ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
Is there any use for the a10?
I just can't find any good use for the aircraft at all. the f35 have better ground attack missle, and is not a flying log.
I found one mission worth using it in ace combat 7, but that's about it.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
It's my fav tho, any ground type mission I'll bring A-10, and air type I'll go for F-14. F-35 is technological advanced but it's ugly, because of stealth. Actually I think all stealth planes are ugly. Personal preference.
I didn't find one but I also don't like the F-35. 8AGM just wastes ammo and the Rafale has LACM, too while getting LAAM on top of it.
Not really, it's more for fun and just there because it's such a beloved plane culturally. The A10 was brought into service in 1976, back then things like heat seeking MANPADS and accurate SAMs were much more rare so the concept of a flying heavy gun worked better.

The A10 is getting retired within the next 10 years though and being replaced with things like multirole and stealth fighters that are designed to be used with carriers and operate at further ranges. Ace Combat kind of reflects these real world changes with how good the later planes are for bombing compared to older planes.

I like the Su-34 and the F-15E the most for pure bombing missions.
It's fun for heavily congested ground missions. The cannon is very strong and fun to use vs shadow too, especially with the cannon upgrades.
Not everything has to be meta, if you like it use it.
Trigger happy.
Definitely not a meta aircraft in this game though.
it's a good plane for the PVE emergency sorties. You have to have it leveled though. Getting rockets at 3rd cap increase is nuts in terms of grind. But the powerful main gun lets it do massive damage to the bosses.
Originally posted by Gauuuuuusson:
It's my fav tho, any ground type mission I'll bring A-10, and air type I'll go for F-14. F-35 is technological advanced but it's ugly, because of stealth. Actually I think all stealth planes are ugly. Personal preference.
You should see Boeing's Joint Strike Fighter submission, the X-32. That thing was UGLY! Maybe they'll make it a DLC aircraft. :steamhappy:
Originally posted by Insane Scientist:
Not really, it's more for fun and just there because it's such a beloved plane culturally. The A10 was brought into service in 1976, back then things like heat seeking MANPADS and accurate SAMs were much more rare so the concept of a flying heavy gun worked better.

The A10 is getting retired within the next 10 years though and being replaced with things like multirole and stealth fighters that are designed to be used with carriers and operate at further ranges. Ace Combat kind of reflects these real world changes with how good the later planes are for bombing compared to older planes.

I like the Su-34 and the F-15E the most for pure bombing missions.
Theyve been claiming its going to be retired for like 15 years. Its simply not going to happen. The damn things will out live us all.
I've been trying to unlock rockets on it purely for the submarine emergency mission. rocket dumping that thing sounds like a fun time
Originally posted by beerninja:
I've been trying to unlock rockets on it purely for the submarine emergency mission. rocket dumping that thing sounds like a fun time

Sadly, F-4E is probably the single best funship build for Emergency sorties
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50