ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
Compiling Shaders every time the game launches...?
Is this intended or what? The game is great but I'm having to wait 10+ minutes a time each time I run the game for it to compile the shaders.
I've had it on other games, but it only ever did it on a first launch...not every single time.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
It only happened when I changed resolution, which should be once?
It takes a long time the first time it launches, after that it takes...five seconds for me

What kind of CPU do you have?
Are you running off a hard drive? I had it stored there for a bit just cause I had more room and im working though the series right now and only on AC4, so was gonna play AC0 first.

But did boot up 8 to check it out and its basicly unusable on a hard drive.
me to...every time :steammocking:
Unreal Engine thing. Familiar to me from STALKER 2.

Find the game's engine.ini and add
[SystemSettings]
r.PSOWarmup.WarmupMaterials=0

That skips the compliition, BUT let it run to completion once. And again, after a driver update, hardware change or a patch, to be safe.
Keeps happening to me after crashing
Originally posted by ToJKa:
Unreal Engine thing. Familiar to me from STALKER 2.

Find the game's engine.ini and add
[SystemSettings]
r.PSOWarmup.WarmupMaterials=0

That skips the compliition, BUT let it run to completion once. And again, after a driver update, hardware change or a patch, to be safe.

Which specific folder is it in the directory? I cant find that specific .ini
Originally posted by Riptos:
Originally posted by ToJKa:
Unreal Engine thing. Familiar to me from STALKER 2.

Find the game's engine.ini and add


That skips the compliition, BUT let it run to completion once. And again, after a driver update, hardware change or a patch, to be safe.

Which specific folder is it in the directory? I cant find that specific .ini

Don't know, i don't have the game yet. But it's usually somewhere below C:\Users\<username>}AppData\ folder. Try searching BandaiNamco or something from there.
Originally posted by ToJKa:
Unreal Engine thing. Familiar to me from STALKER 2.

Find the game's engine.ini and add
[SystemSettings]
r.PSOWarmup.WarmupMaterials=0

That skips the compliition, BUT let it run to completion once. And again, after a driver update, hardware change or a patch, to be safe.
i added it as the first line of the init. zero changes. stills dowload all the times
I'm having this happen too, and yeah, I remember this happening with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 as well. For reference, my GPU is an AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT and I've got the latest drivers.
Me pasa exactamente lo mismo, cada vez que inicio el juego siempre tengo que esperar más de 10 minutos que compilen los shaders, luego esperar otros 5 minutos más para que cargue la pantalla de Bandai namco y luego otros 3 minutos para que me cargue el menú... ¿Hay alguna solución?
for nvidia, go to "Manage 3D settings" in the nvidia control panel and change the shader cache size to like 10gb or unlimited. for AMD, I have no idea
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50