ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
Is there anyone who fix the crash?
fuxx Bandai Namco. Can't believe that I spent almost 100$ to watch crash error pop-up.
Originally posted by Calsetes:
I had a metric ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ of crashes, but what fixed it for me was adding this as a launch parameter in Steam:

-DisableAsyncCompute -dpcvars=r.D3D12.AllowAsyncCompute=0

Since then, I don't think I had a single crash.,
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Is it the UE Error 01 that pops up while starting up? I got it the moment I tried to Windows key + Shift it to another monitor. Had to restart computer. Disabling Steam overlay, Bandicam and NVIDIA overlay also fixed it for me.
Originally posted by 제이:
fuxx Bandai Namco. Can't believe that I spent almost 100$ to watch crash error pop-up.
capping fps and using AMD FSR instead of DLSS fixed it for me. DLSS seems to be bugged or broken.
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
I had a metric ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ of crashes, but what fixed it for me was adding this as a launch parameter in Steam:

-DisableAsyncCompute -dpcvars=r.D3D12.AllowAsyncCompute=0

Since then, I don't think I had a single crash.,
I found a workaround that works for me: launch ACE7 before ACE8 and keep it running in the background. With ACE7 open, ACE8 is stable (more than 30 launches in a row without a crash so far). Without ACE7, the game crashes at startup or later during a mission.

It's not a perfect solution, but it works better for me than the other tips (CPU affinity or limits, larger virtual memory on the SSD, running as administrator, etc.). Of course, it's not an option for players who don't own ACE7. It might work with other Bandai Namco games too, but I haven't tested that. GTA V, RDR2 and Arma 3 did not stabilize ACE8.
Originally posted by Rampancy:
I found a workaround that works for me: launch ACE7 before ACE8 and keep it running in the background. With ACE7 open, ACE8 is stable (more than 30 launches in a row without a crash so far). Without ACE7, the game crashes at startup or later during a mission.

It's not a perfect solution, but it works better for me than the other tips (CPU affinity or limits, larger virtual memory on the SSD, running as administrator, etc.). Of course, it's not an option for players who don't own ACE7. It might work with other Bandai Namco games too, but I haven't tested that. GTA V, RDR2 and Arma 3 did not stabilize ACE8.
Wtf. Does ac7 still has DRM? Random question I know but I can't see any other connection ahhahaha
Set your pagefile.sys to 24gb
Originally posted by Calsetes:
I had a metric ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ of crashes, but what fixed it for me was adding this as a launch parameter in Steam:

-DisableAsyncCompute -dpcvars=r.D3D12.AllowAsyncCompute=0

Since then, I don't think I had a single crash.,


You saved my ass pal. This solution works to me at least.
Wish that launch parameter trick worked. Sadly hasn't helped. Still not able to progress past Mission 2, if I'm even able to get the dang thing to boot.
Originally posted by spectre626:
Wish that launch parameter trick worked. Sadly hasn't helped. Still not able to progress past Mission 2, if I'm even able to get the dang thing to boot.

Mine takes about 10 minutes to start the game but crashes on the second mission's end cutscene
I had terrible performance, stuttering on lowest settings and random crashes. Couldn't get past mission retaking theve 2.

Problem totally fixed now though.
Pretty sure my issue was my BIOS was on an older version which didn't allow resizable BAR. I updated firmware and enabled this setting in BIOS menu.

Makes sense to me that this was a fix as it allows CPU to access all VRAM(in my case AMD 3700x and 3070ti 8gb) at once instead of 256mb chunks.

Since doing that, I completed entire story and played a few MP games with zero performance issues.
I haven't had a single crash.. weird.

Rx9070.
Originally posted by PocketYoda:
I haven't had a single crash.. weird.

Rx9070.
depends on system. I have a beefy system and only "stutter" happened when downloading a game from steam at the same time because disk went beserk.

but it varies a lot, a lot of systems a lot of stuff. pc gaming
Originally posted by The Necro Police:
Originally posted by PocketYoda:
I haven't had a single crash.. weird.

Rx9070.
depends on system. I have a beefy system and only "stutter" happened when downloading a game from steam at the same time because disk went beserk.

but it varies a lot, a lot of systems a lot of stuff. pc gaming
Yeah i've been very happy with my AMD GPU i've had almost zero issues. But i've seen others constantly having issues with the Rx9070XT.. But mines just a Rx9070?
Originally posted by an m4 Sherman:
Originally posted by spectre626:
Wish that launch parameter trick worked. Sadly hasn't helped. Still not able to progress past Mission 2, if I'm even able to get the dang thing to boot.

Mine takes about 10 minutes to start the game but crashes on the second mission's end cutscene
Yeah sometimes it will start for me but if it does I also get the crash just after finishing mission 2.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50