Half-Life 2: Deathmatch

Half-Life 2: Deathmatch

Public pressure can 'solve' the FASTPATH issue...
Yesterday, I was banned for posting the youtube link below, after being reported by users affiliated with FastPath; however that ban was rescinded, as you can all see here:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3762198354

And here is the video Feedays made that got us both (temp) banned:
https://youtu.be/hLQ3FkVGLVQ

Feedays was likely auto-banned in other Source game's discussion hubs for posting the same video multiple times, or perhaps something more nefarious was going on with certain Steam community mods; whatever the reason, the public pressure from all of you REAL hl2dm/source gamers is being noticed. Thank you.

More content and coverage of this issue will follow., we just gotta keep pushing.

And we have another victory - FastPath stopped duplicating server names in hl2dm - but they still do it in other Source-engine games. We need to keep up the pressure.

Please censor your own discussions with steam support before uploading them in any public forum, should you choose to do that. Do NOT allow your account name, email, or ticket number to be visible, and (as you prolly saw) I remove the mod's names as well. Valve does save all ticket info on their backend, even after 8 weeks, so they will be able to see it's legit and leave you alone. But try to be professional, which I - myself - sometimes... am... not?

As Henky would say (and rightly so) it doesn't help to be overly derisive. It's possible a given mod is not totally impartial, sure, but that it's more likely that they just don't have the best perspective on this subject matter and are overworked with tickets.

Don't let the bots and trolls bother you any longer. The bot-farmers are scared like a Mutha Fugga now, as they should be.

Keep it up. We got this.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
I was also banned from the steam discussion forum for "spamming" since when was I doing such a thing?
Originally posted by Melraik:
I was also banned from the steam discussion forum for "spamming" since when was I doing such a thing?

Just assume anything you do that speaks out against them will be reported to steam, I'm sure they tried it with my posts as well like with everyone elses but so far I did not get banned.

If you accuse anyone of anything do it polite and make sure to remind people of the evidence in the post like I have been doing.

And don't post more than once unless you have something to reply to.

Basically understand that any reply that gets reported whoever handles the reports is only going to see that comment. They aren't going to do research on what you are talking about they probably don't have time for that. So if you insult someone or even just call them scammers or spammers and its completely out of context then whoever handles the report will think you are just harassing and then the fake reports work.

The reason I can get away with replying and warning is because I stick to the topic. I don't make it personal and just debunk their arguments or clarify the situation. So far I have never been banned, so its safe to assume that the posts that probably got reported were deemed by support as not a problem.

So whatever you do, just keep that in mind. Theres no point in getting banned over this stuff when we don't have to be. And we want new people to understand what is going on, not to witness a back and forth flamewar. That won't make anyone look good.
Originally posted by Melraik:
I was also banned from the steam discussion forum for "spamming" since when was I doing such a thing?
Record and Screenshot everything.

Take screen shots (or pictures) of your steam tickets and community messages, copy everything into documents. If you don't know already, Libre Office is free and really easy to use with the their Libre-Writer (Microsoft word replacement) for pasting text and images. Just use a page break for each pasted image next to exact post or conversation, and using custom resolutions for screenshots is how a tech-nub like me gets all the details captured and cropped correctly (I literally have only used simple MS-paint-like apps for this.)

Save 2 versions of all your documented conversations, be them from public threads or private tickets. One should contain the OG/raw data and the other should have your steam info (account name, email, etc.) and any Ticket #numbers censored, as that info can be used to hijack your account if posted publicly. I also censor mod names, as this is ultimately a Valve issue, not a single employee issue. And Valve saves every ticket anyways.

Please feel free to screenshot, censor, and send me w/e Valve has told you about why you were 'spamming.' Ask them for direct quotes of the rules & guidelines or Steam Subscriber Agreement (SSA-ToS) of what you 'violated.' This helps 'real' mods see how bot reports from FastPath people are what led to the moderator action, which can lead to those mod actions being reversed. Never delete your access to any ticket or community message without backing it up.
One thing I should make clear, random users commenting on a YouTube video can come from anywhere, and that is YouTube's issue. Don't be a moron and think the comments of a video speak to the video itself, as some FastPath supporters would try and have people believe.

EDIT: Also, as noted in another thread, if FastPath treated their bots like this, no one would have an issue with (or reason to play on) their servers...
Originally posted by The New Guy™:
...bots would be fine if...
  • They are clearly labeled as such [eg: "{BOT}" is in their display-name.]
  • They don't imitate or duplicate any steam account, with a custom 'branding' being used as every bot's avatar (related to the clear labeling, ofc.)
  • They do NOT manipulate Steam Auth Ticket data in order to inflate their activity.
  • They do NOT count towards the total number of 'real' connected clients in any way, shape, or form.
Gonna address this on-topic post from another thread, which can be seen here:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/320/discussions/0/569288501510662280/?ctp=2#c577173563817078226
Which said this (without the stupid blue header formatting:)
Originally posted by Your Boi:
I find it hard to believe that the goal is not to destroy Fastpath, when the youtube channel that uploaded that one video you guys keep linking hearted a comment which is literally a borderline death threat towards the owners of Fastpath

There's also a comment on there that literally suggests people should start a militia and "overthrow Valve"

I don't want to expose or demonize anybody, but the fact that none of those have been removed by the owner of the channel and are seemingly evenly supported by him doesn't really match up with what you're claiming your movement is trying to do
I just now took a look, and I don't see any of the comments you claim exist. I guess that might be another fastpath lie? or maybe it takes youtube mods a bit to clean up ANY video ever? Nah, that would be too reasonable... yeah...

