The Bard's Tale

The Bard's Tale

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled updates
We pushed out an update today that should fix the achievement issue. Fair warning; the fix is not retroactive.

We're looking into the reports of other problems, and thank you to those of you who reported them. Please keep in mind that, as an older title, we may not be able to address some issues. However, we're taking a look at each one and seeing what we can do.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 67 comments
Wonderful work. I have two questions now.

How would I redefine what the buttons on my gamepad do? Instead of X Y A B and what have you, it -in typica old PC fashion- calls them button 1,2,3,4 and so on. There seems to be the option to change which button does what, but on that very menu, I don't know which button to push, to make a change.

How do I change the game language to German? Not the subtitles, mind you. The Steam game properties only change those. I mean the voices. The German version is a fan favourite, because it has Oliver Kalkofe speaking as the main character. It gives the entire thing some extra appeal.
Hi,
I have the original version on disc, any hope of a key, or do I have to buy again?
Havn't played this classic in many years and would like another crack at it, but my 64 bit OS, does not play well :cgpout:
Please be sure to have a close look at the options menu problems, specifically the controls screen that doesn't allow any changes at all to the control binds so you are stuck with either default or old binds from the previous version that don't work at all. I cannot play this new version of the game due to this glitch because my old binds are locked in, unchangable and the left/right/up/down movement controls donot function at all. I tried the reversion work-around in 1 threat on the game's forum, but it had no effect at all on this problem.
The two issues I have are if I launch from my steam library window it works fine, but if I launch from the icon the game window never shows up. And I also have the unbindable controls issue that Cruelknight also has. Oh well, back to the GoG verion for me until this is fixed.
Come on dev, you need to do something about not being able to re bind the controls, it's affecting the control pad also,(XB360 pad) B opens your selection for rebinding and then both B and X take you back out and Y and A do nothing. I really want to hunt the achievements on this old classic but you have made the game unplayable. At least I could play the game before you made your
ahem.....improvements. Like {Ez0}Cruelknight I have my old bindings which just don't work with the way you have it configured now and it's impossible to change them now. Surely it can't be that difficult to sort the controls out.
New update sorted that Windows 98 compat check. But, although you can now rebind keys, you cannot save those changes...<Bump> If they fix this, it will be ace!
The game moves as though the Bard is running through treacle. The sound is all fine, but everything else seems to be in Dramatic Slow Motion. Is there a fix?
Grateful for fixing the re binding though for the joypad there are not enough buttons for 11 & 12 (I suggest putting camera movement to right joystick and then using L & R triggers for button bindings, this would give you the 11th and 12th buttons)
The main issue now is the treacle walking effect which makes the game unplayable. I don't have the best rig but I have a reasonable one that can run all games I have so far encountered yet this game is so slow it's unplayable.
i5 4690K
R9 Nitro 380X
16GB Ram
Windows 10 64 Bit
So, thanks for what you have done so far but still much to do to make this playable for me.

EDIT - BTW, I forgot to mention, when I quit the game via the quit game option in the menu the game crashes and I get the windows This programme crashed warning.
Seriously no Rebinding yet?
How long will it before you patch this issue.
Originally posted by Volkira:
Seriously no Rebinding yet?
How long will it before you patch this issue.
I think they've fixed the re binding.
They have fixed the rebinding, at least for me. I haven't encountered the speed issue others have claimed (so lucky me I suppose, hope those who have the issue get it resolved quickly) and yeah mine does crash when quitting, which is rather humorous in my eyes.
Originally posted by Reven:
They have fixed the rebinding, at least for me. I haven't encountered the speed issue others have claimed (so lucky me I suppose, hope those who have the issue get it resolved quickly) and yeah mine does crash when quitting, which is rather humorous in my eyes.
It may be humerous but it also indicates an underlying problem.
Oh I know that. It's just of all the times to crash, when you quit. this isn't the first game I've had that happen on. I hope they can get it fixed rather quickly.
Please fix this new version. The keyboardcontrols are not working correctly anymore & the game even crashed.
Can't seem to get this work, guess it's not compatible with windows 10. Here's an idea BETA TEST it before launching!!!!!!!!:steamfacepalm:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 67 comments
Per page: 1530 50