ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
Multiplayer is a joke
it is genuinely terrible. WTF is this, if you can even stay connected the matches are just Morgan's taking the fattest of dooks on everyone.

matches are so skewed it's insane, I have 12k pts another guy has 14k pts our other 2 players are like 600-1000 pts, enemy team 70k pts...

Right. FUN

Not to mention the ridiculously confusing "lobby" system they stole from Street Fighter for some reason? Like, WHY, just give me a menu pick mode, jet, weapons and go.

What a waste of time. Glad I tried it now, won't be going back to it again. WTF PA, what were you smoking?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
I wish I could see anyone scoring anything. I keep getting ST-3100002 errors because someone decides to dip the game.

Like c'mon, I just want to play! I know I'm bringing a Phantom, but I can't exactly import my Raptor from the campaign, can I?
Originally posted by ZenGuy:
I wish I could see anyone scoring anything. I keep getting ST-3100002 errors because someone decides to dip the game.

Like c'mon, I just want to play! I know I'm bringing a Phantom, but I can't exactly import my Raptor from the campaign, can I?
FWIW I got dropped from my first 2 games I can only assume because I am using the F4E and not a Morgan or whatever. out of 6 games queued for I played 2.

That's abyssmal.
You just sound ass.

Literally get gud etc

The Morgan is good. That's it. It's not a cheat code.
it's just an 'experience' for anyone i mean you can play how you want, there's no real reason to have a competitive attitude and this also applies to life in general, if i wanted points i'd just use LAAM all day but that's kinda lame
When I heard Co-op and crossplay I thought I could play with just a friend and take on a whole map together, not whatever this is. Hopefully they will expand this later if they are serious about AC Online being a thing.
And this is why you don't pre-order or buy day 1 these days.
Its Ace Combat Infinity without fuel. Just as it was to be expected.
complaining about Morgan being OP is just telling on yourself

you also haven't a clue on how scoring works

i have to conclude this is a skill issue
Originally posted by BeachGaara:
You just sound ass.

Literally get gud etc

The Morgan is good. That's it. It's not a cheat code.

Get gud is when everyone has access to relatively the same toolsets and stat points but some folks are failing to utilize them properly.

A premium battlepass that gives an OP plane that has specs leagues better than any 'free' player? That's P2W.

If a limitation for example is your ability to get to an objective quickly via a straight line.... There's no getting 'gud' to offset a disparity in acceleration and top speed.
wdym? i see most of the time Mirages as MVP's
Originally posted by Ryo Takagero:
wdym? i see most of the time Mirages as MVP's
That's because most people can't figure out that ground targets are a thing.
Originally posted by ROFLES:
complaining about Morgan being OP is just telling on yourself

you also haven't a clue on how scoring works

i have to conclude this is a skill issue
Nobody cares about the opinion of a banned hacker lmao
I'mma be real, I tried the Morgan and it was ass imo. It was OK as ground pounder but what's the point when you can get way better planes.

Now for the balance thing, if you said LAAMs are broken I'd absolutely agree. LAAM planes are very dumb. I'm playing online with the Foxhound and it's the easiest MVP you'll ever gonna get because you usually get your missile on target way before everyone else.
Originally posted by Hawk:
And this is why you don't pre-order or buy day 1 these days.

don't get me wrong I love the game, for single player. I am totally fine with my pre-order and buying it, I knew i would enjoy the single player but after taking a chance on the MP because why not, it's sitting RIGHT THERE... Woof, this is a SP game to me, MP doesn't exist.
Morgan is strong but I'm gonna be honest... I'd rather fly my F-14D spamming LAAMs. Morgan is good enough that you can't just outright fail, bottom tier performance with it. But I feel I'd do better in my Tomcat.

Compared to the F-4E you start online with, it's going to feel vastly superior.

Morgan has this really powerful AOE munition. It's very effective against ground targets, most particularly tough ones with a lot of hardpoints in a small area. You can use it against aircraft but my success rate against aircraft was low.

But the biggest weakness of Morgan's AOE special weapon is that it has a long reload. In regular Co-Op it won't keep up with the regular aircraft users with their "normal" special weapons.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Per page: 1530 50