ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
Timer in missions
Anybody else think we should get a timer stop once the final objective is completed?

I'm in M28 on Elite struggling to get Lux 22 down. Finally get the kill with 45 seconds left on the clock, but because this dude needs to have a final yap session like Gideon Ofnir, the timer hits 0 and I get auto mission failure.

I'm not against having a clock, but it's really demoralizing when my victory is stolen by a technicality due to in game dialogue.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
I feel that. My first run in that mission I succeeded with around 54 seconds left by the time it said I won.
This game seems to hand out mission failures on technicalities far more often than previous entries.

Turns out in Mission27 you'll get an immediate mission failure if you return fire after the timer runs out on the first phase, with Dealer saying "You can't shoot at them after we demanded their surrender!" even though they very clearly refused the request and are shooting at you.
Yes previous games had the timer stop when the last target was destroyed.

That being said, I always felt the timers were very generous and you should never really be going to time unless its a mission that requires to you play the full time. If you are running of out time, then its a plane, weapon, path efficiency, or target efficiency issue.

For M28, were you using guns, because it really speeds up the time to kill Shadows since they are most likely going to dodge missiles.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50