Monster Hunter: World

Monster Hunter: World

View Stats:
hunting horn is goated
I just picked up hunting horn and ngl it has some curve to learn but very fun to use. I can pretty much spam combos for certain buffs and it just works. Need max Stamina> i got ya need Defence XL? I got ya... Both switch axe and hunting horn are now my fav.. not to mention the DAMAGE.. hunting horn can hit hard.. I really get to just pop off in team fights and in solo its great.. Still i don't see many using it.. kinda sad..
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Hunting Horn is too complex for most players to manage. The weapon isn't just button mashing.
On a HH related note, grab a few Safi horns. You can slot in specific song list with decent stats on Safi horns. A few of my favorite songs are, "All Wind Pressure Negate" "Earplug" "Negate Status Ailment"
Originally posted by ominumi:
Hunting Horn is too complex for most players to manage. The weapon isn't just button mashing.
On a HH related note, grab a few Safi horns. You can slot in specific song list with decent stats on Safi horns. A few of my favorite songs are, "All Wind Pressure Negate" "Earplug" "Negate Status Ailment"
I'm low level like 14 right now so I don't know what Safi horn is.. but I'm just having fun taking my time to just enjoy the hunts etc. I have 6star research on 12 monsters 😁.. I will figure this Safi horn out currently just getting material for a new water horn
awesome! I still prefer the simple concussion stick, but I wager one day I'll make the switch, too.

Always love having a h-horn in my hunts. good vibes guaranteed.
Weird, how it's still looked at as a support weapon, because i'm a solo player and i'm having a blast with HH. It's very satisfying, if you time the headbonks just right. You never bounce and K.O.'s for days. And your DPS with the IB moves is cracked.

Though, i'm struggling to see any reason to use a HH that doesn't have ATK UP.
I wonder if trying to find a use for those horns would just put me on top of a bellcurve.
:mhwgood: MHW HH is one of my favourite weapons mechanically, across all games I've ever played.

Experiment with different songlists, have fun, don't worry about meta.

When you're ready to level up your skills, look up the Hunting Horn Masterclass by Griffted on YouTube.

Originally posted by JellyPuff:
Though, i'm struggling to see any reason to use a HH that doesn't have ATK UP.
I wonder if trying to find a use for those horns would just put me on top of a bellcurve.

Atk Up L is so strong, it's never a bad idea to have it in a team.

But there are many uses for other horns. I love it when I see an SOS that already has a HH player with Atk Up L, so I can bring a more interesting songlist.

  • Any HH with Sonic Waves for Diablos and Black Diablos. At endgame Bringuiro (Frostfang HH) is the best for this and quite a few other matchups.
  • Bringuiro also has Fire Res L which is great for Teostra and Kulve Taroth. Especially Day of Ruin event quest which is very popular for farming decos, a lot of newer players join (or old players who got lazy and don't slot Fire Res or Heat Guard, and don't superman dive the nova)
  • Earplugs L for Brute Tigrex. You can make a Safi water HH for it. Unfortunately Kjarr Water only has Earplugs S. Useful in Guiding Lands if a random Brute appears and people don't have a Earplugs 5 build ready to swap. You still need to dodge the biggest roar but at least you won't have 4 clowns falling over constantly.
  • Alatreon HH with Ele Atk, Blight Res, Blight Negated is good against Namielle. Though if the team is well prepared with Resuscitate to abuse waterblight, you shouldn't use the blight songs.
  • Kjarr Myth (Thunder) with Ele Atk, Divine Protection, Recovery Speed, Health Rec is good against Gold Rathian. Rec Speed helps with red health which happens often even if you dodge well, because of the lingering fire on the ground. There is high risk of one-shots or people getting stunned, especially in the Hymn of Moon and Sun (Gold Rathian + Silver Rathalos), so it's nice to top them up without sheathing for Lifepowder. You need to play offensive to kill Gold before Silver spawns, so it's not about becoming a healer, just top up when it's convenient.
  • Kjarr Stream (Ice) with Wind Pressure Negated, Health Rec M + Antidote, Stam Reduced, Def Up L, Stam bubble, Extended Health Recovery bubble. I like to use this when helping new players with any Rath or other poison monster. Gives them a lot of room to make mistakes and learn the fight.
  • All Wind Pressure Negated for Kushala Daora (must be All Wind, not Wind). You can make a Safi poison or blast HH with Stamina Melody IV for this song, Atk & Def Up S, Stam Reduced, and Stam bubble, actually a decent songlist.
Welcome to the Doot Doot Gang :mhwhappy:

some people say HH is a "Support" Weapon and used only for buffing team
but to a master of the Doot this weapon is LETHAL BLUNT WEAPON

HH is actly one of the weapon where u can prty much hit almost all angle depend on where ur aiming ur attacks and activate the melody

and yeah also don't miss out the Horn maestro skills and always make sure to use Horn that have either Atk UP Melody & Impact/echo Wave if u wanna maximize ur offense (and maybe also utilize Dragon wave for monster that weak againts it)

and if u are er.. playing solo anyways other supp buff/melody won't be that important unless ur playing with people
Once you go Hunting Horn! You never go back! Such a fun weapon to play hehe
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jun 8, 2025 @ 12:13pm
Posts: 7