TowerFall Ascension

TowerFall Ascension

View Stats:
TowerFall 8 Player Mod - Official vs Unofficial
Anyone know how different they are from one another?

Official: https://mattmakesgames.itch.io/towerfall-8-player
Unofficial: https://github.com/Jonesey13/TF-8-Player

Here's a list of differences that I'm aware of. Feel free to correct me.

Feature
Official
Unofficial
Maps
Expanded
Unchanged
Versus
6 players
8 players
Team Deathmatch
4 vs 4
3 vs 3
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Official has expanded maps for a little less chaos. However I'm pretty salty that it is nearly 9 dollars again and not a free update. I already paid full price for both the base game and Dark World.
I can't understand why this can't be made part of the full commercial game.
We still don't get it why the 8-mode player isn't being selled or updated. :AshleyRE4:
I also made an unofficial mod for FortRise that has expanded maps, 8 players and 4 vs 4 team deathmatch called WiderSetMod. It also has expanded 4 players Quest and 8 players Dark World as well, but those are still buggy and pretty much work in progress.
why isnt this sold or updated into the game... the switch has it but not pc????
Originally posted by SN1935:
why isnt this sold or updated into the game... the switch has it but not pc????

That's insulting, I agree. See, it's really common for indie devs to start with their humble game, build up a big audience on PC, and once they did, completely turn their back to the people who made them a success and absolutely selling out to consoles, especially Switch.

Another game that did this several times over is Overcooked, first by offering Switch-only cosmetics, and the second time with that awful All You Can Eat Repackage, which we understand them not making it a free upgrade (which they could, frankly) but they didn't even sell it at a discount for those who spent years buying all of their effin' DLC like fools, like I did.

So yeah, this is a case of the devs, Maddy Makes Games Inc, completely screwing their fanbase and queuing out to lick Nintendo´s exit hole.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50