ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
What the ♥♥♥♥ even is this menu
This menu flows like ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 30 year-old ♥♥♥♥ like some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ idiot put together a team by getting brainscans of some roadkilled kangaroos and have these mfs vibecoded the menu in ChatGPT Go
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Love it. And it takes me so much time to make the right decisions in the menus.
japanese games usually have convoluted menus, have you even played a monster hunter game
Originally posted by Ezilo20:
japanese games usually have convoluted menus, have you even played a monster hunter game
Or crimson desert. To close the game you go into settings or other tab in your inventory/map menu and from there you find exit game. Japanese are hilarious with their menus, but I guess it's more about UI we are used to.
THE ISSUE ISN'T MENU COMPLEXITY - ITS THAT THE MENUS ARE SLOW AS ♥♥♥♥ AND TAKE AGES TO MOVE BETWEEN SCREENS
co-authored by claude
For me, it is that you have to use way too many steps just to do something in the menu. For instance, if I want to fly a free mission, I have to do the following steps:

1. Select campaign
2. Select free mission
3. Select difficutly
4. Select actual mission
5. Select whether I want to be restricted to using carrier aircraft (ok why do you even ask me this?)
6. Skip the mission briefing talk
7. Skip the graphical mission briefing
8. Select starting the mission
9. Select aircraft
10. Select 2nd weaponry
11. Select wingman aircraft
12. Select sortie

Making things worse, the game menu is animated, which is why some actions in the menu take one or two seconds longer than they should, and at some places the game loads something (hangar, cutscenes) during this course of steps, which again consumes one or two seconds.
It taking 20 steps to do anything wouldn't be an issue if there wasn't a 2 second animation between each step. I have to keep youtube shorts open when navigating menus to keep my gen xyz brain stimulated
Originally posted by Ditalos:
THE ISSUE ISN'T MENU COMPLEXITY - ITS THAT THE MENUS ARE SLOW AS ♥♥♥♥ AND TAKE AGES TO MOVE BETWEEN SCREENS
Yeah, this is so ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ stupid. I don't care about their stupid effects. I want to get into the game fast and out fast. That's it.

The whole game is marred by this meandering quality, same goes for the story.
It reeks of updating for the sake of updating.
Originally posted by Projekti koordinaattori:
Originally posted by Ezilo20:
japanese games usually have convoluted menus, have you even played a monster hunter game
Or crimson desert. To close the game you go into settings or other tab in your inventory/map menu and from there you find exit game. Japanese are hilarious with their menus, but I guess it's more about UI we are used to.
Korean there but yeah lol
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50