Monster Hunter: World

Monster Hunter: World

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Crash issues for AMD GPU/CPU users + Controller issues
■Crash or launch issues with AMD hardware - Some crash or non-boot issues on AMD hardware, be it CPU or GPU related, may be resolved by installing AMD's official 18.8.1 driver which supports Monster Hunter World.

Link to Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1[www.amd.com]

■Controller Issue - For those having issues with the game recognizing the controller, try launching the Steam client in Big Picture Mode and click the cog icon on the upper-right.

Then, select Controller Settings and enable the device of your choice (e.g., PlayStation 4 Configuration, Xbox Configuration, etc.)

Back out of the menu and launch the game.

If this doesn't work, the base device driver for the controller may not be installed or there may be some conflict with another application including input remappers such as DS4Windows. You may want to disable the remapper app try again.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 166 comments
After installing the 18.8.1 it still crashes.
Yes I have 18.8.1 and it keeps crashing. During video, during gameplay, I can't really start the first level. I get at TOPS 60 seconds of gameplay
After installing 18.8.1 I can startup the game now, but did not play yet. Note that I am on bootcamp, but I managed to install these drivers via bootcampdrivers.com. Before installing these drivers, it did not boot at all, so these drivers seems seems to fix some things. Lets now play the game and see how that goes.
Ryzen 7 1800x and Vega 64 here, 18.8.1 drivers installed and I just get random crashes, no wrning, no stutter, no locks ups, it just crashes to desktop. Almost like I task killed the process, and I lose all progress, I have ran to my tent like 5 times now, I managed to finally complete the first hunt, but then I have crashed twice back in town once after I upgraded gear and was headed to handler and the next time just running back to smithy.

It is unplayable right now.
i5-4690 and RX570 here. 18.8.1 has not worked.
I am on bootcamp (imac) with windows 10. After performing the update using bootcampdrivers.com, I was able to startup the game. I have just completed the first quest with 68 minutes playtime. No crash yet so far after this patch. After how long playing do your games crash?

Further specs:
imac 2017
Windows 10
Radeon Pro 570
Quad core i5-7500 CPU @ 3.4 GHZ
16 GB memory
Fusion Drive

Note for other people on OSX, you really have to use bootcampdrivers.com, because the default Apple driver is to old.
i cant save the game and now i cant even play it wdh
Been Getting random crashes since getting into town. managed to get out and complete the first quest but now im back in town its crashing again.

fx 8350
rx 580
Hello, I installed and started to play the game yesterday night but between then and today, I got already 6 crashes, the same. My game just freezes for 2-3 seconds and then quits totally, without any crash log or other informations. It just crashes.

Here is my config:

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Asus PRIME X370-PRO

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3 GHz AM4

RAM : 16 Go
F4-3200C14-8GFX
F4-3200C14-8GFX


Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
OCZ-VERTEX2 3.5
WDC WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0
NVMe Samsung SSD 960 SCSI
WD My Passport 0748 USB Device USB
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

I play on a 1440p screen at 120Hz, I reach 80-100 Fps constant with Max settings and only Volumetric Fog disabled.

Yet, I get crashes every 15-20 minutes or so, which makes it impossible for me to even do a single mission.

Oh, and my drivers are all updated.
I'm running AMD Phenom II X6 1050T with 12GB RAM and HD 5770 (Ver. 16.2.1 Crimson ReLive) and I can't run the game at all. It just shows me a black screen for a few seconds and closes itself. I tried installing 18.8.1 but it doesn't support my card. Any advice?
The game crash after 5 minute of play, my config: amd ryzen 5 1600 and amd radeon rx 580 with the 18.8.1 driver and 16Gb ram
Hm... I start to think that it is the AMD CPU and not the AMD GPU. All these posts here with crashes have an AMD CPU right? Because, I have an intel one, with a AMD GPU, and after installing the patch I have no crashes anymore. Does this make any sense?
Hello,

I have pre-purchased (like a fool) in high hopes this game, as it was received well on the consols so i thought it will be smooth. Sadly it wasn't and i had an issue which then turned into another.

My initial issue was, when the game launched and after the "start game" the first cut scene began. My game crashed with the error message of "ERR12 Graphics display crashed"

This happened within 2-4 seconds at the same point, when the camera shows the various characters in the room. Mostly around the guy with the crossbow on his hand.

Afterwards i started trouble shooting to try everything i can. I have tried various game settings from low to mid to high, with v-sync on and off, with windowed, with borderless and with fullscreen.
I have tried to run it on the latest driver, and i tried it on older.
I tempered with my GPU's power management as it was suggested that might be the issue.
I tried running as admin.
Basically i tried everything that was suggested anywhere to no avail.



And then what's worse, the game no longer launches with the following message:
"Currently your game purchase cannot be re-validated successfully, please wait 24 hours and try again"


So i am no longer able to even try to fix my issue, and this saddens me greatly. I runl on an RX570 with 16gb of memory and on an i5-3570K 3.4GHZ cpu.

I'm looking forward to your detailed and helpful reply.
Sincerely Yours,
Geza Szabo
Originally posted by Gazelle:
Hm... I start to think that it is the AMD CPU and not the AMD GPU. All these posts here with crashes have an AMD CPU right? Because, I have an intel one, with a AMD GPU, and after installing the patch I have no crashes anymore. Does this make any sense?
Skàl (the commentator above) have a i5 but the same problem, at this point i do not know...

Update: I try to change some graphics settings but without results
The same thing, crash to the desktop after 20m i reinstall nvidia drivers and nothing
< >
Showing 1-15 of 166 comments
Per page: 1530 50