ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
Mission 07 “A Lifeline in the Desert” How to shoot down a fast Aircraft?
Spoiler!? Guys, has anyone figured out how to shoot down an Aircraft that takes off from the runway in the middle of the map? He has jammers, and to be able to fire rockets or simply use guns, you need to be right up close, but that’s not realistic, is it? I was on the fastest plane, with all the accelerations, and I just kept up with him. But it’s impossible to get close to him, because if you’re waiting far away along the path, he’s flying slowly, but it’s impossible to adjust to him, because you lose speed - you don’t have time before you go beyond the boundary, and if you arrive early, he’ll accelerate away. You can definitely kill him, since there are phrases that appear when you hit him, but I just have no idea how.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
It might be possible to approach it head on and use the MIG-21bis or the F4-E Phantom II with gun pods to shoot it down. But i don't know if there are any critical hardpoints that need to be destoryed for it to go down. Missiles probably wont work because it has CWIS on it.
Likely it's just scripted that you aren't supposed to destroy that specific craft as it appears in a later mission anyway. Wouldn't worry about trying to destroy it, you likely won't get anything special
guns can work without the reticle appearing and so can missiles but you have to know where you are shooting. honestly don't think its meant to be but if you try to get to its location right before take off, would be your best bet.
I have tried with the preorder plane using the laser and have even got as far as destroying a couple parts on it but I can't seem to take it down. Would really love to know if its even possible. If even the X40 can't keep up with it however, it leads me to believe it isn't possible.
It's invulnerable. You're able to destroy a couple of parts but even on it's ass with MGPs going non-stop for like 20 seconds, all you get is "Hit" alerts.
I love mission 7 in general. Fun to fly and it was the first one I spammed a lot of in Free Missions to farm MRP until later ones paid out better.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50