ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
How TF nobody seems to find any mission hard? Stuck at Mission 25 and it's ridiculous
No matter how much s****t I keep destroying, my group forces keeps getting destroyed. It doesn't help these id***ts wanna keep advancing despite there still being enemy forces near them. This is so stupid. 99% of the game's difficulty is merely due to these allies getting downed
< >
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
In real war, what kind of id***t ass soldiers keep moving forward WHEN THE COAST ISN'T EVEN CLEAR?

Also I absolutely hate the game's lack of markers. They say "oh enemies in east are facing trouble!" meanwhile I cant even figure out where the hell east direction is supposed to be.
I clear everything, the announcer says "we're progressing smoothly", and 10 seconds later, the ground troops say "we're losing!" and it's game over. LIKE WTF?

This mission is completely ridiculous and insanely stupid. I'm turning my review to negative after this stupidity.
The "announcer" as you call him (it's AWACS) literally tells you what you need to focus on. Don't focus on every random plane or tank you see. Shoot the thing that is actually hitting your allies.

As an example, if your allies shout something about being bombed by artillery - look around for howitzers.

As I recall, mission 25 is the battle for rocky island, which is one of the easier missions in the game (I completed the campaign on Veteran).
As for the "lack of markers" (if anything there's too many markers), you can simply press Select on your controller to expand the radar and view the minimap instead, which is always pointing north, so you can easily see where things are.

The only way you can lose this is if you actively ignore the thing you need to shoot.
Originally posted by RIKAWA:
The "announcer" as you call him (it's AWACS) literally tells you what you need to focus on. Don't focus on every random plane or tank you see. Shoot the thing that is actually hitting your allies.

As an example, if your allies shout something about being bombed by artillery - look around for howitzers.

As I recall, mission 25 is the battle for rocky island, which is one of the easier missions in the game (I completed the campaign on Veteran).
As for the "lack of markers" (if anything there's too many markers), you can simply press Select on your controller to expand the radar and view the minimap instead, which is always pointing north, so you can easily see where things are.

The only way you can lose this is if you actively ignore the thing you need to shoot.

I've been specifically targeting howitzers, ships and APCs and tanks and STILL keep losing out of nowhere. I even turned the damn difficulty down to Rookie mode in the end and STILL died.

Seriously f*** this. If Bandai wanted to expand this game into mainstream, they shouldn't be pulling this kind of horrid nonsense anymore on the difficulty. No wonder like 99% of people here playing are just old AC7 veterans. No newcomer wants to get into this stupid game where you lose the moment one stupid ally goes down out of your control.

which is one of the easier missions in the game (I completed the campaign on Veteran).

Bloody hell, you've got to be kidding me if you call this 'easier missions in the game'. I survived 24 previous missions and only this mission has given me this much trouble. The only other mission that did this was mission 3 when I first started playing because of the same artifical difficulty BS pulled in having to protect useless stupid allies.
Originally posted by Amplifier:
Originally posted by RIKAWA:
The "announcer" as you call him (it's AWACS) literally tells you what you need to focus on. Don't focus on every random plane or tank you see. Shoot the thing that is actually hitting your allies.

As an example, if your allies shout something about being bombed by artillery - look around for howitzers.

As I recall, mission 25 is the battle for rocky island, which is one of the easier missions in the game (I completed the campaign on Veteran).
As for the "lack of markers" (if anything there's too many markers), you can simply press Select on your controller to expand the radar and view the minimap instead, which is always pointing north, so you can easily see where things are.

The only way you can lose this is if you actively ignore the thing you need to shoot.

I've been specifically targeting howitzers, ships and APCs and tanks and STILL keep losing out of nowhere/

which is one of the easier missions in the game (I completed the campaign on Veteran).

Bloody hell, you've got to be kidding me if you call this 'easier missions in the game'. I survived 24 previous missions and only this mission has given me this much trouble. The only other mission that did this was mission 3 when I first started playing because of the same artifical difficulty BS pulled in having to protect useless stupid allies.
Well, if you're already focusing the right targets, my guess is that you got the wrong plane for the job.

Not sure which plane I used, but I think it was the Eurofighter Typhoon. You should also make sure to give your wingmen planes with good ground attack potential and use the command to disperse and enable special weapons.
Pay attention to the minimap and chatter. Prioritise enemies that are the closest to allied troop. If a troop is hit/in need of immediate back up, there will be ping on the minimap. The more you ignore these pings, the worst it gets for the troop.

Also, once you cleared enemies near troop A, for example, then go for other enemies, do know that enemies can spawn again near troop A. So pay close attention to the minimap. If you want easy way for this mission, pick F-15E with SFFS as its special weapon. Equipping the plane with SFFS related parts can also help. A tip for using the SFFS: the higher altitude you are, the bigger the spread of the bomb.

I wish you luck, buddy o7
Originally posted by Amplifier:
In real war, what kind of id***t ass soldiers keep moving forward WHEN THE COAST ISN'T EVEN CLEAR?

Also I absolutely hate the game's lack of markers. They say "oh enemies in east are facing trouble!" meanwhile I cant even figure out where the hell east direction is supposed to be.

Oh no! The game isn't holding your hands and you actually have to pay attention to the AWACS and ally chatter. The horror!!!!

