ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
Performance is atroucious
Can barely get 60fps on my 5090 laptop with 24Go of VRAM. Like wtf have to medium the settings on a current gen hardware ? Also have the impression DLSS barely makes any difference.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
I'm running the game at 1440p medium with an RTX 2080 Super and am generally getting 60fps or near 60 in-game. Never going below 40 fps. I use DLSS Quality and obviously no frame-gen as the 2xxx series doesn't support it.

Something is very wrong with your system I'm afraid.
Originally posted by TotesAdorbs:
I'm running the game at 1440p medium with an RTX 2080 Super and am generally getting 60fps or near 60 in-game. Never going below 40 fps. I use DLSS Quality and obviously no frame-gen as the 2xxx series doesn't support it.

Something is very wrong with your system I'm afraid.

I do get 60 fps+ on medium in 1440p. The problem is it barely maintains them whenever there is a cloud/explosion/close ground attack. It's a rollercoaster really and makes is so unconfortable to play
Something must be wrong with your rig.
Originally posted by Yaboul:
Laptop

There's your problem right there. It's kinda hard for a 5090 (or a gaming-grade CPU) to not throttle itself when it's crammed in a tiny form factor with a crappy cooling solution.

Get a desktop PC.
Originally posted by Yaboul:
Originally posted by TotesAdorbs:
I'm running the game at 1440p medium with an RTX 2080 Super and am generally getting 60fps or near 60 in-game. Never going below 40 fps. I use DLSS Quality and obviously no frame-gen as the 2xxx series doesn't support it.

Something is very wrong with your system I'm afraid.

I do get 60 fps+ on medium in 1440p. The problem is it barely maintains them whenever there is a cloud/explosion/close ground attack. It's a rollercoaster really and makes is so unconfortable to play

Increase your Nvidia driver's shader cache size. The game wants to write more shaders to disk than the driver will allow. So when explosions and things happen, it has to compile them all over again because it wasn't allowed to save them when you boot up the game and it does it's long setup process. I wrote a full post with my experiences regarding this if you're interested. Give it a shot, hope it helps!
Granted I am on a desktop but my 4070 TI Super is having no issues holding over 100 fps on max.
Originally posted by whowantcone:
Granted I am on a desktop but my 4070 TI Super is having no issues holding over 100 fps on max.

Yeah, that sounds like exactly what I would expect given my experience with a 2080 Super. What (if any) upscaling options are you using and what resolution are you playing at out of curiosity?
Yall PC "gamers" dont know how to optimize your stuff and its sad.
Originally posted by Recoil_Zen:
Yall PC "gamers" dont know how to optimize your stuff and its sad.
most just bought a prebuild and have no idea how a pc works
Originally posted by grgspunk:
Originally posted by Yaboul:
Laptop

There's your problem right there. It's kinda hard for a 5090 (or a gaming-grade CPU) to not throttle itself when it's crammed in a tiny form factor with a crappy cooling solution.

Get a desktop PC.

This RIG probably anhilates your potato destkop PC :)
Originally posted by grgspunk:
Originally posted by Yaboul:
Laptop

There's your problem right there. It's kinda hard for a 5090 (or a gaming-grade CPU) to not throttle itself when it's crammed in a tiny form factor with a crappy cooling solution.

Get a desktop PC.

Im on a 4080 laptop with an i9 processor and im not having any issues whatsoever at 1440p other than a crash to desktop every 5 hours or so. Something is wrong with your system, Try the Nvidia drivers. I had to roll mine back to a 2024 one because its the only driver some of my games still work on so maybe the new drivers are messing with you like mine was
Originally posted by Fluffy:
most just bought a prebuild and have no idea how a pc works
I'll raise my hand and say, "Guilty as charged". I PC game, I don't make it my life's work. I don't know the intricacies of how it all works.

With that said, I played AC7 at max settings on a GTX 1080 rig. I'm now on a 3050 rig and have to turn everything down to medium to get a framerate that's playable for this game. And even then it's sutters at spots and not at all what I would call "smooth" even under the best circumstances. Honestly the graphics (great as they are) do not look any different than AC7 when at max settings, so I don't have any earthly idea why there's a huge performance drop for this game.
rtx 5070TI ryzen 9 7950X3D 34 inch monitor 4K native running at unlimted FPS easy pulling 200+ learn to know how to use settings and disable windows background slop etc that helps a lot.
Originally posted by Yaboul:
Can barely get 60fps on my 5090 laptop with 24Go of VRAM. Like wtf have to medium the settings on a current gen hardware ? Also have the impression DLSS barely makes any difference.

Does this happen from the start or after some time of gaming? If latter, then try to restart the game. From my understanding the game has some memory leak problem at the moment and starts to lag and drop frames after prolonged work.

At least that's what helped me to "fix" frame drops for the most part.
It runs badly for me on an RTX 5060 Ti 16GB. With DLSS performance mode and low-medium settings I just about get 60 FPS when stuff isn't exploding and the screen isn't filled with clouds. I might have to put all low or even use ultra performance DLSS.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
Per page: 1530 50