Journeybound Idle

Journeybound Idle

View Stats:
How do I know what I should not sell?
I have a whole load of storage items which I have no clue if it will be useful to hold on to later for quests or not.

A waterlogged log, kobold eye, a whole lot of baby animals, etc. etc.

Should I be holding on to all these things or can I safely sell them? Would be nice to have a "sell junk" button to get rid of things with no use. Or maybe something that tells me how rare the item is.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Almost every item in game has a use of some kind. That is your call to decide when you're done needing certain things :) Most quests require items from the Guild Rank/level range in which they exist. A few require some earlier Farming animal products, but by the time you get there, your tools and bonuses would make reacquiring those animals very easy.

Baby animals are hugely important for farming, but if you've out levelled them, then of course you can sell them if you choose. Kobold eyes are an alchemy potion reagent in the Alchemy tab.

The Bestiary, and each of the several Logs on the sidebar all show the rarity of each drop in their respective skills. Tidecraft is the only place where there are a handful of 'junk' rare items to break up the odds of getting better drops, but even then there are less than 10 in the entire game that can be called 'junk'. You can safely sell the few items like 'tangled line', 'waterlogged boot', and the 'waterlogged log' :)
Thanks for the information :steamthumbsup:
Of course! If you ever have more questions, feel free to ask! I'm virtually always around, as I'm working hard on 2.0 and all the new things that will be coming with it at end game this year!

You're also welcome to join the Discord! There are a hundred-something people in it, and we have some very helpful community members. It seems to be the more popular spot than Steam forums these days, but no pressure. I know joining a Discord for every game can be annoying. If you want to join, it is at https://discord.gg/NsCYAX7HNV :)
Here's what I've found.

Don't focus on how much or where you will need something. Focus on how easy it is to get and what you need to increase.

For example, let's say I need to increase my Wyldcraft. I would go in, hunt a hide animal(boar, for example), then take the boar hide, tan it, and sell the tanned hide.

Now you could take it a step further and make the tanned hide into something and sell that, either way.

This makes it where you gain two benefits. You are getting cash from an infinitely renewable resource and raising two skills to do it.
I was just wondering if there are special items that are difficult to find.

I don't want to pull my hair out over selling something really rare only to discover I needed it later on down the line.

If I'm finding tons of waterlogged logs, then it's no problem :winter2019joyfultearsyul:
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50