Fastpath is so damn pathetic.

EDIT: In case people are unable to scroll upwards and see the video in question, here is the link again...
https://youtu.be/hLQ3FkVGLVQ
Originally posted by The New Guy™:
Yesterday, I was banned for posting the youtube link below, after being reported by users affiliated with FastPath; however that ban was rescinded, as you can all see here:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3762198354

And here is the video Feedays made that got us both (temp) banned:
https://youtu.be/hLQ3FkVGLVQ

Feedays was likely auto-banned in other Source game's discussion hubs for posting the same video multiple times, or perhaps something more nefarious was going on with certain Steam community mods; whatever the reason, the public pressure from all of you REAL hl2dm/source gamers is being noticed. Thank you.

More content and coverage of this issue will follow., we just gotta keep pushing.

And we have another victory - FastPath stopped duplicating server names in hl2dm - but they still do it in other Source-engine games. We need to keep up the pressure.

Please censor your own discussions with steam support before uploading them in any public forum, should you choose to do that. Do NOT allow your account name, email, or ticket number to be visible, and (as you prolly saw) I remove the mod's names as well. Valve does save all ticket info on their backend, even after 8 weeks, so they will be able to see it's legit and leave you alone. But try to be professional, which I - myself - sometimes... am... not?

As Henky would say (and rightly so) it doesn't help to be overly derisive. It's possible a given mod is not totally impartial, sure, but that it's more likely that they just don't have the best perspective on this subject matter and are overworked with tickets.

Don't let the bots and trolls bother you any longer. The bot-farmers are scared like a Mutha Fugga now, as they should be.

Keep it up. We got this.
That video is sliders; we are reporting it constantly.
Originally posted by SquiddyGaming:
That video is sliders; we are reporting it constantly.

There's a shock, the FastPath way is to report anything that does not fit their narrative.
Thanks for that, amazing video btw
glad you're unbanned
Originally posted by SquiddyGaming:
That video is sliders; we are reporting it constantly.
Again, if you have nothing productive to say, just say nothing at all.
Originally posted by LaFrite:
Thanks for that, amazing video btw
glad you're unbanned
Ty, and it's funny how the FastPath trolls only get active when they 'think' I am gonna be banned for an extended period of time.
For those of you who play other source games, feel free to post this video in their discussion boards, but phrase it in a very 'human' manner. Talk about how hl2dm-people are pushing back on botnets like fastpath, and we forced them to stop making fake redirection servers in our game, which means other source games can do the same with enough exposure.

So make sure you establish how this video is, in fact, on-topic for your game; show how fastpath does exist within your game, and then ask how other community members feel their game is being treated by Valve. The more substantial language you use, the more the fastpath botnet trolls cannot claim your post is bot-spam.

I'll have more videos out here soon, which will be far more personable with the pervasive botnet problems Steam has overall.
Kinda crazy how you keep getting falsy banned tbh
Originally posted by LaFrite:
Kinda crazy how you keep getting falsy banned tbh
Yes, but the bans get expunged after the fact, which is why my next (unjustified) ban is only for the minimum one-day. And the mods who do the banning give me more and more evidence of Steam's underlying issues with contracting mod/ticket-handling companies.

A better solution would be 'over-mods' of our own choosing, with people that have 1000+ hours (in hl2dm) as well as a 'high-enough' Steam Profile level and 'unique' (not-bot-like) community engagement being allowed to vote for such positions. But that only really works for a smaller game like hl2dm. Another type of system would scale better, but I'll discuss that in a more appropriate forum.

In case anyone is wondering, I nominate Humam to be the hl2dm discussions 'over-mod' - who can both see an approve other (randomly assigned) mod actions and handle tickets in a more precise manner himself - and he can correct 'other' mods accordingly. But, again, this will be re-discussed in another forum/video.
Humam:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/no___dots
And yes, Fastpath fanbois, I have Humam's permission to mention him like this. But go ahead and try to report me anyway, you trolls.
"Topic by blocked user"
"Blocked user - Show"
They are on my plonker list so that is all I see when they post topics or reply to threads. I hope it blocks them from sending me friends requests too.
I suggest you lot block them as well
Originally posted by Mr Keefy:
"Topic by blocked user"
"Blocked user - Show"
They are on my plonker list so that is all I see when they post topics or reply to threads. I hope it blocks them from sending me friends requests too.
I suggest you lot block them as well
We are the best best best best best. Sit down and play play play play. Lets go on Fastpath tonight! It's always a good time! Tick tonk on my computer, hit the mouse again? The bots continue playing every single day. It's always a good time!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Per page: 1530 50