ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
Mission 30 softlock (SPOILER)
after taking out the weapons on the sub a few times it tells you to stop it before it rams the Endurance, but the sub cant be killed and softlocks after ramming the endurance.

No other bugs for the entire game until now

(Cant see anyone else having / running into this problem on here)
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Yeah I ran into the same issue, thats crazy
This is not a bug. It's more of a DPS test. Hope you packed multi-lock AGMs.
Not a softlock, a little unbalanced maybe for sure, but you need a *lot* of hits to stop it.
Yeah that fixed it, thanks
I failed it a few times but I was able to do it with only standard missiles. I figured it was going to end up in some kind of air to air fight or me shooting down cruise missiles, so I only brought special Air to Air weapons lol. I had standard missile power + and standard missile reload + as the only relevant upgrades. Basically, I just got behind it, just above the water and had to juggle throttle, lock on and spamming fire lol It was even more annoying since I was using the F-22A. That plane just wanted to zip past that stupid submarine. If I was going to play that mission again, I'd take the F-35 and probably the x8 AGMS with upgrades to reduce special Air to Ground reload times.
use your planes MG, actually did quite well against it, also having your squad use SP weapons helps
Use the F22 with XSDB
Originally posted by ♕♔ Limbo ♚♛:
This is not a bug. It's more of a DPS test. Hope you packed multi-lock AGMs.

It can be both. I found the post because I got softlocked at this point. There wasn't any dialogue and the sub couldn't be targeted. I didn't even know the sub was heading for the Endurance until after it hit and there was one line of dialogue and then nothing. Not even a mission fail. Redid the mission and didn't get the softlock bug and yeah, definitely a DPS check if it's not glitched.
I just got the glitch as well, it cannot be locked on to and there is no fail state after it crashes. This is a bug.
Yea, I got in close behind it and just sprayed it with MG fire while unloading all the missiles I had into it.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50