All you have to do is shoot at enemies that are being said by AWACS and Allies. If your AWACS says there are attackers coming. Look at the map and see any enemy icons coming towards yours allies. One of the most basic indications are priority targets. Any enemies with a TGT are a must destroy. On the radar it will show them as red with circle or just red squares on the ground. the biggest culprits that do all lot of damage especially for your ground allies are helicopters and howitzers.
Originally posted by Battlefire123:
Originally posted by Amplifier:
In real war, what kind of id***t ass soldiers keep moving forward WHEN THE COAST ISN'T EVEN CLEAR?

Also I absolutely hate the game's lack of markers. They say "oh enemies in east are facing trouble!" meanwhile I cant even figure out where the hell east direction is supposed to be.

Oh no! The game isn't holding your hands and you actually have to pay attention to the AWACS and ally chatter. The horror!!!!

All you have to do is shoot at enemies that are being said by AWACS and Allies. If your AWACS says there are attackers coming. Look at the map and see any enemy icons coming towards yours allies. One of the most basic indications are priority targets. Any enemies with a TGT are a must destroy. On the radar it will show them as red with circle or just red squares on the ground. the biggest culprits that do all lot of damage especially for your ground allies are helicopters and howitzers.

Except there's NO TGT targets in like 90% of this mission, genius
Originally posted by Mystozhaf:
Pay attention to the minimap and chatter. Prioritise enemies that are the closest to allied troop. If a troop is hit/in need of immediate back up, there will be ping on the minimap. The more you ignore these pings, the worst it gets for the troop.

Also, once you cleared enemies near troop A, for example, then go for other enemies, do know that enemies can spawn again near troop A. So pay close attention to the minimap. If you want easy way for this mission, pick F-15E with SFFS as its special weapon. Equipping the plane with SFFS related parts can also help. A tip for using the SFFS: the higher altitude you are, the bigger the spread of the bomb.

I wish you luck, buddy o7

There's no ping. There's no TGT. There's no specific targets pointed out in this mission. It's the only mission so far like this.

That's the problem with this stupid mission and it bewilders me how not a single person here has raised it up. It's purely stupid mission design. I could destroy every single damn howitzer, bomber, helicopter, frigate, tank, APC and still one minute later, one side of the ground troops just perish for completely no f****ing reason suddenly.

Stupid ass mission and it doesn't help the mission is just scripted with dialogue misleadingly saying "oh the mission is progressing fine".

The devs should at least include a bar progression or something to show how the ground troops are doing so players can keep track. It's completely stupid enough there's no telling of what and where to do to help the troops most of the time
You're likely ignoring the multi-role fighters the enemy launches to attack the ground troops. The SU-23s, F-16Cs, F2s, F4s, A-10s, MI-24 helicopters are all air enemies that will prioritize hitting ground troops. I find that they are able to reliably target the allies you're supposed to be escorting.

If you're playing 3rd-person, you don't get the compass. First-person & Cockpit give you a compass for directions.
Originally posted by SupAll:
You're likely ignoring the multi-role fighters the enemy launches to attack the ground troops. The SU-23s, F-16Cs, F2s, F4s, A-10s, MI-24 helicopters are all air enemies that will prioritize hitting ground troops. I find that they are able to reliably target the allies you're supposed to be escorting.

If you're playing 3rd-person, you don't get the compass. First-person & Cockpit give you a compass for directions.

I'm playing first person with the compass and pretty sure no helicopters were left since I always scanned the skies.

Anyway I finally cleared the stupid mission after multiple retries even on Rookie difficulty. I dont know why the checkpoints are so damn far away and there's no TGT markings at all the entire time until the final 30% portion.
Oddly, the bane of my existence was mission 20 because the escort target is made of glass but that's a different issue.

25 felt like a walk in the park in comparison.
Originally posted by Amplifier:
Originally posted by SupAll:
You're likely ignoring the multi-role fighters the enemy launches to attack the ground troops. The SU-23s, F-16Cs, F2s, F4s, A-10s, MI-24 helicopters are all air enemies that will prioritize hitting ground troops. I find that they are able to reliably target the allies you're supposed to be escorting.

If you're playing 3rd-person, you don't get the compass. First-person & Cockpit give you a compass for directions.

I'm playing first person with the compass and pretty sure no helicopters were left since I always scanned the skies.

Anyway I finally cleared the stupid mission after multiple retries even on Rookie difficulty. I dont know why the checkpoints are so damn far away and there's no TGT markings at all the entire time until the final 30% portion.
Do you use your radar properly?? It seems to me like you are just hunting the very next target group you see or something. These missions all have very generous timeframes to get the job done imo... i mean there is medals for not loosing a single ground unit, because that is like, a very achievable thing ....

Originally posted by Amplifier:
Except there's NO TGT targets in like 90% of this mission, genius

There are TGT targets genius. The Shadows are all TGT. And the Shadow Gripen E's are the ones that focus on your ground allies so go for them first. And again, any ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ enemies on the ground that a red are a must kill. Pay attention. Look at your radar. The Land Aegis, Howitzers, APC's, tanks. They are red so focus on them.

The fact I need to explain this ♥♥♥♥ shows you aren't paying attention.
Yeah uh, this is one of the easier missions imo. But here's usually how I go about it.

Destory the ground units on the sea > then the shore (prioritizing tanks, APCs, Howitzers) > work your way further inland but listening out for the AWACS commands.

Any aircraft bullying the escorts, take them out. Usually choppers, attackers or multiroles. ESPECIALLY when a ping happens on the radar.

Bringing the correct aircraft and SP weapons is also pretty important. I think for my first playthrough I was using the F-22A with guided bombs, then subsequent playthroughs I use F-35 cruise missiles.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
Per page: 1530 50