Half-Life 2: Deathmatch

Half-Life 2: Deathmatch

Where we all talk about why FASTPATH should be AVOIDED at all costs...
For those who are unaware, you should follow Henky's guide here:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2502626384

Otherwise, here is a quick rundown (which I posted previously elsewhere) as to why FASTPATH should not exist...
  • Fastpath servers use 'fake' feeder servers that duplicate other, genuine server's hostnames and simply redirect those clients to Fastpath servers, when the clients expected to connect to an entirely different server that they already knew of (or thought their friends were playing at.)
  • They use the avatar and other client-info of any players who do connect for duplicate in-game multiplayer bots and fake 'feeder' accounts. (I do not know if they give this info to more malicious scammers, but - while unsupported at this time - it is possible they do.)
  • They used to invoke exploits in the MOTD browser to force (afk) clients to waste their CPU on crypto-farming, until Valve patched such html/MOTD browser vulnerabilities. (But for all I know, they still do this somehow, but I am not gonna connect and find out.)
  • The 'fake' and suspiciously unverifiable social-networked supporters of fastpath attempt to defame and slander legitimate source/hl2dm communities that do NOT use bots to inflate their own traffic numbers.
  • They (used to?) force clients to view their MOTD web-browser that is literally a page asking for donations in order to 'save' hl2dm/their server, when I can tell you that hosting a hl2dm server (which I have done by myself for decades) is very, very cheap.
  • People who do donate are apparently given 'boosts' that can allegedly give those players a modded advantage over other non-paying clients.

But, again, I am probably forgetting some other controversy, so if anyone else has any FASTPATH HORROR STORIES to share, please do.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 130 comments
fastpath touched my naughty-bits without consent
Why don't we talk about how you and a few other server owners constantly spread lies about Fastpath? Stuff like the crypto mining ♥♥♥♥ literally never happened, you made that up or you heard it from somebody else who made it up. There is absolutely 0 evidence that it ever happened, just like all of the other wild rumours going around
I see you are back again to defend the scum server, I have a screen shot of them using my server name. I have posted it here before surprised you didn't comment how much a liar i was back then.
Copy and paste this link in a browser, my server with the scam server below playing a ♥♥♥♥ stock map and with 15/32 players.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/f6xh9zscqhciw30eyi3ho/Server-Fake.jpg?rlkey=brq9a5vjqjm7gd802tbm3m2eg&dl=0

First - my server only plays a stock map when it reboots and it isnt dm_resistance
Second - I have never had a 32 player server.
Originally posted by Your Boi:
Why don't we talk about how you and a few other server owners constantly spread lies about Fastpath? Stuff like the crypto mining ♥♥♥♥ literally never happened, you made that up or you heard it from somebody else who made it up. There is absolutely 0 evidence that it ever happened, just like all of the other wild rumours going around. You dudes are some serious clowns for being 30, 40, 50 years old and ♥♥♥♥ and still spreading nonsense about competing video game communities on the internet

can't make a blind man see. they have most definitely faked popular server names to redirect traffic to their piece of crap server. as of writing this, there is 4 hours left until their "shutdown", i'm sure the entirety of the source multiplayer community would relish their untimely demise.

no one is "competing", as far as i'm concerned, it is all of us against them.
Originally posted by Your Boi:
Originally posted by feedays:

can't make a blind man see. they have most definitely faked popular server names to redirect traffic to their piece of crap server. as of writing this, there is 4 hours left until their "shutdown", i'm sure the entirety of the source multiplayer community would relish their untimely demise.

no one is "competing", as far as i'm concerned, it is all of us against them.
I never said that they don't steal other server names or that they don't ask for donations. It's all of the other ♥♥♥♥ like crypto miners, stealing steam Auth tickets, holding accounts ransom, etc. that you guys love coming up with despite the fact that there's no proof of that and literally none of it ever happened

you forgot to mention the overwhelming amount of redirect servers to funnel traffic to their bot-ridden server with the bots being masked as actual players.

you know what, nevermind....

