Dark Pals: The 1st Floor

Dark Pals: The 1st Floor

View Stats:
Why was the demo taken down?
I don't understand why the demo was taken down. The game is, to be honest, quite poorly optimized, so it was a useful method for figuring out whether the game will run. I just became aware of its removal when I was looking at my completed games and saw one that was grayed out.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
We removed the demo when the game was released. Unfortunately we are a small team and some technical limitations meant we couldn't update the demo, so it wasn't representative of the quality nor optimization of the full game.

What about the optimization was lacking for you? We appreciate the feedback so we can keep making the game better!
Originally posted by Rik (Skunx):
We removed the demo when the game was released. Unfortunately we are a small team and some technical limitations meant we couldn't update the demo, so it wasn't representative of the quality nor optimization of the full game.

What about the optimization was lacking for you? We appreciate the feedback so we can keep making the game better!
It's been a while since I played the demo, but I remember the lighting being very broken if set to either low or medium, even being pitch black in some areas. It's good to know that you worked to fix those problems for the full version.

I still have an issue with the demo being taken down. It messed up the achievements on my profile, so now it's stuck in a weird state where I have the demo achievements but when I try to view or open it, it just takes me to the store page.

I know it seems like such an insignificant thing to be bothered by, but I just can't help it. Usually I would just remove the achievements myself through console commands, but since I don't have the license for the demo, I can't do that in this case.

If you guys are able to do something about this, I'll buy TWO copies of the full game. Hand on the Bible.
Originally posted by Eltrik_Ave:
It's been a while since I played the demo, but I remember the lighting being very broken if set to either low or medium, even being pitch black in some areas. It's good to know that you worked to fix those problems for the full version.

The lighting has been completely overhauled for the full release. There is still a fairly large difference between Medium and High because it disabled/enables Unreal's Global Illumination, but we've definitely fixed the "things being pitch black" issue.

Originally posted by Eltrik_Ave:
I still have an issue with the demo being taken down. It messed up the achievements on my profile, so now it's stuck in a weird state where I have the demo achievements but when I try to view or open it, it just takes me to the store page.

I know it seems like such an insignificant thing to be bothered by, but I just can't help it. Usually I would just remove the achievements myself through console commands, but since I don't have the license for the demo, I can't do that in this case.

We definitely understand! We believe we were able to fix it so the achievements don't show up for the demo anymore. Could you check if it worked for you?
According to SteamHunters demo has 16 completions aka 16 people completed it. So if the demo ever comes back those people will lose the completion on tracking sites. I understand you meant the best but you ended up costing some people a completion. I won't be playing the paid game anytime soon because of this. That just means you can remove all the progress I made on a whim ,in terms of putting in time of getting all achievements. In the future use Steam Hunters as reference before making such rash decisions .
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50