ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
Strange monitor behavior while playing Ace Combat 8
Hi! Something strange has been happening to me while playing Ace Combat 8, involving my monitor. This is the second time it has “bugged out”: the screen suddenly goes black, but the game keeps running. If I pause the game, unplug the monitor and plug it back in, I can keep playing normally. However, if I force-restart the PC, I still get no image.

Just to give some context, I also use this PC for work and take good care of it. It stays on for several hours a day, the monitor is about two years old, and this has only happened to me twice, both times while playing this incredible game!

For now, I’m going to replace the voltage stabilizer and the power adapter just to reduce the chances of this being an issue on my end. But since I’ve heard and read that the game has a few technical issues, I wanted to leave this here and see if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

If so… you’re not alone!

I have the latest Nvidia drivers installed, and I’m enjoying the game on Ultra settings at 1440p with no limitations, comfortably staying above 60 FPS pretty much all the time. It runs beautifully in that regard, except for the rather long loading times between sessions.
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
You're not alone on this, I've noticed that after the most recent "update" to the game files that was done by Project Aces, my game will go black during any ground-attack mission. This is when transitioning to the look-down with the right thumbstick or when pitching down. There is no reason for this to be happening on my end as this is fairly new PC and monitor.

For context, my PC Specs are as follows: 9800X3D, X870i ASUS MOBO, 128GB RAM, RTX4090, Samsung 990 EVO Plus 4TB NVME SSD.

I have tried clearing the shader cache, clearing user settings, updating and rolling back to different graphics drivers, verifying installed files, deleting and reinstalling the game; the same problem persists, I've even gone up and down from Ultra to low on everything graphics-wise.

I've verified that it isn't the PC that is having the issue by way of testing this against multiple other games at their max settings including RE9, Pragmata, Ace Combat 7, The Last of Us Part I and II. This is the only title, so far that has this problem.
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Per page: 1530 50