Star Control: Origins

Star Control: Origins

View Stats:
re: Launcher for this game and a few others, like Galactic Civilizations 3 and 4 have this one crash issue
Often, I will launch this game and it will simply exit and not do anything. The next time I launch I get an error saying data1.dat s missing. I verify, steam downloads the 1 missing file, then it does like before, launches then exits, the next time i launch, the same data1.dat file missing
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
What OS are you running? I can bring this information to the community team.
I am also having this issue. I launch the game from Steam, get the next launcher, login, hit play, the launcher goes away, steam says it's running, but nothing is happening.
I have same issues.
I am running it under windows 11.
Can you go to Documents\My Games\GalCiv4\ and post the contents of the debug.err file? Are you launching the game from Steam? Also, did you happen to disable OneDrive?
My problem is with starcontrol origins. Does disabling onedrive help?
No, was curious if you had done so. Just tossing somethings out there.

Sorry about the wrong file location, check here:

Documents\My Games\Star Control

RunLog.txt
I found the runlog.txt file. What now?
Either post the contents of it here or can post a link on the discord. Alternatively you can post it using a file share website like Google Drive, Dropbox and share a link.
Not familiar with those.
Star Control RunLog.txt
Build description: v1.70 - FinalRelease - CookAssets=Off - NetworkAPI=Steam - DX11
User: Arrow
INISettings::DetermineVRAM dedicatedVideoMemory 7895MB dedicatedSystemMemory 0MB sharedSystemMemory 8018MB vendorID 10de deviceID 2d05
Originally posted by arrow_253693:
this helpful?
Мне помогло удалить все файлы в папке "c:\Users\*******\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Star Control\"
It helped me to delete all the files in the folder "c:\Users\*******\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Star Control\"
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50