ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
STOP USING DENUVO
There is literally a Steam curator that tells everyone if a game has Denuvo and warns people to not buy the game. You are leaving money on the table and additionally taking away all the optimization you invested in. Just send us a video of you shooting yourself in the foot.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 56 comments
sure, as soon as people stop freeloading
I have played every Ace combat since PSone and refuse to make this purchase. Great job getting rid of your longtime fans for new ones that won't stick around once they see how the game is barely held together even with ductape.
Originally posted by space:
sure, as soon as people stop freeloading

No ownership means pirating is not stealing.
Originally posted by space:
sure, as soon as people stop freeloading

Steam needs to add a react for sad for smooth brain logic.
I bought this game and I still think AC8 doesn't need to use Denuvo. This time, Ace Combat is really focusing on multiplayer. You don't need to add Denuvo on top of an online game... Let the freeloaders have the campaign; they wouldn't pay for it anyway. Since AC8 features a seasonal battle pass, I don't think reducing the FPS of the existing paying customers in an online game is wise.
I agree, they are limiting you to 5 pc's a day as well. If you travel or have the money to afford the hardware to be able to play this, you should not be limited by the piracy thing. This PROMOTES piracy. Looking at the DRM notice, and the third party EULA notice, id wait to see what the EULA is for sure before buying it.
I don't really care about Denuvo because steam already acts like a DRM already and I don't blame companies using an extra layer for good measure. If this sort of thing happened on GOG then I would care more since it advertise itself as a DRM free market place.
Originally posted by schicic:
I agree, they are limiting you to 5 pc's a day as well. If you travel or have the money to afford the hardware to be able to play this, you should not be limited by the piracy thing. This PROMOTES piracy. Looking at the DRM notice, and the third party EULA notice, id wait to see what the EULA is for sure before buying it.

Ahh yes, I'm sure this limits the 0.001% of players this applies to..

If you travel you that much you're not likely gaming enough to worry about it.. even then what do you expect them to be running 5 built gaming desktops and a laptop?

This is crying just to cry.
Originally posted by nav:
I have played every Ace combat since PSone and refuse to make this purchase. Great job getting rid of your longtime fans for new ones that won't stick around once they see how the game is barely held together even with ductape.
if your a true fan from the PSone days why are you not getting a PSfive copy that dose not have Denuvo

also instead of complaining doors have to have locks to keep people out how about start complaining that people do not stay out of stuff that is not theirs to get into

we would not have Denuvo if pirates did not exist

to stop Denuvo you must first stop the pirates
denuvo is already cracked its only a matter of time when devs loose interest on it
Originally posted by Blanc:
I don't really care about Denuvo because steam already acts like a DRM already and I don't blame companies using an extra layer for good measure. If this sort of thing happened on GOG then I would care more since it advertise itself as a DRM free market place.


This is fals in regard to Steam being DRM. Every game I own on Steam that is not live service, I can play forever, and even spin up dedicated servers. Steam is just a store, just like GOG.
Originally posted by Luminos:
Originally posted by schicic:
I agree, they are limiting you to 5 pc's a day as well. If you travel or have the money to afford the hardware to be able to play this, you should not be limited by the piracy thing. This PROMOTES piracy. Looking at the DRM notice, and the third party EULA notice, id wait to see what the EULA is for sure before buying it.

Ahh yes, I'm sure this limits the 0.001% of players this applies to..

If you travel you that much you're not likely gaming enough to worry about it.. even then what do you expect them to be running 5 built gaming desktops and a laptop?

This is crying just to cry.

You know every time you install on your gaming PC that is a unique install for Denuvo which counts against the 5 count right
Originally posted by BUD_TOKER_13:
Originally posted by nav:
I have played every Ace combat since PSone and refuse to make this purchase. Great job getting rid of your longtime fans for new ones that won't stick around once they see how the game is barely held together even with ductape.
if your a true fan from the PSone days why are you not getting a PSfive copy that dose not have Denuvo

also instead of complaining doors have to have locks to keep people out how about start complaining that people do not stay out of stuff that is not theirs to get into

we would not have Denuvo if pirates did not exist

to stop Denuvo you must first stop the pirates

Because PC is better than console, always has been. The fact these devs are too lazy to solve problems that have existed since the invention of gaming is not our problem. Devs used to rely on the quality of the game for sales, now they rely purely on FOMO and could care less if the game doesn't even run for people. Look at Forza Horizon, the game still throws GPU errors on 5090s and the game has been out for a while now.
Originally posted by nav:
Originally posted by Blanc:
I don't really care about Denuvo because steam already acts like a DRM already and I don't blame companies using an extra layer for good measure. If this sort of thing happened on GOG then I would care more since it advertise itself as a DRM free market place.


This is fals in regard to Steam being DRM. Every game I own on Steam that is not live service, I can play forever, and even spin up dedicated servers. Steam is just a store, just like GOG.
You need to sign in weekly to play your games, on GOG you can make discs of games you own and boot it up without ever signing into GOG. Heck, theoretically you can buy every game on that platform and then never use GOG again unlike steam.

When you buy from steam you don't own your games and if you care about DRM or something just buy it for consoles or GOG and itch.
Originally posted by Blanc:
Originally posted by nav:


This is fals in regard to Steam being DRM. Every game I own on Steam that is not live service, I can play forever, and even spin up dedicated servers. Steam is just a store, just like GOG.
You need to sign in weekly to play your games, on GOG you can make discs of games you own and boot it up without ever signing into GOG. Heck, theoretically you can buy every game on that platform and then never use GOG again unlike steam.

When you buy from steam you don't own your games and if you care about DRM or something just buy it for consoles or GOG and itch.


What are you talking about? Lol this is literally a conspiracy theory if I ever saw one, just go put on a tin foil hat. I do not have to sign in weekly to keep my library. Look at my profile, I have been on Steam for 18+ years.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 56 comments
Per page: 1530 50