The Bard's Tale

The Bard's Tale

View Stats:
Controller Support Mod
Hi Everyone,

I've done some digging and I've stumbled across a bit of a clunky mod , but it adds the buttons for XBOX one controllers to the game.

Go to : ( I've uploaded the file to my google drive , I'll keep it there until I'm in the grave )
(https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sVc7nJdm8C5feKAF5U5WXmQ1Cuosu6vh?usp=sharing)

Download and unzip the folder within the Bards Tale Location folder .
You will see ( in order )

out,
Texmod
XBOX.TPF

Run the texmod.exe, you will see a window open up with a larg yellow folder on the top left corner of the window, click the folder and select The Bard's Tale Application and hit open in the bottom right hand corner.

Now underneath the Logging Mode ( in the middle of the tex mod window ) there is a teeeeny tiny yellow folder.. ( click it & select browse ) select the xbox.tpf file .\

Once the above is done , please hit Run. ( Your game will launch ). Once you get in game ( I'd recommend starting a new game ) your basic buttons should be functioning .

Note: You might have to navigate to the controller / gamepad option and select yes or on. Once that is done you will be able to use your controller in game, however the menu items will still show numbers )
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
cant get it working, champ
Originally posted by The Lad:
cant get it working, champ
I'll see if I can record a how to and get it uploaded. Hang tight friend. .. Also , I'd recommend trying the GOG version of the game as well.
Originally posted by RedCoatsLounge:
Originally posted by The Lad:
cant get it working, champ
I'll see if I can record a how to and get it uploaded. Hang tight friend. .. Also , I'd recommend trying the GOG version of the game as well.
i did lol, look forward to it
Please, will you re-upload the file?
OP do you still have the file?
Originally posted by 🅱🅴🅷🅴🅻🅸🆃 ⚔:
OP do you still have the file?


I’ll check and see , sorry for the late reply
Originally posted by Bmb92:
Please, will an you re-upload the file?


I’ll check and see if I still have it , and I’ll re-upload .
This works well with the new steam controller in mouse mode. Much better than the controller option in settings.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50