ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
Hacks Trainers in game
I’ve been playing for a week since launch and hadn't run into any hackers, but now—as of today—I log in and the PvP lobbies are swarming with hackers teaming up. What happened? I’m even getting an alarm—though not the proximity warning—and my plane explodes without any missile-approach alert; there are planes with infinite countermeasures that you can't shoot down even with three missiles. It’s only the first week and it’s already full of cheaters. This isn't going to end well.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
Weird question. Does this game have region restrictions? Other games without them usually have cheating issues, from certain regions in particular.
With SAAMs, you can fire first and lock on later, allowing for kills with virtually no warning. Keep an eye on the map for any incoming missiles heading your way. You have four uses of the decoy; it’s perfectly normal not to score a hit after three attempts, isn't it?
or getting lasered, or poor connection, or any other number of things before going to "everyone is cheating all of a sudden"
The above statements are the most likely answers, though it's also worth noting that I've heard it took less than two days for people to bypass the anticheat that's also likely responsible for a solid half of the player base not being able to get into online missions. This isn't unique to Ace Combat 8, trying to stop cheaters is playing Little Dutch Boy and the only way to really prevent it is to leave no strong incentive to do it. That's why PvP has been slowly dyeing off in online gaming, and why making the two man modes in the game some sort of PvP was ill considered and needs to be fixed... Right after they fix their servers and rip out the anitcheat so people can actually play.
A common mistake is your network, if you have two bars on the connection (click start in game) and the others have 4 or 5 bars connection.
There is a small delay between what you see and what they already did.

Happens for me sadly, with aiming at targets and seeing them getting destroyed by a another that first shot after it went Down.

So I am buying a new router to fit my connection better.

So not hackers. Just a bad connection most likely
Yes, this has been going on since about the second day of early access.

People are rapidly firing missiles like it's a machine gun with unlimited missiles (like 135+ aren't enough already), using fighters to destroy entire groups of ground targets (way too many F4E carpet bombing entire swaths of enemies with one missile or rapid firing missiles), people doing instant 180's without High G (literally just suddenly flying the direction), and as soon as the match begins the entire enemy team in PvPvE just...dies from getting shot down one after another three seconds into the match.

Yeah, it's "totally normal" for people in a starter plan to score 300K+ points every time they're in Co-Cop Warfare, sure it is. Sure, they're "just good at the game".

The third day of online I saw people with fully maxed out Morgans and even saw a few Raptors already. BS. I get some people are terminally online, unemployed, and crazy obsessed, but it was metathetically impossible to achieve this.

I'm seeing a lot of "I was banned for no reason" posts lately, and that's a CLEAR SIGN of cheats getting more common.
Originally posted by Sunrie:
Yes, this has been going on since about the second day of early access.

People are rapidly firing missiles like it's a machine gun with unlimited missiles (like 135+ aren't enough already), using fighters to destroy entire groups of ground targets (way too many F4E carpet bombing entire swaths of enemies with one missile or rapid firing missiles), people doing instant 180's without High G (literally just suddenly flying the direction), and as soon as the match begins the entire enemy team in PvPvE just...dies from getting shot down one after another three seconds into the match.

Yeah, it's "totally normal" for people in a starter plan to score 300K+ points every time they're in Co-Cop Warfare, sure it is. Sure, they're "just good at the game".

The third day of online I saw people with fully maxed out Morgans and even saw a few Raptors already. BS. I get some people are terminally online, unemployed, and crazy obsessed, but it was metathetically impossible to achieve this.

I'm seeing a lot of "I was banned for no reason" posts lately, and that's a CLEAR SIGN of cheats getting more common.
People out to prove that adding EAC to the game was pointless, perhaps?
Hey, atleast they banned anyone on linux from playing. For no reason.
Originally posted by Elfandspartan:
The above statements are the most likely answers, though it's also worth noting that I've heard it took less than two days for people to bypass the anticheat that's also likely responsible for a solid half of the player base not being able to get into online missions. This isn't unique to Ace Combat 8, trying to stop cheaters is playing Little Dutch Boy and the only way to really prevent it is to leave no strong incentive to do it. That's why PvP has been slowly dyeing off in online gaming, and why making the two man modes in the game some sort of PvP was ill considered and needs to be fixed... Right after they fix their servers and rip out the anitcheat so people can actually play.
I don't know about you, but you only have to search online for "Ace Combat 8 ​​hacks" or "cheats" to see hundreds of sites offering both paid and free tricks. I think the anti-cheat system is a failure. I know there are skilled players out there, but I can also spot a hacker—I'm 46 years old, I've been gaming for about 32 years, and I've played Ace Combat since the very beginning over 25 years ago. Hackers are going to ruin the game, and if people don't complain, the developers won't implement shadow bans.
yeah, LAAM acting like QAAM wtf
Originally posted by Rika_H:
yeah, LAAM acting like QAAM wtf
I don't understand you
Originally posted by SrRata:
I’ve been playing for a week since launch and hadn't run into any hackers, but now—as of today—I log in and the PvP lobbies are swarming with hackers teaming up. What happened? I’m even getting an alarm—though not the proximity warning—and my plane explodes without any missile-approach alert; there are planes with infinite countermeasures that you can't shoot down even with three missiles. It’s only the first week and it’s already full of cheaters. This isn't going to end well.

