ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
Stop forcing Warfare matches
I hate that the weekly challenges keep forcing Warfare matches. The daily is already bad enough, but having to do all these warfare matches, let alone with win requirements, is beyond frustrating. The challenges are the only way to complete this battlepass and I want to play co-op like the mode says. Warfare is pvp, and I would rather never have to interact with that.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Same, I'm fine with being able to clear the battlepass quicker if you want to deal with Warfare, but I'm having much more fun just doing Assault instead personally and I hope that we can still clear the entire pass without having mto resort to playing Warfare.

At least they don't force Deathmatches I guess...
Warfare shouldn't be labeled co-op and the other two modes that ARE co-op shouldn't be RNG/time limited. The online for this game is awfully designed.
I'll never agree with the term "co-op warfare", either.

Ain't nothing co-op about it. Heck, co-op assault isn't even co-op since you're still competing with others. Only difference is that they can't shoot you down.
Originally posted by Vector:
Warfare shouldn't be labeled co-op and the other two modes that ARE co-op shouldn't be RNG/time limited. The online for this game is awfully designed.
why shouldn't warfare be called coop?
you have 3 teamates, so you ARE playing cooperative
and the warfare part explains that you also compete against another team
so i'd say it's perfectly named
:ac8_FighterIcon::ace8_MultiroleIcon::ac8_ElectronicIcon::ac8_AttackerIcon:
Originally posted by Fastspectre:
Originally posted by Vector:
Warfare shouldn't be labeled co-op and the other two modes that ARE co-op shouldn't be RNG/time limited. The online for this game is awfully designed.
why shouldn't warfare be called coop?
you have 3 teamates, so you ARE playing cooperative and the warfare part explains that you also compete against another team
so i'd say it's perfectly named
:ac8_FighterIcon::ace8_MultiroleIcon::ac8_ElectronicIcon::ac8_AttackerIcon:
Not really when the main winning factor in warfare is PvP via the massive bonus for shooting down high threat level players who may have been going after ground targets. It's team death match with extra stuff to shoot at ala Titanfall. But I'll agree to disagree
Most games coop modes are purely PvE with no PvP, don't be coy and pretend not to understand what Vectors point is, the name IS misleading and only makes sense if you completely ignore how 99% of games use that termanology.

Coop assault gets a pass because it at least has no direct PvP and only a score board and sharing the same targets with the others.

Though honestly I'd rather if co-op assault had more (both in number and danger) enemies and it's just a single team, have Competitive Assault be where both teams are competing for the higher score (so literally just the current coop assault), then Competitve Warfare where PvP is enabled as well (literally just the current coop warfare)

Unfortunately they're unlikely to do this, since adding in more permenent game modes increases the risk of dividing the population too much, but I can dream at least.
Originally posted by Barack Obaka:
Not really when the main winning factor in warfare is PvP via the massive bonus for shooting down high threat level players who may have been going after ground targets.
Which is funny cause in practice chasing after players is such a times sink that you are legit better off focusing more on AI to play catch up. Pretty much anyone who tries to shoot down other players always comes bottom of the scoreboard. They made a PvPvE mode where PvP is about the worst thing you can do!
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50