Space Hulk Ascension (Classic)

Space Hulk Ascension (Classic)

Leaderboards Rogue Mode
Hey,
I just finished Faith and Glory and found where the leaderboards were hidden :p
But atm there is only my name and none other?
clicked global and friends.Seems odd that noone else played it in the ~6 hours since release?
If someoe has more knowledge on steam leaderboards or direct me at my thinking error, thanks in advance

Thanks to FC and best wishes!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
So far, it''s just you and me on the Leaderboards, you for Faith and Glory and myself for Bloody Powerfist.

I actually had to re-load and re-complete the last mission of it, because I was in offline mode and that prevented the score from being registered.

I'll have a crack at Faith and Glory later, but something (i.e. my experience with Bloody Powerfist) tells me that using max-lvl IF on normal difficulty with teleporters might not exactly make for a fair comparison. ;)
Dunno if you'll be seeing my name on any leaderboards. Played through all the modes three or four times during tests, so it may be a while before I have the energy to give them another go. :tank:

Then again... it would probably be a good idea to test through them again now that the board is functional. :squirtheh:
Originally posted by jackx:
So far, it''s just you and me on the Leaderboards, you for Faith and Glory and myself for Bloody Powerfist.

I actually had to re-load and re-complete the last mission of it, because I was in offline mode and that prevented the score from being registered.

I'll have a crack at Faith and Glory later, but something (i.e. my experience with Bloody Powerfist) tells me that using max-lvl IF on normal difficulty with teleporters might not exactly make for a fair comparison. ;)

good to know its working! I wondered too about the fact you could use your experienced teams but i like it that way. a) you have something like endgamecontent/ng+ b) you have a goal (build up a good team)
more motivation is always good for a agame (maybe not for my IF because i will "train" them again and most probbably lose some in the process^^)
... I facepalm myself that I didn't think of trying to save. I was curious how it worked it and after each level I said to myself: 1 more level till all die^^
and congrats to your score mate =)

Originally posted by datguy13:
Dunno if you'll be seeing my name on any leaderboards. Played through all the modes three or four times during tests, so it may be a while before I have the energy to give them another go. :tank:

Then again... it would probably be a good idea to test through them again now that the board is functional. :squirtheh:

That explains why your name isn't there yet, skyrocking it =)
Imagine Datguy getting a headstart for the Roguemode eh?! Hey, that´s cheating man. Lol. Just wait till Datguy is givin it a crack. It will show datguy13 as #1 on the Leaderboards.
Originally posted by Kundaks:
Imagine Datguy getting a headstart for the Roguemode eh?! Hey, that´s cheating man. Lol. Just wait till Datguy is givin it a crack. It will show datguy13 as #1 on the Leaderboards.

Yeah, I was actually hoping that the scores I got during testing wouldn't show. I test for Neocoregames as well, and unfortunately for their Deathtrap game, all of the testers did actually end up dominating the Leaderboards for quite a while because of a "head start". >.< I didn't want to see a repeat of that. Thankfully, Mr. Lund waited to enable the Leaderboard until Rogue's release, so everyone gets a fair shot.

LOL.. besides, we're scored in Rogue in part based on the number of turns used to accomplish the Mission, and I'm a tactical "plodder". I like to take my time, so I often use alot of extra turns to accomplish missions. So although I appreciate the compliments, I'd be a bit surprised if I placed higher than like... #200 on any of them. XD
I'm not in a position to really try, as I would have to start new playthroughs for that,, but just out of curiosity, can Easy and Custom difficulty (which can't unlock achievements) score on the leaderboards?

If so, that'd probably be the surest way to a high score, blitzing on Easy/Custom equivalent with a max-level, max-AP squad...
Originally posted by jackx:
I'm not in a position to really try, as I would have to start new playthroughs for that,, but just out of curiosity, can Easy and Custom difficulty (which can't unlock achievements) score on the leaderboards?

If so, that'd probably be the surest way to a high score, blitzing on Easy/Custom equivalent with a max-level, max-AP squad...

I can't say for sure (I don't feel that my sample size is large enough for testing), but I believe the Difficulty of the mode is locked into something which sort of straddles the lines between Normal and Hard. I used a couple of different Normal Mode games, a couple of Hard Mode games, and even an Impossible and a Custom game's Squads during the testing, and all of them seemed to have similar spawn frequencies and enemy Biomorph types.

