Star Control: Origins

Star Control: Origins

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
(LIVE) v1.7 Update Changelog
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 21st, 2025 Hot Patch
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Fixed crash on loading old saves made before the v1.7 update
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 20th, 2025 Changelog
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gameplay Adjustments
  • Starting Campaign
    • Players now start with the Lander Jump ability
    • Players now start with 4 Landers
    • Player default Lander Crew increased from 6 to 8
    • Players now receive System Scanner from the Tywom in Sol system to help find items

  • Ship adjustments
    • Measured ship starting health reduced from 20hp to 14hp

Localization Updates
  • Added base game localization fixes for:
    • German and Chinese
  • Added Earth Rising Localization adjustments for:
    • French, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Russian, Chinese, and Spanish

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed missing cargo container icon
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Thank you!!!

Will there be new story DLCs in the future? I would love to buy them
Your update does not work with my save games. The game crashes every time I try to load a save game. It was running fine before the last patch. I suggest a fast solution and more testing of patches in the future.
Same issue, after patch, game crashes loading my saved games :(
+1 to crashes. Got back into the game about a week ago. Everything was fine up until today. Tried loading four different save files - all are crahsing.
May 21, 2025 @ 7:38am 
Originally posted by Davypi:
+1 to crashes. Got back into the game about a week ago. Everything was fine up until today. Tried loading four different save files - all are crahsing.
Hello! We just pushed a fix to address this issue concerning previous save compatability!
May 21, 2025 @ 7:38am 
Originally posted by mehr1:
Your update does not work with my save games. The game crashes every time I try to load a save game. It was running fine before the last patch. I suggest a fast solution and more testing of patches in the future.
Hello! We just pushed a fix to address this issue concerning previous save compatibility!
I also would love to see more DLC for this game. Such a great game, but somehow it feels a little empty --- maybe more to do on the planets...?
Well, thanks for this, at least you are trying; but I still can't change the name of the ship!

I mean, I change it, but it's still called Vindicator, so it doesn't stick!
Hello. Thank you for adding Russian language to Earth Rising. But, unfortunately, the update broke the captain's log. Now, instead of lines with descriptions of the necessary events, some links are displayed - for example, CaptainsLog_DestroyNorast or CaptainsLog_MeetAgent71
Originally posted by RammaStardock:
Originally posted by mehr1:
Your update does not work with my save games. The game crashes every time I try to load a save game. It was running fine before the last patch. I suggest a fast solution and more testing of patches in the future.
Hello! We just pushed a fix to address this issue concerning previous save compatibility!
I cannot save games. I started a new game, but then realized it wasn't actually saving anything so the game is essentially unplayable. That includes if I load old games and try to save those.
Originally posted by Darknife777:
Originally posted by RammaStardock:
Hello! We just pushed a fix to address this issue concerning previous save compatibility!
I cannot save games. I started a new game, but then realized it wasn't actually saving anything so the game is essentially unplayable. That includes if I load old games and try to save those.
It's strange, but I was doing well with saves yesterday.
Originally posted by Darknife777:
Originally posted by RammaStardock:
Hello! We just pushed a fix to address this issue concerning previous save compatibility!
I cannot save games. I started a new game, but then realized it wasn't actually saving anything so the game is essentially unplayable. That includes if I load old games and try to save those.

Have you restarted steam client and verified files?
May 23, 2025 @ 9:58am 
Originally posted by Jonathan Hunt:
Hello. Thank you for adding Russian language to Earth Rising. But, unfortunately, the update broke the captain's log. Now, instead of lines with descriptions of the necessary events, some links are displayed - for example, CaptainsLog_DestroyNorast or CaptainsLog_MeetAgent71
Hello! Thanks for the report, the team is looking into the issue
May 23, 2025 @ 9:59am 
Originally posted by Darknife777:
Originally posted by RammaStardock:
Hello! We just pushed a fix to address this issue concerning previous save compatibility!
I cannot save games. I started a new game, but then realized it wasn't actually saving anything so the game is essentially unplayable. That includes if I load old games and try to save those.
Hello! Just following up. Has this issue persisted after validating files or reinstalling the game?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 1530 50