ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
For those with the UE Error01 crashes on cutscenes...
I have an Nvidia GPU (4080Super) so ymmv - the fix I got to work against the UE crashes was switched from TSR to DLSS and reinstalling older drivers. Hope this works for yall, cheers!

9800X3D
4080Super
64gb RAM
Game installed on NVME (previously on a SATA, NVME gave me huge improvements to load times)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 38 comments
You might want to share *which* older drivers?
^ I agree with Totes, and on top of that note what current mission you are on. Because from what I am reading -- many folks can't even get to mission 1
WHICH driver???
would love to know which nvidia driver you are on.
Which drivers did you go to?
Duck you bro tell us the driver
I wish I knew what older drivers would work for me. The AMD ones recommended in the pop-up didn't work.

Mind you... UE5 is just garbage. A crime against humanity.
i have a 4070 super and reverted to 32.0.15.9649 and fluff me it worked
you might need to go back two or three driver versions i switched to the 616.56 Aug 26, 2026 NVIDIA drivers and that is working so far
EDIT: was able to get to mission 4 before it crashes again
Got it working (sorta)
* Clean install latest Nvidia driver
* Delete cached shaders
* %LOCALAPPDATA%\D3DSCache
* %LOCALAPPDATA%\NVIDIA\DXCache
* %LOCALAPPDATA%\NVIDIA\GLCache
* Restart
* First cutscene still crashes so skip everything in prologue, should be safe once you're in the plane

Currently on a 5080, YMMV
Originally posted by Toaster:
you might need to go back two or three driver versions i switched to the 616.56 Aug 26, 2026 NVIDIA drivers and that is working so far
Still crashes.
Originally posted by TotesAdorbs:
You might want to share *which* older drivers?
Apologies, I'm currently running 616.92, was previously on 617.14. Hardware listed in original post!
9800x3d and 5080 and I got the game running after i dropped my max fps to 60. tried on mission 2 to bring it back up and got it to crash again during the cutscene. I believe its an FPS issue
I have a 5070 RTX, reverting to nvidia drivers 610.74 (July 7th 2026 release) seems to have helped immensely. I am on Windows 10, 32gb system ram, running the game exe as administrator, DLSS on, Full Screen Mode, HDR on, with high settings. Tried a game reinstall prior to the driver revert to no avail.

Before I would crash with Error 01 after less than a minute of loading into an online lobby. I timed it and so far 25 minutes of lobby time & a complete co-op match have gone by without a crash. Noticed significantly better performance on my end as well. Going to keep an eye on it.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 38 comments
Per page: 1530 50