a bee doesn't waste it's time explaining to a fly why honey is better than ♥♥♥♥.
♥♥♥♥ = POOP
can't wait to see how squiddy will react to this.
Originally posted by Your Boi:
Why don't we talk about how you and a few other server owners constantly spread lies about Fastpath? Stuff like the crypto mining ♥♥♥♥ literally never happened, you made that up or you heard it from somebody else who made it up. There is absolutely 0 evidence that it ever happened, just like all of the other wild rumours going around. You dudes are some serious clowns for being 30, 40, 50 years old and ♥♥♥♥ and still spreading nonsense about competing video game communities on the internet
They just can't cope with a popular server getting high levels of reach and donations! I believe that it's a bugs if jealously! Fastpath have never done any cryptonym mining; where do they think of these lies? I think they are losing donations on their servers and are trying to get more donations for themselves; they are greedy for money.
Squiddy Alt account makes an appearance....
Originally posted by ultimatesquidgaming1:
They just can't cope with a popular server getting high levels of reach and donations! I believe that it's a bugs if jealously! Fastpath have never done any cryptonym mining; where do they think of these lies? I think they are losing donations on their servers and are trying to get more donations for themselves; they are greedy for money.

A server full of bots does not make it popular it makes it a pathetic scam to catch the unaware and new players.

If you need to beg for donations the way FastPath do you really shouldnt have a server, but I would imagine that the server owner is making a good bit of money off the poor saps that pay to play stock maps, more fool you for doing it. I've said it before if you want to play bots start a listen server and add the autumn bots FOC and no dumb admins to deal with.

Got banned ? pay a fee to get unbanned and play with bots... who would be dumb enough to fall for that crap.
Originally posted by Your Boi:
Why don't we talk about how you and a few other server owners constantly spread lies about Fastpath? Stuff like the crypto mining ♥♥♥♥ literally never happened, you made that up or you heard it from somebody else who made it up. There is absolutely 0 evidence that it ever happened, just like all of the other wild rumours going around. You dudes are some serious clowns for being 30, 40, 50 years old and ♥♥♥♥ and still spreading nonsense about competing video game communities on the internet

Zero evidence? I literally name-dropped one piece of evidence, and I hope Turdonken swoops in and mocks me for trying to "pick names up off the floor" again.

And, the guide I posted LITERALLY shows people the more pervasive and egregious reason FastPath is hated : you people impersonate servers. That's enough to be banned/blocked from hl2dm as a whole.

As for the 30-50 year olds... who are you again? When did you start plaything this over TWENTY YEARS OLD game? Of course most 'real' people are that old. We are the natives. You're the outsider here, or maybe whoever coded you is, as you strike me as a Squid-Shill-Class bot.
Originally posted by ultimatesquidgaming1:
They just can't cope with a popular server getting high levels of reach and donations! I believe that it's a bugs if jealously! Fastpath have never done any cryptonym mining; where do they think of these lies? I think they are losing donations on their servers and are trying to get more donations for themselves; they are greedy for money.

Read above, if the LLM your based on is able to.

I have never asked for money, so who here has? I am sure the individual formerly known as Patrick Sheets aka "Scorp" (who may in fact have transitioned their gender as of late, so I don't know how to address them properly,) might have done shady stuff as a server-admin (such as coding admin-only .smx cheats,) but none of those exploits come close to how widespread the community hijacking is from FASTPATH's fake servers and constant requests for money.

Did feedays ask anyone for money with a MOTD? Did SF? did Lokis? Did Steve's place?

I have presented evidence, so where the hell is yours?

EDIT: For anyone thinking I am trolling or doxxing with the Scorp comment, I am not. I base my assertion of that 'plausible' possibility on how Xeogin has spoken to me about the individual in question. Sure, yeah, I have had my issues with that person in the past, but I only mean to address people how they wish to be identified.
god i love dm_newguy_b2
Originally posted by B.n.B Steve:
Squiddy Alt account makes an appearance....
i summoned him.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 130 comments
Per page: 1530 50