ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
If you're experiencing long shader compilation times or crashes on the anti-cheat screen, please try this.
It used to take me 30 minutes to compile shaders on the first run.
Now it takes about a minute.
I’m sharing this method in case it helps anyone.

1. First, uninstall the game.

2. Important: Install the game on the C: drive or a drive created by partitioning the C: drive.

3. Update your graphics driver to the latest version.
(It’s unclear whether this was the root cause.)

I’ve played games in the past that used anti-cheat software.
At that time, the anti-cheat screen caused frequent crashes, making it impossible to play the game at all.
I thought that applying the same solution as back then might fix the issue, so I gave it a try.

Also, regarding the shader compilation issue occurring now, I had initially installed the game on an M.2 SSD installed in a different slot, rather than on the C: drive.
(My C: drive is also an M.2 SSD.)
When I changed the installation location this time, the compilation time was reduced from 30 minutes to 1 minute.

This suggests there may be a fundamental bug lurking within the anti-cheat software.

For reference, my PC configuration is as follows:
Windows 10
Ryzen 5800X
GIGABYTE RTX 3080 XTREME
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
A little while ago, I restarted the game and timed how long it took to compile.

Original time: 30 minutes

After applying the fix... 1 minute on first launch
After restarting... It launched in 6 seconds!

It seems to be working well.
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Per page: 1530 50