ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
x40 is terrible or just me ??
I just got the x40 plane in my second play through the game's story mode and i find it appauling, the handling is axx it actually feels like i'm turning a double decker bus in the sky, the weapons are too low ammo since there is no upgrades that can improve how much you can take on a mission because its classed as electromagnetic weaponry, the only thing that seems good on it is the railgun ( bcuz its a railgun ) but even that is only good for big ships and stationary targets and you get like 10 shots then your out of ammo for that too,

The UAV drones weapon seem good on it but i think you only get lke 4 uses from them ?...just bad.

To say this thing costs 1 million mrp by itself and then another 100k to unlock all the weapons for it, and then a further 100 to 150k to even get to the plane it's around 1.85m to get everything for it upgraded fully on the aircraft tree aswell..

Cmon , it should be better for all the hoops you have to jump through to get to it imho.

Does anyone else feel the same way or just me?.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
i used it first in my multirole only playthrough , and im underwhelmed by it. the drones dont really do much against smaller targets ,qaams are qaams and the eml is meh at best. its not really what i expect from a superplane in ace combat
It doesn't let you fly like Moon when you fought her, that's for sure.
I'm using it but, I think I prefer my beloved Su-57
Originally posted by Scythé:
the handling is axx it actually feels like i'm turning a double decker bus in the sky
I mean, it certainly looks like a double-decker bus with wings
I don't think it's TERRIBLE and the drones def helps hit some of the more pesky aces, but, it's definitely no post story craft in terms of performance.
That's usually how the post-game super planes tend to be. Not even close to what you end up shooting down.
Granted- if they were they'd practically be cheat-codes, and S-ranking missions would be entirely too simple, so they'd either have to achievement lock the game when you pull a super-plane out of a hangar... Or nerf them before you ever touch the pilot's seat.
Originally posted by Zeromentor:
That's usually how the post-game super planes tend to be. Not even close to what you end up shooting down.
Granted- if they were they'd practically be cheat-codes, and S-ranking missions would be entirely too simple, so they'd either have to achievement lock the game when you pull a super-plane out of a hangar... Or nerf them before you ever touch the pilot's seat.
I guess the major benefit is that it can definitelly take a beating and still maintain performance of late game craft.
I think it looks dumb, with one plane bolted on top of another ugly one. It looks worse when hauling the external railgun and drones.

Performance wise it is nothing special. And It's weapon loadout is a letdown. The railgun I guess works against ships, and sometimes planes. Giving them to the AI they always miss...
I mean fair I didn't expect it to be as good as moon when you fight her in it, cause that would be ridiculous , but I did expect it to be better than it is for the 1.85mil it costs as that takes a while to save up for almost a whole second playthrough of missions.

Right now i'm finding some of the standard 350k planes actually outperform it, and that should be impossible but I dunno maybe i expected too much. The weapons on it seems just flat out bad to me, 4 uses on that UAV weapon versus a locking bomb and multi air missiles that have like 30+ uses ?? it's a joke...
Originally posted by Zeromentor:
That's usually how the post-game super planes tend to be. Not even close to what you end up shooting down.
Granted- if they were they'd practically be cheat-codes, and S-ranking missions would be entirely too simple, so they'd either have to achievement lock the game when you pull a super-plane out of a hangar... Or nerf them before you ever touch the pilot's seat.
Hooo buddy. In AC6 the CFA-44 dominated. I think that the post game plane should make you into an effortless god. That's part of the 1 million MRP I paid for it. It is underwhelming.
Well, AC7 added some god tier planes as DLC so I have a feeling that we may see the same thing happen here. They probably don't want an unlock to overshadow future DLC.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50