ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
I was randomly banned for no reason at all.
ERROR CODE: WP-202002004 "Restrictions on this account prohibit you from using online services"

I had not done anything other than play the game. I have streamed it but only multiplayer so there is zero chance this is for spoilers. I was actually enjoying this game. Please advise.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
this has happened to alot of people. You are not the first thread to get this issue. I think its one of two problems.

problem a: their servers for MP were not prepared for early access and this code is default when the servers blow a fuse

problem b: their security program is set far too high and is being triggered
Maybe they detected mods or tampered files and they banned you. Do not download mods from Nexus or you will be banned people. This thread is the proof.
Originally posted by NobleFeret:
Maybe they detected mods or tampered files and they banned you. Do not download mods from Nexus or you will be banned people. This thread is the proof.
I doubt theres any mods on nexus yet (I have not checked though) and theres more then just this thread reporting the issue...its too widespread
same here.Even not enter the MP game:csgoskull:
Originally posted by mhemh:
same here.Even not enter the MP game:csgoskull:
another 'I got banned' thread poster reported that playing on off hours worked...it sounds more like server overload then a actual ban...if it is a ban, the server overload might have made their server security think its under DDOS attack
I'm getting the same WP-202002004 error. I haven't even entered Online Mode yet, and at this point all I want to do is enable the Pixy Morgan for single player.
Originally posted by Meliha:
ERROR CODE: WP-202002004 "Restrictions on this account prohibit you from using online services"

I had not done anything other than play the game. I have streamed it but only multiplayer so there is zero chance this is for spoilers. I was actually enjoying this game. Please advise.
As I mentioned in my other post the other day: EAC somehow is really sensitive. It gets triggered by almost everything on the system.
EAC won't let you launch the game if it detects a flagged application, I believe so.
Originally posted by zMyriad:
EAC won't let you launch the game if it detects a flagged application, I believe so.

Not only at launch, but during gameplay session as well, as standard of EAC,
I have a background SQL Server worker service, not run by default, at interval of 1 hour, task scheduler will trigger the service to run once to crawl data from website then close the service, re-schedule for the next hour.

Most of my game crashes(without out of memory error) have exact timing with the background service gets running. Only two times EAC can show warning toast notification and give EAC error detecting abnormal activity(no logs found on the system). And that is during single-player. I haven't tried Online.

Since EAC is kernel-level and ran as Admin, it will detect any background service/application that has admin access to memory/cpu threads. Maybe Bandai didn't specific which types is really positive, EAC then just gets triggered by all kinds of processes.
Okay, so I figured out why I couldn't access online mode: I forgot that I had blocked a bunch of Epic Games related domains in my hosts file ages ago. I removed those blocks, and now I can get into ACO without issue.
do you able to enter now ? i just got the same error lol
Originally posted by NobleFeret:
Maybe they detected mods or tampered files and they banned you. Do not download mods from Nexus or you will be banned people. This thread is the proof.
OP said there have been no modifications to his game. I have 5 mods activated and multiplayer works fine. These mods are of no advantage to me though. I use fps boost for low spec PC, custom missile contrails, custom aircraft skins, DLSS FG and FOV extender
Ha maybe I might pick up this game if they keep banning cheaters.
No cheaters is going admit they cheated and they will use other excuses to fool people.
If you got banned it was for cheating.

If the dev and the publisher keep this up I might pick it up soon.
The last AC had tons of cheaters in MP. They got pissed when I would rail gun them which is a one shot kill.

I hope you all stay banned and they keep banning the cheaters.
Good. You got banned for using trainers. Hope bans are never lifted.
Originally posted by Maghnus Opus:
Ha maybe I might pick up this game if they keep banning cheaters.
No cheaters is going admit they cheated and they will use other excuses to fool people.
If you got banned it was for cheating.

If the dev and the publisher keep this up I might pick it up soon.
The last AC had tons of cheaters in MP. They got pissed when I would rail gun them which is a one shot kill.

I hope you all stay banned and they keep banning the cheaters.


I got banned today at 1;18am and i never even launched the multiplayer mode at all yet since its release and i played a day early so, your comment makes no sense at all...I've been exclusively doing the campaign for the achievements and the Only reason i even discovered I was banned was because when i went to select campaign mode, i noticed the Online mode and the online store was grayed out
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Per page: 1530 50