MYTH
Talking About the Horror Elements
So, I've sort of wandered into this game almost-blind- I took a chance on it because I was told it was 'like Higurashi.' I freaking love Higurashi.
But Higurashi by this point is sort of almost-familiar to me (I watched the anime, the old versions without the new art were my first purchases from Mangagamer, etc)/

I have absolutely NO IDEA what I'm getting into with MYTH, though (the title doesn't really lend itself to easy Googling, so I couldn't look up any spoilers if I tried). I'm very early on, but... That random scene with someone and their mother eating the narrator's arms was enough to make me glad I wasn't eating anything myself while reading. Urgh, the veins...

So, anyone run into anything that made them flinch yet? Or want to drop some vague spoilers as to what I got myself into? :beatriceemo:
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
I love Higurashi too, but I'm not sure describing it as like Higurashi is quite right. The strength of Higurashi's horror is derived mainly from the author's ability to immerse the narration in the feeling of paranoia and insanity. I'm about 7 hours in and MYTH feels different. That scene with the eating is very early in and to be honest that "horror" didn't really do it for me (kinda felt edgy), but there's freakier stuff later. There's a whole assortment of surreal WTF scenes that will hit you from around Day 11 to 14, which is also where the VN starts getting interesting. It's difficult to say without spoiling it. At least so far there's two types I've seen: Gory descriptions of really screwed up scenes, and surreal stuff that makes you not want to look at the screen. MYTH's horror so far seems to serve a different purpose from Higurashi, making you feel that there's something very strange going on (at least for anything to make sense).

Anyway, I'm not sure where this is all leading up to since the plot has maybe I/O levels of convolutedness. But the concept behind it is very unique at least and it has my attention. If you're kinda put off by the writing and scenes in the beginning like I was keep going cause the surface plot being bad is actually relevant to the real plot.
Same scene ♥♥♥♥♥♥ me up. I had to take a break a bit after that scene. My god. Described it to my partner and friend that love horror, and they were disgusted, just from me describing it.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50