It gets so lonely here

It gets so lonely here

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
May 25, 2023 @ 8:21am
Typos/bugs
Hi everyone!

If you find any typos or bugs in this VN, please feel free to post them here! I'd like to make this story as polished as possible, and all reports will be appreciated!

Thank you for your time!

- ebi x
< >
Showing 1-15 of 36 comments
Hi ebi. Thanks for the awesome story!
I just finished the game (RU localization). And, well, I've never seen so many typos and other errors in the text! There are dozens, maybe even hundreds of them (there are a couple of examples on the screenshot). Listing them here is almost like copying half the text. That's a job for a proofreader. Now I'm seriously worried that something similar may occur in other games translated by the same person.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3002059880

Anyway, the original text is so well written that even such ridiculous translations can't ruin it. Thank you for such a pleasure!
Jul 14, 2023 @ 9:14am 
@ Frigidus

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately, I can't speak any Russian, so there is no way for me to assess the quality of the translation or check for typos. I would have to pay for somebody to comb through it and edit it for me, and that isn't a viable option.

My only real choices are to leave the translation as it is, or to remove it, if the quality is as poor as you seem to be suggesting.
Hello Ebi! I played this game in itch.io, then decided to play here too. I enjoyed the story quite a lot, thank you for making this! But I have a problem with the achievements. The game knew I finished it and first thing that I saw - story from the side of Medea. I've got 2 achievements from here, but still can't reach the other ones. Is there anything I can do?
Jul 25, 2023 @ 11:27am 
The achievements won't trigger properly if you played the Itch build already, because the game will 'remember' that you've already read it and it's already registered you as unlocking the achievements, even if you haven't.

You can fix this problem by deleting your persistent data.

Search your computer for a folder called: Itgetssolonelyhere-1674743864
There should be a file in here labelled 'persistent'. Delete it.
Then, go into your steamapps folder (where all your steam games are saved), go into Lonely's folder. There should be another file in here called 'persistent'. Delete that too, and the achieves should trigger when you play it next through Steam.
When you finish (and I mean fully) the game in the Notes tab second to last sentence goes don't go making contracts without witches should be "with", no?
There were two more typos in the VN itself (mermaid and I think princess stories) but I forgot to take a pic of those, sorry.

And it's a nice game, thank you :3
When I open the VN to try to go for a second ending, whether I load at the branching path or start a new file, it acts as though my mouse is rapidly right-clicking itself, making the software unusable. My mouse is fine though... I hope this can get addressed so I may fully enjoy this creation.
Nov 2, 2023 @ 5:30am 
Originally posted by Karin:
When I open the VN to try to go for a second ending, whether I load at the branching path or start a new file, it acts as though my mouse is rapidly right-clicking itself, making the software unusable. My mouse is fine though... I hope this can get addressed so I may fully enjoy this creation.

I've never seen anybody report a bug like this in any of my Ren'py VNs, or any other VNs built in Ren'py for that matter. I feel like it might be a problem either with your PC, or with the engine the game itself is built in. I'm doubtful there's anything I can do on my end to fix this, as I wouldn't know how to reproduce the issue. I'm sorry for the unhelpful reply.
Originally posted by ebihime:
Originally posted by Karin:
When I open the VN to try to go for a second ending, whether I load at the branching path or start a new file, it acts as though my mouse is rapidly right-clicking itself, making the software unusable. My mouse is fine though... I hope this can get addressed so I may fully enjoy this creation.

I've never seen anybody report a bug like this in any of my Ren'py VNs, or any other VNs built in Ren'py for that matter. I feel like it might be a problem either with your PC, or with the engine the game itself is built in. I'm doubtful there's anything I can do on my end to fix this, as I wouldn't know how to reproduce the issue. I'm sorry for the unhelpful reply.
Maybe it was just an off-day for my computer. I opened it without trying to stream it and did not experience this problem again. Thanks for the attention. :needy_heart:
Hi, thanks for creating the game!

After going through the whole game, in Russian translation, a couple of points really caught my eye - spelling errors:

1) Location shore: "Ты уж было собралась поспорить с её словами - скеазать ей, что ты не такая уж и красивая; не настолько - но ты боишься, что это было бы грубо.", in a simple translation in English it looks like this: "You were about to argue with her words-to tell her that you'not that pretty; not that pretty-but you're afraid that would be rude.". It would be correct to say, "Ты уж было собралась поспорить с её словами - сказать ей, что ты не такая уж и красивая; не настолько - но ты боишься, что это было бы грубо" I think the explanation is long, so for the second one I'll just insert the correct translation

2) Location shore: "Русалка показывает одной рукой к утесом, возвышающимся над берегов: высокие и внушительные, готовые словно пронзить небо." - "The mermaid points with one hand to the cliffs towering above the shores: tall and imposing, ready to pierce the sky.". It would be more correct, "Русалка показывает одной рукой к утёсам, возвышающимся над берегом: высокие и внушительные, готовые словно пронзить небо."

1) hkar.ru/18xrU

2) hkar.ru/18xrV
Someone tells me how to unlock the "Into the Woods" achievement because I already completed the game but it didn't come out at any point
Hy! I found something that i think is a bug. In the story where you find the curch, theres a line that appears two times, only in the spanish version, witch is "El edificio de piedra esta rodeado por un cementerio...".
Hi, russian transtation has some issues but it's not that huge. E.g.- "Еды и меня хватит", instead of "Еды у меня хватит", i stink
Originally posted by ebihime:
@ Frigidus

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately, I can't speak any Russian, so there is no way for me to assess the quality of the translation or check for typos. I would have to pay for somebody to comb through it and edit it for me, and that isn't a viable option.

My only real choices are to leave the translation as it is, or to remove it, if the quality is as poor as you seem to be suggesting.
Hi! Translation not so bad. I can fix typos for free for this game =)

P.S. Works great on steam deck! Texts read-friendly. Thank, ebi!
Jun 11, 2024 @ 11:20am 
Originally posted by 🥏 Mistafacha (◕‿◕):
after pressing D key I get errors everywhere

https://imgur.com/FgdxRIk.png
https://imgur.com/UDECqmM.png
https://imgur.com/CgkapFB.png

This is because you're trying to access developer mode, which isn't something players need to do.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 36 comments
Per page: 1530 50