i know for a fact that at least until yesterday around 4pm PST there were no hacks/trainers in use. i helped work on the most recent trainers and they do not function in MP at all. the game will immediately see the trainer and boot you. as of now the 2 trainers that are functional only work in the campaign mode and require a reset after each mission to avoid the anticheat seeing it. if you use them in online MP you will be booted damn near instantly and after a few times the anticheat will temp ban you and then hard ban you for the use.

we tested and got 3 different accounts on 3 different machines fully banned on steam due to use online and that was the point! we wanted the online side of the anticheat to spot it as early as possible so it wouldn't affect the MP games. but that led to the campaign side of the anticheat being able to see it as well unless it auto stops at the end of each mission.

so while it is possible someone else found a way around its very likely just a networking/skill issue and the coding and networking for online is janky as hell....so more likely its that vs skill issues.
hope this helps.
Originally posted by SrRata:
Originally posted by Elfandspartan:
The above statements are the most likely answers, though it's also worth noting that I've heard it took less than two days for people to bypass the anticheat that's also likely responsible for a solid half of the player base not being able to get into online missions. This isn't unique to Ace Combat 8, trying to stop cheaters is playing Little Dutch Boy and the only way to really prevent it is to leave no strong incentive to do it. That's why PvP has been slowly dyeing off in online gaming, and why making the two man modes in the game some sort of PvP was ill considered and needs to be fixed... Right after they fix their servers and rip out the anitcheat so people can actually play.
I don't know about you, but you only have to search online for "Ace Combat 8 ​​hacks" or "cheats" to see hundreds of sites offering both paid and free tricks. I think the anti-cheat system is a failure. I know there are skilled players out there, but I can also spot a hacker—I'm 46 years old, I've been gaming for about 32 years, and I've played Ace Combat since the very beginning over 25 years ago. Hackers are going to ruin the game, and if people don't complain, the developers won't implement shadow bans.

I've also been having for 30+ years and every multiplayer game ever has noob who cried wolf.

if OP is making accusations it's his burden to bring proof
Originally posted by SrRata:
Originally posted by Elfandspartan:
The above statements are the most likely answers, though it's also worth noting that I've heard it took less than two days for people to bypass the anticheat that's also likely responsible for a solid half of the player base not being able to get into online missions. This isn't unique to Ace Combat 8, trying to stop cheaters is playing Little Dutch Boy and the only way to really prevent it is to leave no strong incentive to do it. That's why PvP has been slowly dyeing off in online gaming, and why making the two man modes in the game some sort of PvP was ill considered and needs to be fixed... Right after they fix their servers and rip out the anitcheat so people can actually play.
I don't know about you, but you only have to search online for "Ace Combat 8 ​​hacks" or "cheats" to see hundreds of sites offering both paid and free tricks. I think the anti-cheat system is a failure. I know there are skilled players out there, but I can also spot a hacker—I'm 46 years old, I've been gaming for about 32 years, and I've played Ace Combat since the very beginning over 25 years ago. Hackers are going to ruin the game, and if people don't complain, the developers won't implement shadow bans.
Yeah, I'm largely agreeing. Sure there are some insanely skilled players who sometimes look like their cheating but have really just been no-lifing these games since the 90s... But I've heard enough to know that the anticheat didn't even make it two days before it was rendered completely useless. Meanwhile it's an contributing factor to people not even being able to get matches. It needs to be stripped out of the game, and the game needs to be restructured to disincentivize that sort of behavior. Moderation's important, but if you in incentivize people to cheat with by making most of your modes competitive, no moderation team will be able to keep up. It'd be like if every single driver in the USA all decided to speed. The cops wouldn't be able to stop them. There aint enough cops.

I'm a long time Warframe player. Wanna know why that game dosen't have a cheating problem? Because there's so little incentive to cheat that the handful of people who still do are easy to pick out and ban.
Originally posted by Elfandspartan:
Originally posted by SrRata:
I don't know about you, but you only have to search online for "Ace Combat 8 ​​hacks" or "cheats" to see hundreds of sites offering both paid and free tricks. I think the anti-cheat system is a failure. I know there are skilled players out there, but I can also spot a hacker—I'm 46 years old, I've been gaming for about 32 years, and I've played Ace Combat since the very beginning over 25 years ago. Hackers are going to ruin the game, and if people don't complain, the developers won't implement shadow bans.
Yeah, I'm largely agreeing. Sure there are some insanely skilled players who sometimes look like their cheating but have really just been no-lifing these games since the 90s... But I've heard enough to know that the anticheat didn't even make it two days before it was rendered completely useless. Meanwhile it's an contributing factor to people not even being able to get matches. It needs to be stripped out of the game, and the game needs to be restructured to disincentivize that sort of behavior. Moderation's important, but if you in incentivize people to cheat with by making most of your modes competitive, no moderation team will be able to keep up. It'd be like if every single driver in the USA all decided to speed. The cops wouldn't be able to stop them. There aint enough cops.

I'm a long time Warframe player. Wanna know why that game dosen't have a cheating problem? Because there's so little incentive to cheat that the handful of people who still do are easy to pick out and ban.
I’ve also been playing Warframe since it started in 2014. The reason Warframe—and other games like it—don't have hacks is that they lack a competitive system or PvP. Human malice is rooted in pure selfishness—a desire to destroy others—and using cheats just makes it easier for them.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
Per page: 1530 50