Monster Hunter: World

Monster Hunter: World

View Stats:
People with issues post specs
Wanna see if there is a hardware pattern to PCs with issues.
If you don't mind ofc.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 134 comments
Issue: 100% cpu usage

OS: Windows 10
CPU: i5 6600k
GPU: GTX 1070

Game is installed on an SSD and I tried both DX11 and DX12 with no change.

Edit: Just did a clean install, I had some mods still installed I forgot about too so I uninstalled them. Disable high res textures. I was adjusting settings while monitoring my CPU usage and I've found that enabling no FPS limit AND disabling v-sync causes my CPU to max out. Any other combination and I hover around 85%-90%. Enabling DX12 also caused it to go back to 100% CPU usage for me. And Now I reverted my settings and my CPU usage is back to 100%. Good lord I don't get it.

In spite of the fact my CPU is getting murdered...performance is good all of the sudden. This is so confusing.
**UPDATE**

Confirmed: It's not my hardware, and for everyone here complaining of the same issue as me below, it's probably not your hardware either. It's Capcom's latest big brained anti-cheat coding.

Yesterday there was a thread--that got nuked >:|--which detailed a post on another site explaining what Capcom has done with this update in regards to it's new, lovely anti-cheat detection. TLDR it's spamming checks and threads trying to detect cheats to the point it caps your CPU instantly. The same person who also explained this also released a CRC bypass which disables these checks. Out of desperation to play the game I fking paid for, I gave it a try. Low and behold, my CPU usage dropped from a staggering 100% usage on all cores back down to its normal 40-50% usage.

It's 100% Capcom.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium
MB: Asus P8B75-M LX
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570
GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 SC 6GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB (2x 8GB)
SSD: Intel® SSD 520 Series
DX 11

Game ran perfectly prior to update. Max settings with no issues etc. Now it runs at barely 1fps with constant stuttering, lagging, insane cpu load and longass loading times.
100% cpu usage game runs at 30 fps max settings when previously was getting 70-100

os: Windows 10
cpu: ryzen 1600x
gpu:gtx 1080 ftw
Potato laptop, dont bully me plz

OS: Windows 10
CPU: Interl Core i5-7200U @3,1Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 930MX
RAM : 8 GB

Not a broken issues, but I notice performance drop, displayed by random 10s freeze about 3-5 times on 3 hour of Iceborne gameplay. Before Icebonre the game run fine at 30fps and smooth as butter (no shuttering, or freeze)
GTX 1660ti 6GB
i7 9750H
Windows 10
RAM : 16 GB

I went from 80 fps to 45...
Stuttering and freezing mid hunt and occasionally in the towns.

Intel core i5 7300HQ processor

Windows 10
256 GB SSD
8 GB memory
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050Ti with 4GB

It's been enough to have no issues with the base game on medium, and now it won't play on low. please help. is it just my comp is too bad or is it the game got upgraded too high?
Random crashing after 5-10 minutes of gameplay, but performance FPS wise is perfectly fine.
Windows 10
GTX1070
Ryzen 7 1700@3.8
16 gigs ddr 4
Windows 7
500 GB SSD
8 GB memory
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050Ti 4GB
i5 6500

The game used to run fine on low-medium settings, now it goes to 1 or less FPS for every little loading screen, title screen or basically any time something is loaded and only returns to semi-normal once things are loaded, and the GPU is not being used seemingly at all.
Game ran pretty awesome before update. For now.

i5 3550
1080ti
16gb
win7

Yes its old. Its being upgraded. I've been blown away how long this setup has lasted.

I would get about between 60-100 fps on high settings for the most part. Few quick dips into high 40's in town or something. Load times were super fast.

Now I get 1fps for the most part while loading and etc. And just chop chop choppy unplayable. Took about 25 minutes to get load into town.
Windows 10
GTX 1070
i5-4670
8GB memory

Managed to stop the stuttering but still can't get 60fps, capped at 30 helps
OS: Arch Linux (zen kernel), running through proton
GPU: Nvidia GTX1080
CPU: Ryzen 2700X
RAM: 32GB

Game ran ok before this update.
OS: Windows 10
GPU: RTX SUPER 2060
CPU: I7-8700
RAM: 24GB

Had 60-80fps before expansion now 10-40
OS: Windows 10
GPU: GTX 1080TI
CPU: Ryzen 1650x
RAM: 32GB

80-90 FPS with High Texture Pack before the update. 40-50/stutters with 1024 texture after the update.
Originally posted by Mambo Jango:
OS: Windows 10
GPU: GTX 1080TI
CPU: Ryzen 1650x
RAM: 32GB

80-90 FPS with High Texture Pack before the update. 40-50/stutters with 1024 texture after the update.
Exact same fps drop
i5-4460
GTX 960
8gb
Windows10

I'd be willing to admit that this is simply my computer is outclassed if it weren't for the fact that I was able to play this with 60FPS and 512 texture resolution with even a few minor bells and whistle on top of it.

Now, with Iceborne, I have to play Fullscreen at 30FPS with 256 texture to avoid extreme chunky freezes/stuttering that occur every 3 seconds for about 15-30 seconds, with each lasting 3-5 seconds (before in the town hubs and during cutscene, which causes crazy audio desync).

Sure, it is playable now, but good lord it's ugly as sin (poor Banboro.. eeegh!). And doesn't make sense, considering, again, it was fine before the Iceborne expansion.

....

[UPDATE EDIT] Okay, so I've updated my nvidia driver to the latest, ( 441.87; was on 3.something or other. Forgot to pay attention to it fully).

Now it works like how I played MHW before iceborne. Can increase the models a bit to make them look nicer. Can play at 60fps while at 512 texture resolution, as I had them before. And even squeak out 1024 if I'm feeling cheeky. And it doesn't crash with DirectX12 on.

tl;dr: For nvidia driver - Check to see if your driver is updated to the latest version. Hopefully this works for some people.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 134 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jan 9, 2020 @ 5:05pm
Posts: 134