skate.
Not the statement I was expecting
https://x.com/skate/status/2108588343424380939

I am genuinely surprised that Full Circle (and seemingly EA as well since they allowed this to be posted publicly) are allowing the team behind ReSkate to exist as long as they avoid paid content and temporarily gated locations.

Thank you all on both sides for the hard work that has been put into Skate. and ReSkate. I can't wait to see the future of the game!
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
What can they do? The main Game is already down to a few daily players, from over 130k at release.
Reskate brought new live to a dead game.

I guess EA is already thinking about how they could pull the plug, its cleary behind their financial expectations.

If they are smart they close down this soulless game and develop a proper Skate 4, based on the Feedback and without any online live service microtransaction crap.
And maybe hire some real Skateboarders, not the EA market research Team that tried to get a new family friendly Fortnite.

I know this will never happen, but one can still dream. :(
I think people are not reading between the lines (or don't know EA/FC) and are saying it's a W and/or are expecting something entirely different from what EA/FC are actually preparing. It's a difficult topic to elaborate on here, given the chance of a ban.
This is the current Reskate stance on it

Update on Game Versions

We will not be keeping up with updates to the live game. We're staying on the build we're currently on, and that isn't going to change.

That means new content, features, or fixes added to the live version of skate. won't show up here. If you want the latest stuff, play the official game.

Please don't ask when we're updating or whether new seasons or content are coming. The answer is that we aren't.

Thanks for understanding

I don't think it will be plain sailing for them. that was not a "we are fine with Reskate" message
Originally posted by m@gicpanda:
I don't think it will be plain sailing for them. that was not a "we are fine with Reskate" message

That's been their stance from the beginning though. They only had to clarify it a day after they went public with the build due to it being such a frequently asked question. And since their stance matches the ground rules FC have stated
Where we have to draw the line is when mods or other tools bypass our systems to unlock paid cosmetics, release gated/unreleased content, or profit from these unautorized assets
they are probably going to be just fine. Of course they need to monitor the thunderstore page pretty thoroughly now to make sure the community doesn't overstep the boundaries but they were already removing cosmetic unlockers way before the official announcement from FC.
Well, I hope Full Circle will take note on night time, S.K.A.T.E throwdown and TEXT CHAT (When will they finally add it??). Just text chat alone is making me stick with reskate rather than playing the base game. It brings such a nice social aspect, I already made a few new friends.
I'm currently on the github and I'm running into errors when tring to downlaod the launcher same for yall?
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50