Monster Hunter: World

Monster Hunter: World

View Stats:
100% CPU Usage Sufferers, What CPU&GPU do you have?
Base MHW use to play fine with regards to my CPU. This version maxes my CPU at 100% but plays buttery smooth except for some hiccups. I'm wondering what CPU's people are using whom are suffering from this.

I'm using an i5-6600K (4 CPUs) with a GTX1070 on Win10.

On a side note, I tried that whole right click to close the game and drag the window to the side but the game freezes and shuts down when I try it.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 191 comments
Then why are you a sufferer? As long as it runs smooth and the temps are in check, who cares if it runs at max? No offense.
i5-7500 with GTX 1060, Win 10.

100% cpu all the time
The drag solution also doesnt work for me
got 20 fps in the old regions and 12-15 in hoarfrost on lowest settings
Ryzen 7, Ryzen 9 (shows 100% CPU usage but performance is fine, GPU is nVidia GTX 1070 & 2070 in both cases [4 rigs])

One odd thing is that the 'Activate DirectX 12 API' option was set to 'off' and greyed out. But setting this option to 'On' in 'graphics_options.ini' 'fixed' this 'problem'. Didn't see much impact if any. Probably unrelated.

None of our Intel CPUs had this problem (100% CPU usage),which is to say, all CPUs, Intel or AMD, ran the game just fine.

Win10Pro/Ent in all cases.
Originally posted by Beltane:
Then why are you a sufferer? As long as it runs smooth and the temps are in check, who cares if it runs at max? No offense.

Stuttering, freezing, input lag, and worse FPS than before. Used to be able to play uncapped 90+fps, now if I play uncapped without v-sync the game has horrible input lag. Whatever the issue is it's a little more nuanced than "game runs worse now". There's something odd going on.

Edit: I'm also on a i5 6600K w/ GTX 1070
Originally posted by Beltane:
Then why are you a sufferer? As long as it runs smooth and the temps are in check, who cares if it runs at max? No offense.

It hiccups during intense fights, especially if more than 1 monster on screen. U can't dodge attacks properly if there's input lag due to hiccups. Base game the only issue I had was Kushala's tornados but they fixed that in a latter patch.

Having all cores of a CPU maxed at 100% for an extended period of time really isn't the best thing in the world when you enter loading zones. Typically a CPU should run around 70% in a game for the best performance.

On top of it all, some people play games on laptops. If a CPU is at 100% all the time, chances are the laptop is going to run Thermal Throttling to try and cool itself off. This will tank performance.
I've got an i5-4690k, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 16GB RAM, and Windows 8.1. Every time I run the game it uses 98%~100% of my CPU.

One thing that has helped was when I turned down the graphics settings, exited the game, restarted my PC, and then returned the graphics settings back to where they had originally been. There is still too much freezing/hitching/stuttering for my liking, but it hasn't been quite as bad since doing this; I can actually play the game now. Also, I DON'T use the hi-res texture pack. I'm able to get 45~60 FPS without too much trouble while actually playing.

Another odd issue I encountered was, during a loading screen, when i'd Shift+Tab to use Steam Overlay to chat, after loading back into Seliana, it crashed the steam overlay, and the game, while running with music playing and NPCs walking around and such, I could not move my character. I had to open task manager and force the game to close. I've only encountered this once so far however.

I hope Capcom will fix this mess soon.
1060 (6gig), i5-4690k, 16gigs of RAM, Windows 7. It's been an utter night and day difference comparing post-update to just the day before regarding performance.
Originally posted by SnazzyNaz:
1060 (6gig), i5-4690k, 16gigs of RAM, Windows 7. It's been an utter night and day difference comparing post-update to just the day before regarding performance.
yeah. I played it just the day before and it ran flawlessly for me. After that update? Big oof. :whyioughtta:
i5 6600(non-k) + gtx 970 and 16gb ram.
I didn't buy the expansion, It runs mostly fine but it is pretty much costantly at 100% CPU and let's say once or twice an hour I get like a 3-4 secs freeze which never happened before
Intel 4 core i7 4770k., NVidia 4GB GTX 1050 Ti. 16GB Ram. Running on an SSD.
Originally posted by Verd254:
Originally posted by Beltane:
Then why are you a sufferer? As long as it runs smooth and the temps are in check, who cares if it runs at max? No offense.

Stuttering, freezing, input lag, and worse FPS than before. Used to be able to play uncapped 90+fps, now if I play uncapped without v-sync the game has horrible input lag. Whatever the issue is it's a little more nuanced than "game runs worse now". There's something odd going on.
exactly. most people would jsut see the poor performance and ♥♥♥♥♥ though without looking into what could be doing it. or threaten a refund. or something equally silly in an echo chamber that is a salt thread.

i myself havn't noticed any CPU bound issues, but i've kept my usage minimized by killing all non essential software when gaming.

i've overall lost 30 fps but, considering i still hover around 70-90 fps its not a huge loss. still sad though. but yeah this is everything maxed out at 2k resolution. no motion blur. that setting has always been garbage.
i7 9750H
GTX 1660 ti 6GB VRAM
win 10 16GB RAM

My CPU can't even go up to 100% usage because it is overheating :)

Yes :)

And I'm losing fps and having freezes because my poor CPU is trying to live
I just bounce between 30% and 85%, using an i7 6700k@4.6ghz and an RTX 2070. my framerate is still fine, going from 45-60 fps all the time at 1080p. Just posting this here since I did have a small stint at 100% with a stutter or two last night.

Sold my 1440p monitor a while back so don't ahve one to mess around with that on anymore.
An 8 core i7-9700k shouldn't be getting anywhere near 90-100% utilization with this game. The anti-tamper was bypassed (AGAIN) within 12 hours. It's time for it to go, but unfortunately capcom is more keen on deleting threads mentioning the checksum issue instead to hide the problem.
Originally posted by Malkraz:
An 8 core i7-9700k shouldn't be getting anywhere near 90-100% utilization with this game. The anti-tamper was bypassed (AGAIN) within 12 hours. It's time for it to go, but unfortunately capcom is more keen on deleting threads mentioning the checksum issue instead to hide the problem.
proof?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 191 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jan 11, 2020 @ 3:39pm
Posts: 191