ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
Things I didnt like.
I have played loved and finished every ace combat game even when it was air combat on the PS1. For me the story and lore felt flat the shadows felt like a cheap poor The "Ghosts of Razgriz" Shadow 22 I didnt care about him there was little to no back story like The Su-37 Terminator is famously flown by Yellow 13 and the elite Yellow Squadron in Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies. I feel missions 28 29 and 30 were the wrong way around mission 28 was epic as hell and 29 and 30 I was sat there thinking is that it? where is the thrill ending? if it made mission 30 then 29 then 28 at least it would have ended in an epic battle.. I am yet to play online but thats my story feeback.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
I just found out Aces dont spawn in until you finish the game on Veteran level.
I've only played 1,2,3,4,5,0,7 and 8 but I don't remember them allowing you to swap planes mid mission. Not sure why you're dinging the game for this.

Can't speak to the story yet as I'm less than halfway through it.
My only issue is the "carrier plane" mechanic, why can't I just fly the plane I saved up over many missions to buy and want to fly every mission? Was completely possible in 7. I need to fly the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ planes that have the little naval anchor icon, I only want to fly a Raptor ffs you could not pay me to care about the other planes
Originally posted by Evil Wolf:
Originally posted by Jonathan J. O'Neill:
I've only played 1,2,3,4,5,0,7 and 8 but I don't remember them allowing you to swap planes mid mission. Not sure why you're dinging the game for this.

Can't speak to the story yet as I'm less than halfway through it.

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation:. Ace Combat 6 replaced the traditional border Return Line with frontline allied airfields that you could capture dynamically mid-battle. If you landed your jet at a captured airfield, you entered a resupply menu where you could completely swap to a different aircraft from your hangar, switch your special weapons, and even change your wingman's plane.
That's not true, you can't swap planes in AC6 this way, only weapons.
Originally posted by Cynobele:
My only issue is the "carrier plane" mechanic, why can't I just fly the plane I saved up over many missions to buy and want to fly every mission? Was completely possible in 7. I need to fly the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ planes that have the little naval anchor icon, I only want to fly a Raptor ffs you could not pay me to care about the other planes
You can after finishing campaign once, or in free mission.
Originally posted by Bercut -=EG=-:
Originally posted by Cynobele:
My only issue is the "carrier plane" mechanic, why can't I just fly the plane I saved up over many missions to buy and want to fly every mission? Was completely possible in 7. I need to fly the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ planes that have the little naval anchor icon, I only want to fly a Raptor ffs you could not pay me to care about the other planes
You can after finishing campaign once, or in free mission.

Great news, thanks bro
Originally posted by Bercut -=EG=-:
Originally posted by Evil Wolf:

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation:. Ace Combat 6 replaced the traditional border Return Line with frontline allied airfields that you could capture dynamically mid-battle. If you landed your jet at a captured airfield, you entered a resupply menu where you could completely swap to a different aircraft from your hangar, switch your special weapons, and even change your wingman's plane.
That's not true, you can't swap planes in AC6 this way, only weapons.
you are right I was thinking of another game my autism playing me up.
Originally posted by Evil Wolf:
Originally posted by Bercut -=EG=-:
That's not true, you can't swap planes in AC6 this way, only weapons.
you are right I was thinking of another game my autism playing me up.
Would be a cool feature for a future game. Play up the drone angle again. Player is an operator on the AWACS controlling a 3 semi-AI controlled planes, and you can actively swap between them for a better plane as the situation changes, or even if one gets shot down.

Oo, then we can have a dramatic story beat where he needs to fly a plane by himself, directly, in the cockpit, and it's played entirely in the cockpit with no hud, only vision and instruments. Fish-out-of-water arc.
I would say that not everything needs to end on the biggest note. I'm still thinking on it, but it might dethrone AC0 as my favorite Ace Combat game.

The Sotoans and the Lux Lunae are an absolute vibe and their chant (alongside Hortus Regis Alti) has been stuck in my head since I finished the first playthrough. Couldn't have asked for a better enemy I think.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50