I've only ever played on Easy Mode once, way the Hell back in early November of last year right before the game's initial release. It was strictly to test just how easy "Easy Mode" is, and after confirming that it in no way gave a solid representation of game play, I abandoned that game entirely. Unfortunately, it has since been deleted even from my multiple back-ups of my save file, so I can't even test it now. I guess the closed one might get to a "pure" save would be using a Random squad selected in the Rogue mode. I suppose I can also check my wife's copy to see if she has an Easy Mode campaign available, but even she switched to Normal Mode games after only a few missions, so it's doubtful she has any saves as well.

From a tactical standpoint, I'm not sure that blitzing with a high-AP squad would help though. You get points for Kill Count as well, and as you unlock the Secondary Objectives, spawn frequency and quality increases, so it would be very easy to get overrun in a blitz attempt, I would imagine.
The first Bloody Powerfist mission took me 7 turns iirc, and I stayed <20 turns for all 4 of them.
Combat was negligible, and generally only happened in those instances where I couldn't completely teleport-bypass obstacles or outrun the GS.

That was on normal (+1 AP), but with AG3 terminators. Doing it on Easy/Custom and with AG5 should get me 3 extra AP/turn.

Throw in the Fireproof perk and some combiflamers (I used Crusher THSS x3, AC, Sgt), and one could probably squeeze even more speed out of the squad.
Making better use of teleport deployment (I only used it for my heavy, to bypass obstacles since he can't have a personal teleporter) could also be used to increase speed, having just 1-2 terminators run the map, and then dropping the other ones on the exit.

I haven't tried the other two ranked seeds yet, so I don't know if they're similarly susceptible to this approach.

The other option of course would be to just drag out the mission endlessly when there is no risk of dying, as eventually, the kill count ought to overtake any and all methods of scoring... but I for one have neither the patience nor inclination to test that.
Ok, explain pls. When you start a new Roguemode there are 3 Campaigns. Darkest Terror, Faith & Glory and Bloody Powerfist. But I see the maps you play on are named Purge and then you move into the one called Into the Depths. That´s as far as I come till now. So, are these part of the Darkest Terror in like 3-4 maps, and then you move onto Faith & Glory which also contains 3-4 maps and so on? Or are like Darkest Terror the last map you will come to in that set of maps where the very last one is actually named Darkest Terror?

Cause it seems to me it is not possible to actually choose which one you want.
The rogue mode generates a series of missions, a "seed", based on the code that you input.

What you call "campaigns" in the rogue mode are three seeds that have been given names and leaderboards to compare our scores, but if you look at the bottom left of the screen when selecting them you can still see the code that they're based on, like any other seed.

The actual mission names and descriptions for the missions of each seed are just a bit of flavour text and are not important.


Update on my earlier post about difficulty and optimized runs:

It appears the Rogue mode runs entirely on its own unadjustable difficulty setting - Normal difficulty based on looking at saves - no matter what difficulty a squad is imported from.

On the bright side, this means everyone's playing by the same rules for the leaderboard seeds,, on the less bright side, those rules aren't all that challenging for the terminators.



The only one I can actually see on the Leaderboards is Rotwelsch. Faith & Glory.
Played through all of them and did not turn up in the leaderboards. No idea why. Anyway, AG 6, teleport homers and devices are the way to go.
Where are the Leaderboards? Just finished first "campaign", got a "new high score", but no mention of any Leaderboards. Am I doing something wrong?
Had to search them myself because I never got in contact with leaderboards here on steam.
on the overview of your games library on the right side just below community-hub
and there are two registers. achievements and leadboard (or something like that, I run the german version)
There you can view them for the three "standard" rogue mission seed. Global and friends only
Originally posted by Rotwelsch:
Had to search them myself because I never got in contact with leaderboards here on steam.
on the overview of your games library on the right side just below community-hub
and there are two registers. achievements and leadboard (or something like that, I run the german version)
There you can view them for the three "standard" rogue mission seed. Global and friends only

Thanks for that. Took me an age but I found it! Only to find I'm told I have no entry on the Leaderboard...I've finished a campaign and scored points so why is this?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
Per page: 1530 50