ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
Ultra wide support question before purchase
Does the game support 3840 x 1080 during gameplay?
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Simple answer is "yes", ultrawide is supported.

The issue is that hud is not optimized for it, so your map and and the like will be in the middle of the screen as if you are playing at 16:9. There mods that fix it but I haven't tried them.
Originally posted by Weizsgriff:
The issue is that hud is not optimized for it, so your map and and the like will be in the middle of the screen as if you are playing at 16:9.

I'd beg to differ as I don't have to giraffe my head to look at the radar or what SP weapon i'm on.
Originally posted by Weizsgriff:
Simple answer is "yes", ultrawide is supported.

The issue is that hud is not optimized for it, so your map and and the like will be in the middle of the screen as if you are playing at 16:9. There mods that fix it but I haven't tried them.

A 16:9 HUD is perfectly fine. I'd rather not have HUD elements out of my area of focus on the screen.
Originally posted by Weizsgriff:
Simple answer is "yes", ultrawide is supported.

The issue is that hud is not optimized for it, so your map and and the like will be in the middle of the screen as if you are playing at 16:9. There mods that fix it but I haven't tried them.
thank you for the answer, I'll give it a try and hopefully its to my liking! :vanilla2:
Originally posted by Freyar:
Originally posted by Weizsgriff:
Simple answer is "yes", ultrawide is supported.

The issue is that hud is not optimized for it, so your map and and the like will be in the middle of the screen as if you are playing at 16:9. There mods that fix it but I haven't tried them.

A 16:9 HUD is perfectly fine. I'd rather not have HUD elements out of my area of focus on the screen.
While I'd normally agree, the issue that the hud is also too big, so it kinda just blocks half of the screen. I wouldn't mind moving the map to the edge or shrinking it by 50%.
Originally posted by Weizsgriff:
Originally posted by Freyar:

A 16:9 HUD is perfectly fine. I'd rather not have HUD elements out of my area of focus on the screen.
While I'd normally agree, the issue that the hud is also too big, so it kinda just blocks half of the screen. I wouldn't mind moving the map to the edge or shrinking it by 50%.
Yeah its not to bad, but I do agree with ya on what you just sated, still bad ass so far though hahah
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50