ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
Fix for Cutscenes and Briefings Being Skipped in Ace Combat Zero
The PC version of Ace Combat Zero appears to use VP9 video for its cutscenes and briefings. If they skip immediately, your PC may be missing VP9 support.
Install Microsoft’s free VP9 Video Extensions, then restart the game. This fixed the issue for me.

https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9n4d0msmp0pt?hl=ko-KR&gl=KR
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
It worked, thank you so much. Could not install by MS Store, but the 1.2.20 VP9 appxbundle file installation worked through PowerShell, by "add-appxpackage c:\path-to-file\file.appxbundle".
does this fix no interview ace cutscene?
Bit of a silly oversight to not include *all* the required pre-requisites to play the game...
There is probably a reason that I don't understand, but this is one of those goofy things where my first thought is "well why the hell isn't that just part of windows to begin with?"
Nice work figuring that out!
I can't even open it

I don't know why.....
Originally posted by ysc0094:
The PC version of Ace Combat Zero appears to use VP9 video for its cutscenes and briefings. If they skip immediately, your PC may be missing VP9 support.
Install Microsoft’s free VP9 Video Extensions, then restart the game. This fixed the issue for me.

{LINK REMOVED}

btw I can't install it for some reason
If you can't install it try launching powershell in admin mode and type "winget install vp9"
Already have it installed but sadly beyond main menu after blank screen it doesn't start. c:
Finally worked. Was 7 missions into the game and was like "Am I not supposed to see Pixie talking at same point ??"
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50