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50