Far Cry® 3

Far Cry® 3

View Stats:
Crashing
Its Crazy to see that this game has almost become unplayable. it crashes shortly after the begining around the time you talk to the doctor. Looked up fixes. most say you have to go into files. ubisoft should 100% fix this game. seeing as they havent cooked in years. respectfully
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
crash after 5 minutes
ubi plz fix - i love fc3 - help fix crash - i love u dont make me hate u
Far Cry 3 still crashing
Well, after I fell into the waterfall, the cutscene began to play normally, then it crashed. I tried several things but none of them helped me.

Does anyone know maybe like, what am I supposed to do about this?
Suddenly crashing
Hey y'all, I recently did a playthrough of this game and had no problems... I was just running around cleaning up the map, but one day I came back to the game and tried to load in, and it crashes after a second of loading. Any suggestions?
Hey Neverstop1111

I’m sorry to hear Far Cry 3 crashes on your PC. I understand how frustrating it can feel when it takes extra effort just to have a stable experience.

With older titles like Far Cry 3, issues on modern hardware can sometimes be related to compatibility with newer CPUs, GPUs, and system drivers. This can lead to frequent crashes, particularly on higher-end or newer configurations like yours.

To eliminate these crashes and help improve the game’s overall stability, please begin by following our PC troubleshooting guide[www.ubisoft.com].

Next, disable[www.ubisoft.com] any unnecessary applications running in the background, especially third party overlays, communication apps, system tools, and monitoring software. This includes overlays from Ubisoft Connect, Steam, the Nvidia app, Discord, or RivaTuner. Background applications and overlays can use CPU, RAM, and VRAM resources, which may lead to conflicts or instability in the game.

If you use the Nvidia App to optimise the game, please revert it to default settings and try again. If you overclock or undervolt your GPU or CPU, please reset the voltage to default settings for a test.

If you are using a modern Intel CPU with a hybrid design that includes performance (P) cores, efficiency (E) cores, and hyperthreading, you may want to try switching off the efficiency cores and hyperthreading in your BIOS. Keeping only the performance cores active can help improve stability and performance in some situations.

If you would like further assistance, you can contact us through a support ticket[www.ubisoft.com], or reach out via our community channels on Ubisoft Discord[discord.com].
Il give it a try thanks👍
Originally posted by Neverstop1111:
Il give it a try thanks👍
is it working?
game crashing when loading a save file
Sorry to hear it, OGkush4202017.
If you can start a new game without any issues (after backing up your current progress), it indicates that your existing save file may be corrupted.

If the save file is stored locally, please create a backup copy first. Then, start a new game to confirm everything is working correctly, and afterward try loading your original save file again.

By default, the save file location should be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\<your-unique-user-id>\46\

Please keep in mind, we cannot repair a corrupted save file.
Crashing issues
So I've been playing this game for a bit now, and until the mission where I meet Citra, it's been running okay(ish) with an occasional crash. But now it's gotten to the point where I cannot play the game, it crashes 5 minutes into booting it up, almost every time. I have no clue what the issue is, I don't have anything running in the background except for Discord and Medal. How do I solve this? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and turning down my video settings (even though it's on the recommended setting)
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50