Far Cry® 3

Far Cry® 3

View Stats:
Achievement synchronization issue - my solution
I’m sure many of you have had the same problem as I did. At some point, achievements stopped loading on Steam. I decided to unlock all the achievements through Ubisoft Connect and worry later about how to unlock them on Steam.
It turned out that it wasn't that simple...

I tried everything: reinstalling both apps, disconnecting Steam from Ubisoft Connect and reconnecting, reinstalling the game, etc.

Here’s what worked for me:
1) Delete this folder:
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Ubisoft Game Launcher\spool
2) Deleting all game installers in Ubisoft Connect
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3728520777&fileuploadsuccess=1
3) Most important Uninstall the game and reinstall it on a different disk or partition.
Immediately after reinstalling the game, all achievements synced on Steam.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Finally someone who solved the mystery. I apreciate you if you don't mind i will spread the solution to others when i saw any topic about achievments.
Originally posted by Chester:
Finally someone who solved the mystery. I apreciate you if you don't mind i will spread the solution to others when i saw any topic about achievments.

Sure, go ahead - I wasted way too much time figuring this out, so it'd be great if it helps someone
I think it was just a coincidence, happens all the time - fixing this issue is up to Ubisoft
still not working
Originally posted by A D R I R:
still not working
Did you try reinstaling the game on other drive or partition?
Originally posted by A D R I R:
still not working

I am pretty sure if you follow the guide step by step everything should work as mention. Even if game didn't launch after closing should give you every achievement you get on Ubisoft Launcher.
Originally posted by Chester:
Originally posted by A D R I R:
still not working

I am pretty sure if you follow the guide step by step everything should work as mention. Even if game didn't launch after closing should give you every achievement you get on Ubisoft Launcher.

i swear to god i did everything here, everything but it's still not working
it just appeared now wtf! so its unlocked for me lol

Originally posted by Chester:
Originally posted by A D R I R:
still not working

I am pretty sure if you follow the guide step by step everything should work as mention. Even if game didn't launch after closing should give you every achievement you get on Ubisoft Launcher.
Originally posted by A D R I R:
it just appeared now wtf! so its unlocked for me lol

Originally posted by Chester:

I am pretty sure if you follow the guide step by step everything should work as mention. Even if game didn't launch after closing should give you every achievement you get on Ubisoft Launcher.

Great!
Yo thank you!! Worked for me. I couldnt delete anything at the ubisoft launcher but it still worked!
Having the same problem here. Started after i fixed my game crashing every 5 min ( running everything in compatibility mode for Win 8).
After that steam would no longer show that i am playing the game ( the play button was still green and saying "play"), gametime and achivements no longer updated.

But if i understand this right i can just continue, unlock everything on uplay, and then follow the steps above is that right?
That's right, you can play the game and your achievements will be synced to Ubisoft Connect. Once you've unlocked them all, follow my instructions and they'll appear on Steam.
Originally posted by paul_trunks:
That's right, you can play the game and your achievements will be synced to Ubisoft Connect. Once you've unlocked them all, follow my instructions and they'll appear on Steam.

Thanks boss, will do that then :)
Quick update: just finished everything and then followed the steps, worked perfectly, thank you sir!
Originally posted by shadow_hunter_x1:
Quick update: just finished everything and then followed the steps, worked perfectly, thank you sir!
It's good to hear that
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 1530 50