AI Limit

AI Limit

View Stats:
quitting this game over the parry
I was having fun playing the game up until the cleansing knight guy the thing is when you parry it winds up and has a delay but also the enemy also has a delayed attack it just feels so awkward like with sekiro or stellar blade the enemy has delayed attacks but your parry is instant so it flows really great but in this game its just so unintuitive you have to time it and consider the delay but also the enemy delay Im just so sad because i love the games aesthetics so much but this parry mechanic is ughh i know i can get gud but i wanna git gud by having fast reflexes not this timing mess . This is the only souls like game i've played but idk maybe souls types are not for me its funny cuz up until this guy the bosses felt cheesy like every boss up until this one was easily cheesed with the parry this guy is just so hard to telegraph im def just quitting the game i tried the katana too but its too weak it just leaves you open i wish this game had the option of having the katana eureka but giving you more sync instead of punishing you for it that would be fun. I put in like 8 hours so i tried my best to like this game and master the parry but i just can't
< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
Idk the parry took me a long time as well but its just to get used to it.
Besides the sheild I think has a timing thing more like you want it, same as the thunder step.
And there is a weapon that you've passed or already found that has an instant parry attack on it. A katana M something name.
I thought like you do when I started, but now it feels more emersive to have the windup, since arisa actually has to raise her hand to block. And not just instantly do it like sekiro or stellar blade.
The flow is way different, but it also feels more"correct" if I can say that about a video game.

What im trying to say is that you're missing out if you give up this early
Originally posted by Nhat:
Idk the parry took me a long time as well but its just to get used to it.
Besides the sheild I think has a timing thing more like you want it, same as the thunder step.
And there is a weapon that you've passed or already found that has an instant parry attack on it. A katana M something name.
I thought like you do when I started, but now it feels more emersive to have the windup, since arisa actually has to raise her hand to block. And not just instantly do it like sekiro or stellar blade.
The flow is way different, but it also feels more"correct" if I can say that about a video game.

What im trying to say is that you're missing out if you give up this early
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEyVXxYdB4A
why do people sleep on the shield then quit because they can't get over the parry... just use the shield it's very viable, you can even guard his ulti with the shield and take minimum damage
The parry is not supposed to feel like a Sekiro parry, it's designed closer to the shield parries from Dark Souls/Elden Ring (though it's much stronger than those two) and should be treated similarly.
Attacking the boss with a railgun will temporarily stun it for a moment. This is less risky than using a counter field.

Using the Blader Greatsword Skill is also a good option.
every skill has a downside.
for the counter field its the timing.
for the shield its that fully charged its defense is lowered meaning you have to discharge it.
for the dash its range is limited but its quick and it offeres a limited payback mechanig
the last one the downside is costing health.

all of those do not impact sync rate much when fully utilized

spells and weaponskills are a netloss in syncrate but their effects can help a lot.
as the prev poster said: the laser has a high stun. same with a lot of weaponskills.
Another example of needing to meet the game half way.
I didn't read your chatGPT word vomit...but it's clear to me. This is a skill issue.
Then just don't parry? Why are you tying your enjoyment of the game to a single optional mechanic? I've never had much success with parrying anything aside from bosses I've fought so many times I have muscle memory of the frame timings of every attack, and still completed Semi-Void Form despite that.

Other frame skills like Lightning Step (especially with the Thunder Mastery Normal Seal) can easily supplant the parry's functionality, that being a confluence of both offense and defence.
You have shield and quick step later... Parry isnt mandatory.
Originally posted by Embers:
every skill has a downside.
for the counter field its the timing.
for the shield its that fully charged its defense is lowered meaning you have to discharge it.
for the dash its range is limited but its quick and it offeres a limited payback mechanig
the last one the downside is costing health.

all of those do not impact sync rate much when fully utilized

spells and weaponskills are a netloss in syncrate but their effects can help a lot.
as the prev poster said: the laser has a high stun. same with a lot of weaponskills.
Forget I understand what u said, mb will use but probably not
Originally posted by Specter:
I was having fun playing the game up until the cleansing knight guy the thing is when you parry it winds up and has a delay but also the enemy also has a delayed attack it just feels so awkward like with sekiro or stellar blade the enemy has delayed attacks but your parry is instant so it flows really great but in this game its just so unintuitive you have to time it and consider the delay but also the enemy delay Im just so sad because i love the games aesthetics so much but this parry mechanic is ughh i know i can get gud but i wanna git gud by having fast reflexes not this timing mess . This is the only souls like game i've played but idk maybe souls types are not for me its funny cuz up until this guy the bosses felt cheesy like every boss up until this one was easily cheesed with the parry this guy is just so hard to telegraph im def just quitting the game i tried the katana too but its too weak it just leaves you open i wish this game had the option of having the katana eureka but giving you more sync instead of punishing you for it that would be fun. I put in like 8 hours so i tried my best to like this game and master the parry but i just can't
Open spoilers on your own risk if u didnt complete game better return back when u complete it.
I completed the game recently and lets be real this boss is one of the most annoying I have to face cuz he just spammed roll attack and I just forgot about parry and just attacked him until hes dead (But this boss reward is CRAFTING WEAPONS so its seems legit why he so annoying), You will face him as mini boss or regular mob again but u really dont need to kill him again if u dont want to, I defeated every mob mini boss boss I could now only DLC is left, and Katana with parry do a lot of damage if u do parry right but if u could just spam Katana parry this weapon would be too OP, thats why u need to combine Hand + Katana parry, and its sometimes better to mix it cuz sometimes u can parry one thing with hand but boss dont care and here katana parry kicks in, cuz if u spam hand parry u can miss timing, but if u time hand and katana u can parry everything.
2.After secret spolier Ursula second boss fight everything was easy asf cuz I suppose to fight this boss almost to end of the game
3.This game mistake for me is not of delayed attacks really... but yeah its ♥♥♥♥ when u have fast asf boss and then its changes to very slow delayed boss attacks, but for me it was bad cuz bosses a lot really a lot time didnt reached me with their attacks or hitted behind my back but not me, that confused me too much that I hate it, a lot of parries that bosses didnt reached... what a joke
4.Hagis Patir location labyrinth is garbage its easy to skip something there, and blud added too much secrets with ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ loot
5.But most importantly WHY WE DONT GET LOSKID SWORD AS A WEAPON, WHO THE ♥♥♥♥ NEEDS THAT ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ LANCE OR SPEAR
6.And you dont get anything from Last boss fight with Aether and that Chocolate ♥♥♥♥♥ who steals your core or copy it for some reason

In conclusion: Dont give up buddy go and beat bosses and game, I completed DSptde, DS 2 (garbage), DS3, Elden Ring & Nightreign, Sekiro and its not that very different from Sekiro and Nightreign parry its just a little different, cuz u still parry, u still time it, u still beat enemy out of concentration or balance it almost same thing
Originally posted by medion_no:
You have shield and quick step later... Parry isnt mandatory.
Quick step is kinda garbage, yeah I know its purpose go save u from damage but damage it deals is pathetic, but using it as dodge yeah ofc i guess
Originally posted by Kyota:
I didn't read your chatGPT word vomit...but it's clear to me. This is a skill issue.
Its clear to me ur trolling behaviour need to be reported
Originally posted by Laughing kookaburra:
why do people sleep on the shield then quit because they can't get over the parry... just use the shield it's very viable, you can even guard his ulti with the shield and take minimum damage
Its question of determination :tobdog:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
Per page: 1530 50