METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE

METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE

View Stats:
disarming sam right at the end of the fight?
before sam dies, you can zandatsu and it has a red square on his sword, like the first time that you get the ability to disarm him, however, hitting it will just end the fight instead of disarming him. is there any other alternate ways to end this fight? i also thought if you fail the QTE when he drops below 50% he might disarm you and arm himself. now THAT would be very exciting but unfortunately he just insults you and kicks your ass.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
No other way to finish him that I know of.
Originally posted by MordragXDM:
No other way to finish him that I know of.
damn. here i was hoping i could get some more content... well it was worth a try
You can't disarm him anymore once he performs the three-dash attack. I think the threshold for Sam to get to the second sword phase is ~50% or below.

Edit: The lowest I've got on recording while very slowly draining his health is 44.6%. The threshold is possibly somewhere between 45% - 44.6%

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8aq5sE-Qn4&t=252
Originally posted by Noobydoo:
You can't disarm him anymore once he performs the three-dash attack. I think the threshold for Sam to get to the second sword phase is ~50% or below.

Edit: The lowest I've got on recording while very slowly draining his health is 44.6%. The threshold is possibly somewhere between 45% - 44.6%

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8aq5sE-Qn4&t=252
yes i know of the first time that you can do it, but when the fight ends and he is about to die. the que for zandatsu happens, and if you go into blade mode you can again target his sword in his hand, exactly like the first time it happens once he falls below 50% health, however hitting it will not do anything and you simply kill him in a cutscene
Originally posted by kiaSscorched:
Originally posted by Noobydoo:
You can't disarm him anymore once he performs the three-dash attack. I think the threshold for Sam to get to the second sword phase is ~50% or below.

Edit: The lowest I've got on recording while very slowly draining his health is 44.6%. The threshold is possibly somewhere between 45% - 44.6%

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8aq5sE-Qn4&t=252
yes i know of the first time that you can do it, but when the fight ends and he is about to die. the que for zandatsu happens, and if you go into blade mode you can again target his sword in his hand, exactly like the first time it happens once he falls below 50% health, however hitting it will not do anything and you simply kill him in a cutscene
That's exactly the point of that. Sam is left vulnerable towards any attacks by hitting his hand/sword hilt (especially considering his overall exhaustion at that point as well), which staggers him long enough to allow you to perform the final blow with precision, resulting in the stab to his heart.

That's at least my perception of the final zandatsu of this fight.
Originally posted by Noobydoo:
Originally posted by kiaSscorched:
yes i know of the first time that you can do it, but when the fight ends and he is about to die. the que for zandatsu happens, and if you go into blade mode you can again target his sword in his hand, exactly like the first time it happens once he falls below 50% health, however hitting it will not do anything and you simply kill him in a cutscene
That's exactly the point of that. Sam is left vulnerable towards any attacks by hitting his hand/sword hilt (especially considering his overall exhaustion at that point as well), which staggers him long enough to allow you to perform the final blow with precision, resulting in the stab to his heart.

That's at least my perception of the final zandatsu of this fight.
interesting. it would be very good if it was actually effective, but unfortunately you will stab him regardless of succeeding in the zandatsu or not
Originally posted by kiaSscorched:
Originally posted by Noobydoo:
That's exactly the point of that. Sam is left vulnerable towards any attacks by hitting his hand/sword hilt (especially considering his overall exhaustion at that point as well), which staggers him long enough to allow you to perform the final blow with precision, resulting in the stab to his heart.

That's at least my perception of the final zandatsu of this fight.
interesting. it would be very good if it was actually effective, but unfortunately you will stab him regardless of succeeding in the zandatsu or not
As far as I can recall correctly from my past gameplay, the fight keeps going on when failing the zandatsu.
Originally posted by Noobydoo:
Originally posted by kiaSscorched:
interesting. it would be very good if it was actually effective, but unfortunately you will stab him regardless of succeeding in the zandatsu or not
As far as I can recall correctly from my past gameplay, the fight keeps going on when failing the zandatsu.
ah. well good to know still. when i said "fail" i meant hitting the red square, not missing entirely, so this was new to me. have to try it out next time i beat the game
Originally posted by kiaSscorched:
Originally posted by Noobydoo:
As far as I can recall correctly from my past gameplay, the fight keeps going on when failing the zandatsu.
ah. well good to know still. when i said "fail" i meant hitting the red square, not missing entirely, so this was new to me. have to try it out next time i beat the game
As far as I can recall, it'll also fail if you hit anything aside of the rectangle. I might replay that fight soon just to know for certain.
I've just tested it. You have to hit the rectangle during the final zandatsu to end the fight. otherwise failing to do so results in the fight to proceed. Sam also hits you immediately afterwards upon ending the zandatsu.

I've tested that in Revengeance mode but I believe this should work universally across all difficulties.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50